A look into our potential last 16 opponents...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby MilitiaRusher » Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:29 pm

Dundalk wrote:Im pretty sure none of them teams will want to draw us

Perhaps, but every team in Pot 1 seem to be very strong this time round. So yea, I think every Pot 2 team would be dreading to draw any of the Pot 1 teams.
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:41 pm

kopite_1232002 wrote:the draw is next friday, dont care who we get me, to be the best u have to beat the best,

That statement is often dragged out in Cup draws but if you think about it, is b@llocks !
When we won the F.A cup in 2001 we played leeds away...very tough, but then had Tranmere Rovers and Wycombe in two of the rounds.
Luck of the draw can be a great advantage.

Last season we had a very tough draw once we were past leverkusen but Chelsea had already disposed of Barcelona who were flying and Bayern Munich.
If Real Madrid or Bayern munich could draw Juventus and A.C Milan and Chelsea got Barcelona again 3 of the top teams are gone.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:55 pm

i would lmao if we won in gay paree again! what's so gay about it anyway? does it have the highest sodomy rate in the world or something?
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MilitiaRusher » Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:04 pm

For starters, this would be a good site for you if you want a basic understanding on how the draw works.
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kukilon » Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:28 pm

I would rather meet Real Madrid now. They play like :censored: and Liverpool would make mince meat out of this cirkus show "los comedicos" of theirs. Rangers wouldn't be bad either but they will fight like most scottish teams do and play physical which might injure some of our players.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby Anfield rapper » Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:41 pm

I think that getting a big name scalp, relativley early on like Real will give us the momentum we need. Their defence is a shambles at the moment an Becks is hacking everyone that comes within a 5 metre radius. :D
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:46 pm

It sounds daft but I see Rangers as more of a threat than some of the other teams just for the fact that they will be fired up for who they are playing. Can't see some of the other teams take us too seriously despite the fact we won it last year which will surely give us an advantage.
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby liamac » Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:52 pm

wrighty (not mark!) wrote:It sounds daft but I see Rangers as more of a threat than some of the other teams just for the fact that they will be fired up for who they are playing. Can't see some of the other teams take us too seriously despite the fact we won it last year which will surely give us an advantage.

Rangers are :censored: poor  in all honesty , they should be fighting for top spot in the SPL but are 5th!!! ..... they had their best game in weeks last night  but come the next round id prefer them to Bayern Munich any day plus they will have a new manager  for sure

I think Real are a good bet as well , quite fancy us having them
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby 66-1120597113 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:17 pm

Being filled with confidence due to our recent form i really dont care who we draw out of that lot!
Bare in mind that we are one clean sheet away from equalling a club record of 10 consecutive clean sheets!
This stat in itself says a lot of how far we have come recently
We are a better team than we were when we won it last year.
Our boys seem to gather a will to win,belief and confidence when needed in this competition that is more important in winning than any Ronaldo,Nedved or Ronaldhinio is to any particular team.
No disrespect to any of the 7 teams but they should be hoping they dont draw Liverpool not us worrying about them!
66-1120597113

Postby stmichael » Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:53 pm

don't want bayern. they're by far the toughest draw out of all those opponents. personally i'd love to get real madrid just because i hate them with a passion and would love to stuff them out of sight.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby kopite_1232002 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:25 pm

dont see why people want to play rangers the most, england vs scotland, just like lfc vs bitters, anythin can happen were better wiv that german side or even benfica than rangers tellin ye
kopite_1232002

Postby crazyhorse » Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:15 pm

I would expect us to beat Rangers comprehensively. Despite a lot of heart they are a poor team indeed - their best player is Barry Ferguson for christs sake. They are only in this round because they managed a 1-1 with a well below strength Inter side and the other result in their group went their way.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gareth G » Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:41 pm

Rangers are not as weak as some people think, although they are not anywhere near our quality and playing sh*t domestically, but they are capable of an upset. Alex McLeish has been thrown a life line after getting through to the next stage, he's been givin a vote of confidence as he's being kept on as manager, for the time being at least. This new's will really kick start the Gers season in my opinion, they will be up for a scrap, definitely. However, I'd still like us to play them and duff them ( I support Rangers too - kind of ) or play Real Madrid, on the other hand Bayern Munich I don't want to meet just yet, though I think we could beat them.
Last edited by Gareth G on Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:17 pm

Rangers are a different team in europe,something we know about from last season. I remember when they knocked a good Leeds team out ,saying that ,I still think wed be too good for them.
  Wouldnt like Bayern or Psv,but what does it matter.We didnt want Juventus or Milan last season and look what happened.
:D We will lift it up brutha!
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby *XABIALONSO* » Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:27 pm

i would want either benfica or werder bremen
wouldnt care if we get real madrid think they
arent that good any more
neither benfica or werder bremen look to go far
top 3 clubs in this must be barcelona chelsea and ac milan
but think we can also beat these as we have done ac& chelse
english teams i think will dominate this year
not saying spanish or italian wont
french teams like lyon are on form now but feel they could slip
if we was to get to the final agen i would hope it was with
chelsea as we have un finished buisness
also would like barca

take all the 1st letters and u can see who i want next round[B]
Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that.        BILL SHANKLY
*XABIALONSO*

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion