New manager if needed....... - The potential candidates.......

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

New manager if needed....... - The potential candidates.......

Leave rafa in charge for the forseeable, come what may.
17%
Gus Hiddink.
12%
Somebody else not mentioned here.
9%
Jurgen Klinsman.
No votes
Marcello Lippi.
2%
Fabio Capello.
5%
Martin O Neill.
12%
Laurent Blanc.
2%
Jose Mourinho.
26%
Kenny Dalglish.
15%
Mark Hughes.
No votes

Total votes : 86

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:19 am

bigmick wrote:
Ciggy wrote:Why is mark friggen Hughes in that list  ???  :glare:

Lynds I just stuck him in because someone mentioned grabbing him sharpish. He wouldn't be my choice any more than Klinnsman would (although we could probably do worse than both in truth), I was just sticking down people who had been mentioned. I forgot about Roy Hodgson so I should have stuck him in, likewise Rjikjarrd but you do only get 10 choices, and once you've put the "keep the manager", "others", "Kenny Dalglish", "Hiddink" and "Mourinho" you don't have a lot of leeway.

Get real and take him off the poxy list then Mick  :angry:
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby kazza » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:38 am

Sir Roger wrote:
Boocity wrote:
Octsky wrote:I really dont understand why people wants Morihno, this guy hates the club and fans to the gut.

I don't know where you got that from he doesn't hate Liverpool, if we had gone in for him before Chelsea he would have joined us then.

Wouldnt trust him after the "goal that never was"
He never Fu*king shuts up about it!

Let's not forget about the time he told the Liverpool fans to shut up in Cardiff . I hated him then and would never want him now as I think there was more hype surrounding him than substance. I am sure he was decent, but completely overated. He picks teams that have all the right ingredients before committing to them rather than building a team. Notice he never seems to stay more than a few years in one place and I am sure Inter will be no different. To think that if Jose was here all will be well is laughable. Besides anyone that says they would "love" the Utd job can feck right off.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:50 am

Reg wrote:
kazza wrote:If it is ideal world we are talking about (AKA fantasy land) then it would be Shankley for me (more chance than Maureen taking the job). I think he will do a good job.   :;):

So who is today's Shankly?

Personally I cant think of one, just a bunch of suit wearing super-managers addicted to spending money.

He's probably in the second division somewhere.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:54 am

my vote has been cast,

GUESS WHO ,  :laugh:
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:00 pm

Well it's unsurprising to me that Mourino gets the most votes, but I'm surprised Kenny Dalglish doesn't fair better. Whether or not he'd take the job is a moot point, but his record is excellent. He won the title with us, then with Blackburn and even got Newcastle into second. He must surely be the unity candidate, even if it was only short term.

The danger is that we decide to end the tenure of the current manager, and then plunge ourselves into another situation where the fan base is split down the middle by divided loyalities. Say for instance they gave it to Mourinho for example and he took the job, there are a fair number of people who have mad eit quite clear they wouldn't get behind him or the team. It could all be back to square one.

For my part, I absolutely firmly believe that any Liverpool manager should be given every opportunity to do the job and not have fans turn their backs on him before he's even started. If rafa were to leave and klinnsman got the job, I'd definately support him and wish him, ditto Mourinho obviously. I just want the team to win, and whoever is the manager I hope he manages to achieve that on a regualr basis.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:03 pm

My interpretation of this poll is that Rafa at his lowest moment of form is almost as popular as Mourinho  :D
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:12 pm

Sabre wrote:My interpretation of this poll is that Rafa at his lowest moment of form is almost as popular as Mourinho  :D

It's an interesting way of looking at it Sabre I must say :D. My way of looking at it is that our manager can muster barely over 20% of votes from a cross section of fans who are prepared to say he ought to say. Also, a manager who is widely detested by a large portion of our fanbase, the 'shusher' can poll Rafa's votes plus 40% on top. Hardly a vote of confidence no?
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chrisrafman » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:14 pm

Ciggy wrote:Why is mark friggen Hughes in that list  ???  :glare:

An ex manc and chavski player. couldnt do a job where money got thrown at him for new players. how would he cope with f**k all to spend? No chance
The devil on the badge represents the equality of manchester united with satan and his many demoish minions downstairs. just like the many twisted devil worshipers accross the world it means you have to posess the same sick minded mentality to follow that pathetic excuse for a football team.
chrisrafman

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:27 pm

bigmick wrote:
Sabre wrote:My interpretation of this poll is that Rafa at his lowest moment of form is almost as popular as Mourinho  :D

It's an interesting way of looking at it Sabre I must say :D. My way of looking at it is that our manager can muster barely over 20% of votes from a cross section of fans who are prepared to say he ought to say. Also, a manager who is widely detested by a large portion of our fanbase, the 'shusher' can poll Rafa's votes plus 40% on top. Hardly a vote of confidence no?

Put this poll on a different site Mick and i think you would still find the one we have now in the lead, :;):
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby loopyliverpool » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:36 pm

Hiddink... quality who knows his onions or should that be tulips... anyway he is the outstanding candidate in that list. Second choice would be O'Neil but I cannot see him joining us and I don't think Mourinho would either but both strong candidates. Dalglish would obviously be the Romantic's choice but he hasn't managed for a while now and could he cut it when he had failed as many others did at Newcastle. No - Hiddink it is.
loopyliverpool

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:03 pm

NANNY RED wrote:[
Put this poll on a different site Mick and i think you would still find the one we have now in the lead, :;):

Would that be Evertons site?

only kidding.. (steps away quickly)!
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Boocity » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:18 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Put this poll on a different site Mick and i think you would still find the one we have now in the lead, :;):

Nanny, I cannot believe that this is the only site with disaffected supporters and that we are in the minority and everyone else supports Rafa. This site is a cross-section of supporters just like any opinion poll would be.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:42 pm

edit
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Sir Roger » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:49 pm

Would not trust mourhino
Full stop
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby Owzat » Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:40 pm

Sir Roger wrote:
Boocity wrote:
Octsky wrote:I really dont understand why people wants Morihno, this guy hates the club and fans to the gut.

I don't know where you got that from he doesn't hate Liverpool, if we had gone in for him before Chelsea he would have joined us then.

Wouldnt trust him after the "goal that never was"
He never Fu*king shuts up about it!

It's carved in his gravestone.

Yes, that's right, he's so arrogant he has to do his own headstone to make sure all his pathetic nonciness is written in stone and will sit over his oversized skull forever.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion