New manager if needed....... - The potential candidates.......

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

New manager if needed....... - The potential candidates.......

Leave rafa in charge for the forseeable, come what may.
17%
Gus Hiddink.
12%
Somebody else not mentioned here.
9%
Jurgen Klinsman.
No votes
Marcello Lippi.
2%
Fabio Capello.
5%
Martin O Neill.
12%
Laurent Blanc.
2%
Jose Mourinho.
26%
Kenny Dalglish.
15%
Mark Hughes.
No votes

Total votes : 86

Postby Lee2k6 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:15 am

J*o*n*D*o*e wrote:voted to keep Rafa where he is, in an ideal world as you put it we would of carried on our form of last season and be up there challenging but alas where not, still i said i would stick by him till the end of the season and i will.

chose to keep rafa where he is, for all the reasons above, but if the question was phrased differently or i HAD to choose someone out of the lot think i'de have to opt for.. hmm..  head says Hiddink, heart says Kenny.. but i'de go for Hiddink probably.

MoN and Mourinho.. good managers and all just couldnt bare either of em at the club, they get me blood boiling whenever i see em talking on telly.
Lee2k6

Postby mart » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:32 am

bigmick wrote:A vote and then an explanation of why wouldn't go amiss, and this is IN AN IDEAL WORLD, if we could avoid the old "but he wouldn't come to us with our owners" chestnut every two minutes it'd help.

Why not try to be a bit more realistic, then it would be more of a point to the thread.

In an Ideal world we would have a new stadium, lots of cash to buy whoever we want and we would win every match. But thats not how it is now is it?

If you dont try to be realistic you just get the usual suspects like we have seen in 100's of other threads (Hiddink and moureen).
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby lakes10 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:58 am

for me its Martin O Neill but only as i can not make myself vote for Jose Mourinho but i think he the better one.

by the way Woofwoof my other post was sort of a joke about jC and Kenny but it might work......it worked with Kenny
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:02 am

If it is ideal world we are talking about (AKA fantasy land) then it would be Shankley for me (more chance than Maureen taking the job). I think he will do a good job.   :;):
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Festy » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:37 am

Edited
ImageImageImage

-----YOU WILL NEVER WALK ALONE. WILL YOU ?-----
Festy

Postby lakes10 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:38 am

dont think Mourinho would take the job right now, he has a chance of winning the CL.

word is that we might see Klinsman stand in for a bit.
Last edited by lakes10 on Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Festy » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:45 am

Fauxy wrote:Rijkaard  :;):

I second that. It would be great to watch Torres, Gerrard, Yossi and Aquaman play Barca like football.  :buttrock
ImageImageImage

-----YOU WILL NEVER WALK ALONE. WILL YOU ?-----
Festy

Postby Octsky » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:58 am

I really dont understand why people wants Morihno, this guy hates the club and fans to the gut.
Its like hiring G.Neville as our new youth coach or appointing William Wallace as the new abassador for England.
If Rafa is sacked after Xmas, coz i dont really see us sacking him so near xmas (we are not a heartless club), there are only 3 realistic names: Daglish, MON and Hiddink.

Hiddink as gone as far as he could with Russia.
MON has always managed with less budget so he wont be shy.
Daglish, he loves the club/fans and will risk his legendary status to lift us up.
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby spion » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:33 am

Kenny came out only a week or so ago stating he never wanted to manage again & that he was happier than he ever had been playing mentor to the future players.
spion

Postby Ciggy » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:35 am

Why is mark friggen Hughes in that list  ???  :glare:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:38 am

kazza wrote:If it is ideal world we are talking about (AKA fantasy land) then it would be Shankley for me (more chance than Maureen taking the job). I think he will do a good job.   :;):

So who is today's Shankly?

Personally I cant think of one, just a bunch of suit wearing super-managers addicted to spending money.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:41 am

Octsky wrote:I really dont understand why people wants Morihno, this guy hates the club and fans to the gut.

I don't know where you got that from he doesn't hate Liverpool, if we had gone in for him before Chelsea he would have joined us then.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sir Roger » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:56 am

Boocity wrote:
Octsky wrote:I really dont understand why people wants Morihno, this guy hates the club and fans to the gut.

I don't know where you got that from he doesn't hate Liverpool, if we had gone in for him before Chelsea he would have joined us then.

Wouldnt trust him after the "goal that never was"
He never Fu*king shuts up about it!
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:58 am

Ciggy wrote:Why is mark friggen Hughes in that list  ???  :glare:

Lynds I just stuck him in because someone mentioned grabbing him sharpish. He wouldn't be my choice any more than Klinnsman would (although we could probably do worse than both in truth), I was just sticking down people who had been mentioned. I forgot about Roy Hodgson so I should have stuck him in, likewise Rjikjarrd but you do only get 10 choices, and once you've put the "keep the manager", "others", "Kenny Dalglish", "Hiddink" and "Mourinho" you don't have a lot of leeway.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sir Roger » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:05 am

bigmick wrote:
Ciggy wrote:Why is mark friggen Hughes in that list  ???  :glare:

Lynds I just stuck him in because someone mentioned grabbing him sharpish. He wouldn't be my choice any more than Klinnsman would (although we could probably do worse than both in truth), I was just sticking down people who had been mentioned. I forgot about Roy Hodgson so I should have stuck him in, likewise Rjikjarrd but you do only get 10 choices, and once you've put the "keep the manager", "others", "Kenny Dalglish", "Hiddink" and "Mourinho" you don't have a lot of leeway.

Hughes cannot gain the respect of high profile players
He is better off with lesser prem or lower league outfits
Dont even consider him for LFC
:no
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion