Help needed - past kits needed

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby dr_adnan » Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:23 pm

Hi All,

I am using my brother's ID as he recommended I try this forum. I need some advice. Basically our father is a massive Liverpool fan...and over the years no matter how hard he has tried, he cannot get seem to finish his collection of shirts. I know he has a fair few left, and as a birthday pressie, I was considering buying him some. Now the problem is...everywhere I have tried is too expensive. Ideally I want to buy him 2 or 3, but I know that may not be feasible. My brother is a Liverpool fan of 20 odd years and he has given me a list of the shirts my dad needs apparantly:

Red Crown Paints shirt from late 80's
White crown paints shirt (red writing)
Grey crown paints shirt (red writing)
Yellow crown paints shirt (red writing)

And the real one he wants: Yellow away umbro shrt from late 70's..apparantly it was a 3rd kit, whatever that means? No sponsor. I know he is after a few more...but this is where you lot come into it...

Is anyone prepared to sell me any of these? I would pay good money as long as it isn't silly money. I know these are rare, and even rarer is that I need them in medium or above in good nick. If anyone can help, can you please let me know...you'd be doing me a massive favour.

Rebecca xxxx
dr_adnan

Postby red37 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:26 pm

ebay  ???

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby deejay-cgt » Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:34 pm

[url=http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Liverpool-Shirt-Retro-Style-1980s-Football-Shirt_W0QQitemZ300006551322QQihZ020QQcategoryZ1
06506QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem]That It??[/url]
CgT

deejay-cgt

Postby Michael Yip » Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:50 pm

dr_adnan wrote:Hi All,

I am using my brother's ID as he recommended I try this forum. I need some advice. Basically our father is a massive Liverpool fan...and over the years no matter how hard he has tried, he cannot get seem to finish his collection of shirts. I know he has a fair few left, and as a birthday pressie, I was considering buying him some. Now the problem is...everywhere I have tried is too expensive. Ideally I want to buy him 2 or 3, but I know that may not be feasible. My brother is a Liverpool fan of 20 odd years and he has given me a list of the shirts my dad needs apparantly:

And the real one he wants: Yellow away umbro shrt from late 70's..apparantly it was a 3rd kit, whatever that means? No sponsor. I know he is after a few more...but this is where you lot come into it...

Is anyone prepared to sell me any of these? I would pay good money as long as it isn't silly money. I know these are rare, and even rarer is that I need them in medium or above in good nick. If anyone can help, can you please let me know...you'd be doing me a massive favour.

Rebecca xxxx

I am not selling you any shirts but roughly want to guesstimate your "wanted shirts"  :cool:

This one?  1987-88 home
This one? 1985-87 away
This one? 1987-88 away
Wait...there are THREE of them, you mean UMBRO or Adidas?

And the real one he wants: Yellow away umbro shrt from late 70's..apparantly it was a 3rd kit, whatever that means? No sponsor.
This one? 1978-79 yellow third kit?!
Or the pinstripes?
Michael Yip

Postby babu » Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:12 pm

Dr Adnan,

Listen to M.Yip. his collection boggles the mind.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dr_adnan » Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:28 pm

Hi Michael

I cannot see any of the pics. I know my brother mentioned your name. You have a site don't you? Any help appreciated guys. Have tried ebay...one crown paints adidas shirt (yellow with red writing..double winning or something) went for 220..thats too much for one shirt for me. Maybe for 3 but not 1.
dr_adnan

Postby dr_adnan » Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:58 pm

I have been offered a player worn Hitachi shirt..David Johnson...100% authentic. Any ideas how much I should pay for this? Is 350 too much? Regards
dr_adnan

Postby deejay-cgt » Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:07 pm

hey dr_adnan you looking for orginal shirts made then? or are willing to consider remakes since?
CgT

deejay-cgt

Postby dr_adnan » Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:16 pm

Hi

They need to be originals. Thanks
dr_adnan

Postby jonnymac1979 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:21 pm

I love these retro kits, the one Souness is wearing is a belter.

I had that White 1986/87 away kit as a kid.
jonnymac1979

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:31 pm

For some reason when I picture Rushie he's always in that yellow away kit .
Great to see it (well something similar ) back this season .

:D

Anybody who saw the lfc 70's games on espn this weekend would have been knocked out by the "Retro kits" no ads no names , Clemence didn't even have a number  :D

Think the players washed their own kit back then and Hughes must have used a "hot wash" cycle as the white on his shirt (around the neck) was a definite shade of pink . :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:46 pm

dr_adnan wrote:Hi Michael

I cannot see any of the pics. I know my brother mentioned your name. You have a site don't you? Any help appreciated guys. Have tried ebay...one crown paints adidas shirt (yellow with red writing..double winning or something) went for 220..thats too much for one shirt for me. Maybe for 3 but not 1.

well you're going to struggle to get 3 for that price.  They're rare and collectable shirts and i wouldn't part with mine for love NOR money. 

this was my 2nd ever lfc kit

now, unless you can find them in a jumble sale, you're going to have to spend bid money to get them.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby coddy » Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:11 pm

dr_adnan wrote:I have been offered a player worn Hitachi shirt..David Johnson...100% authentic. Any ideas how much I should pay for this? Is 350 too much? Regards

put it this way, i saw a maradona shirt (worn and signed with cert.) go for about 400, so id say your paying a lil over the odds but if you really want it then id go for it.
YNWA Drummerphil RIP

Immortalised by his own Legend. God Speed.

End Transmission.....
coddy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion