New manager if needed....... - The potential candidates.......

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

New manager if needed....... - The potential candidates.......

Leave rafa in charge for the forseeable, come what may.
17%
Gus Hiddink.
12%
Somebody else not mentioned here.
9%
Jurgen Klinsman.
No votes
Marcello Lippi.
2%
Fabio Capello.
5%
Martin O Neill.
12%
Laurent Blanc.
2%
Jose Mourinho.
26%
Kenny Dalglish.
15%
Mark Hughes.
No votes

Total votes : 86

Postby Owzat » Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:47 pm

Ciggy wrote:Why is mark friggen Hughes in that list  ???  :glare:

Didn't know that was his middle name  :D

He's probably in the list because he's available, something that some seem to think is vital in timing and choice of manager when in fact quality tends to be in employment and therefore we will probably have to cough up compensation to get a top manager
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:48 pm

I voted for Rafa to stay..

Think we need a director of football though to take full control of our transfers from here on... Rafa has proven to be a complete failure in that department and i wouldn't want him wasting our January budget on more average players in positions we don't need.. After the end of the season and after the World Cup, things will get much clearer...

In an ideal world, Mourinho would become available and we'd be in the CL for next season so naturally he'd be the best candidate for the job...
2nd in line for me is Capello... Both he and Mourinho have excellent records when it comes to winning titles and doing that fast....
3rd would be Riijkard, atleast we'd be somewhat guaranteed some good football regardless of the results... Not a big fan of Klinsman, Hughes or even Lippi, but fair to say any of the above names would do a better job than the one Rafa is doing atm...

However, given the compensation we'd have to pay and the fact that things arent completely out of hand yet, i'd give Rafa until the end of the season as manager.... Not to prove his worth or anything, but just for the club to wait and make sure that our next manager is indeed the best options rather than just whatever that was available at the time...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:54 pm

aCe' wrote:I voted for Rafa to stay..

Think we need a director of football though to take full control of our transfers from here on... Rafa has proven to be a complete failure in that department and i wouldn't want him wasting our January budget on more average players in positions we don't need..

Problem is Ace, Rafa would not accept that, he wants total control, that was one of the issues with Parry.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:06 pm

Boocity wrote:
aCe' wrote:I voted for Rafa to stay..

Think we need a director of football though to take full control of our transfers from here on... Rafa has proven to be a complete failure in that department and i wouldn't want him wasting our January budget on more average players in positions we don't need..

Problem is Ace, Rafa would not accept that, he wants total control, that was one of the issues with Parry.

Think we sacked the wrong 'clown'  :p
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kawaton » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:17 pm

We have got more chance convincing feguson to be manager than we have MON.
There is no way he would leave villa, certainly not to join us
kawaton

Postby Owzat » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:30 pm

I'm not so sure, he must want a top job in England and villa won't ever be that (not in this lifetime anyway) He may hang on for the manc job, they may have designs on some portugese t wa t.

fergie wouldn't come here because he's been at our rivals for 23 years and they'd struggle to deal with it, just like nobhead neville will never play for us. MON has no great reason to hate us, their fans may not like him leaving but it wouldn't be as bad as fergie leaving the mancs for Liverpool. To be comparitive it would have to be MON leaving Celtic for Rangers
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kawaton » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:38 pm

I know ferguson would never join us, that was kinda my point.  i probably should of said Brian Clough to have been clearer.

Villa have a lot going for them...a lot more than us at the moment.
They have a decent chairman, who backs the manager, and they have a squad that is going places.

As a LFC fan, of course Liverpool looks more attractive to us.
But i doubt MON would see it that way.
Last edited by kawaton on Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kawaton

Postby Rockthekop » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:41 pm

Wouldn't it be better to replace Rafa now whilst there's still a chance of finishing 4th.  We are going backwards with no sign of improving.

Sure we don't know if that will get us 4th but I'm convinced that we will have a better chance to do that under someone else.

Purslow made a huge error giving Rafa a 5yr contract on the basis of challenging for the league title and finishing 2nd in one season out of five.  The end of this season was a more sensible option for a review.
Rockthekop

Postby kawaton » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:43 pm

And if we do want MON, waiting til the end of the season is a risk.  if we finish 8th, and villa 4th, he won't walk away from playing in the champions league with a squad he has built from nothing.
kawaton

Postby redbeergoggles » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:32 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Put this poll on a different site Mick and i think you would still find the one we have now in the lead, :;):

Isn't that the truth  :D
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby Fauxy » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:21 pm

The best person to sort out the club at this time would be Mourinho.

The most realistic though, would be Rijkaard. I cant believe the bloke just practically vanished  ???
Fauxy

Postby The Good Yank » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:23 pm

I voted for Capello, I think he'd be great after the World Cup.  I know Gerrard has alot of respect for him and I think he'd make a short turnaround of the way things have gone this season.

I would have voted Mourinho but I can't see him coming to LFC right now with the unstable financial situation and having a big ask to just make it into the Champions League.

I see Mark Hughes was included in the option list, good shout LOL.  I'm suprised you left out Gareth Southgate.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby teamleader1 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:38 pm

s@int wrote:I still feel that Kenny Dalglish could do a great job for us. I would give him till the end of the season to show what he can do. If he doesn't look like he is the answer I would then bring in Mourinho for next season. I don't think we would need to in all honesty though. Kennys the man, if anyone can .....Kenny can.

I feel he is the one person that will unite everyone, the fans the players the backroom staff .... maybe not the owners, but everyone else.

Good post  :D

I just want to see changes made when things aren't working on the pitch (before 65mins)

4-4-2 would be a joy to watch
Natural wingers
Forward passing
Go for the 2nd when we take the lead

Are these things to much to ask for?
:D
teamleader1

Postby Greavesie » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:41 pm

I quite like what Laurent Blanc's done a Bourdeux to be honest, if he could bring in Gourcuff with him it wouldnt go a miss. Realistically I don't think Moureen would come here

Lippi's a good shout as well IMO
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:15 pm

Michael Laudrup
maypaxvobiscum

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion