NESV - OUR NEW OWNERS - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby killerp » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:01 pm

Breaking news.....

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... outhampton

Not a joke!

"Sadio Mane is undergoing a medical at Liverpool, with the Anfield club having agreed a fee of £34m - rising to £36m - with Southampton.

A deal to sign Mane could be completed by midweek, making him the fifth player from St Mary's to join Liverpool in the last three seasons.

Sky Sports News HQ understands Liverpool will pay £34m up front, with a further £2m to be paid in performance-related add-ons."
killerp

Postby devaney » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:16 pm

Eds good to see the drum isn't worn out and banging out the same repetitive boring tune. Coutinho, Sturridge, Sakho and Suarez were all under 25 when they joined. There is plenty of quality in under 25's. You seem to think that we are in a position to simply get out the cheque book and buy the best and most expensive players in Europe. Well NEWSFLASH were not !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:38 pm

killerp » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:01 pm wrote:Breaking news.....

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... outhampton

Not a joke!

"Sadio Mane is undergoing a medical at Liverpool, with the Anfield club having agreed a fee of £34m - rising to £36m - with Southampton.

A deal to sign Mane could be completed by midweek, making him the fifth player from St Mary's to join Liverpool in the last three seasons.

Sky Sports News HQ understands Liverpool will pay £34m up front, with a further £2m to be paid in performance-related add-ons."

He seems like a decent and direct player. But his quality shines because he was playing for a mid table team. 34 million?? surely we could get better players, very good international players with this kind of money! But of course they wont have the long term value! They will be in their late 20's or early 30's. At 34 million Mane is going to be the 2nd most expensive Liverpool signing. I dont like this transfer policy at all...
Klopp is going to have his work cut out for him! And after 2 years (at most) without getting anywhere, hes gonna say bye bye...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:23 pm

Dev, you obviously missed my point again.

There is nothing wrong with buying under 25yo players.... in moderation. But when your whole strategy is that and you don't want to spend any money on anyone above that age there is something fundamentally wrong.

That's why why we haven't had a balanced side under FSG and struggled to win any silverware. The trend will continue under them and this concept will continue to fly over your head.

I find it hilariously ironic that you keep saying my constant arguments are boring, when all you keep doing is defending mediocrity. First with Rodgers and now with the owners. Mane for 34m?!? Get the f*ck out of here these cu.nt.s running our club are continually taking the pi.ss. First Carroll then Benteke and now this. Although to be fair I'm expecting Mane is more like Firminho than the other two flops.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby devaney » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:03 am

Eds it is no use whinging like a baby when it is virtually impossible to get the high profile players that you yearn for. We are a long way down the pecking order as a chosen destination for the galacticos of this world. That has been the case for a long time and it wouldn't necessarily change overnight even if we had CL football. Before Mané has even kicked a ball you choose  to mouth off and criticise the owners. One day you might just offer a solution rather than just pathetic criticism.You castigated the owners selling Suarez but you have never once stated how they could have avoided the inevitable.

Try and keep the toys in your pram until the end of next season and see exactly what JK achieves. You eulogised enthusiastically when the owners appointed Kloppo so ffs give the guy a chance. Two cup finals in his first season was quite an achievement and the owners also deserve some credit for that success.
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:03 am

Not just that mate but with our national heroes losing to Iceland there's no prestige in a move to the UK anyway. We're hardly buzzing because of our Euro victory with a 'bring on the world cup' feeling.....
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:15 am

Dev, I have never advocated for 'galaticos' and for us to spending stupid amounts of money to replicate what Real Faildrid and Barcelona do every year. So don't even go down that rabbit hole.

I have simply stated that we need to take a more balanced approach to player recruitment that doesn't involve a money first or re-sale value requirement on almost every transfer.

Which is what we have clearly done over the last few years under FSG.

Whether we are spending the odd 8-10m on someone like Coutinho or 34m on Mane, we are still sticking to a youth only strategy that does not work in this day and age.......

No other team (at our level) is doing what we are doing and there a clear reasons why. 

To add insult to injury, if any of players kick on (like Suarez), this club has no ambition or resolve to keep them.

Why? Because they think they can re-use the money and buy another group of 'talented' kids..............

And then you wonder why we can't keep hold off our best players  :laugh:

Wash, rinse, repeat  :no
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

eds

Postby devaney » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:49 am

You say almost all transfers and yet based on price or age Carroll, Benteke, Firmino, Lallana, Lovren, Sakho or Mané don't really fall into the buy cheap and sell high moneybag bracket. Personally I think the transfer committee have done an awful job but I certainly don't hold FSG responsible for some of their pitiful signings. Mike Gordon is the sole FSG representative on the committee and I accept he has a large input but can FSG really be blamed for the likes of Carroll and Benteke who are round pegs in square holes.

When we were winning everything back in the eighties we failed to persuade Rush to stay at Anfield. The game of monopoly will never change. The person who has the most money wins. Mayfair will always be a greater attraction than Pall Mall or Islington !!
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:32 pm

Player recruitment is probably the most important aspect of running a football club and we have come up woefully short in that department over recent years. The league doesn't lie.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby eds » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:03 am

Dev, why would you think a youth only policy involves players being bought for cheap and then selling for much higher price?

A youth only policy is exactly what I said you buy young players and take a risk based on the price you are paying for them, irrespective of what that will be Coutinho 8m or Mane 34m......

All the players you mentioned (bar Lallana) where under 25yo and we payed a premium to get them here. This is calculated risk, which Gordon and the transfer committee were appointed to undertake.

A much, much SMALLER financial risk than paying 20 or 30m for a player in his prime, late 20s (approaching 30). That's my main gripe. FSG have categorically refused to go down this path with ANY player. The only players over 25 (outside Lallana) have arrived as cheapies or free transfers under FSG.

That's why you have seen ridiculous money thrown at these younger type players. Mane is just another example of this, simply with a higher price tag.

Unfortunately this strategy has caused a massive in-balance in the squad when it comes to leadership, experience and stability. One of the main reasons we fell to pieces in the 2nd half in last year's UEFA Cup final.

eds

Postby C-R » Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:30 pm

A few papers and online sites are reporting that FSG have knocked back another bid for the club from China, this time a Chinese art dealer worth 2.5 billion named Liu Yiqian

Although FSG state the club is not for sale and have no intention of selling they are engaged in talks about bringing in strategic investment to to take Liverpool forward.

Source : Sunday Times

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:26 pm

There is a sense in the air that FSG will announce something big (investment) in the next 6-12 months...
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:30 am

Interesting.

We used to say that naming rights would pay for a new stadium however that's gone quiet and we've haven't booked that 100 million+.

Forget the mad Chinaman looking for publicity above, but it immediately made me link tieing Klopp done for 6 years and a serious investor coming in - it would be a prerequisite of any sensible investor.

So there probably's something on the horizon and Klopp was just one box being ticked. But what is it and what material benefit will it bring us? A new stadium - no. Money to throw around like Maureen - I hope not. A new academy - we have one.

FSG have done a good job - its the club management at Anfield who've been extremely wasteful with money in the past 10+ years so to be honest I don't really know what a new part owner would bring to the party. Klopp + sufficient money is all we need.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:11 am

Reg » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:30 am wrote:Interesting.

We used to say that naming rights would pay for a new stadium however that's gone quiet and we've haven't booked that 100 million+.

Forget the mad Chinaman looking for publicity above, but it immediately made me link tieing Klopp done for 6 years and a serious investor coming in - it would be a prerequisite of any sensible investor. This ^^^ is 100% correct. The owners have insured that their biggest assets are tied to the club for the foreseeable future.

So there probably's something on the horizon and Klopp was just one box being ticked. But what is it and what material benefit will it bring us? A new stadium - no. Money to throw around like Maureen - I hope not. A new academy - we have one.
The Academy is and interesting topic as it now seems that both JK and the previous management are putting forward the case that there needs to be a more direct link between the Academy and Melwood. I'm guessing that the current situation is a bit like 'out of sight out of mind' which may be the reason why a few of the youngsters have not had opportunities to further develop themselves amongst the 1st team.

FSG have done a good job - its the club management at Anfield who've been extremely wasteful with money in the past 10+ years so to be honest I don't really know what a new part owner would bring to the party. Klopp + sufficient money is all we need.

Again I completely agree with this. So many fans are quick to jump on the 'its the owners fault' bandwagon. However the money has been strategically placed and its the clubs employees that have been wasteful. But as we can see; day by day - one by one they are leaving. Remember IA will be gone this time next year...
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:51 am

johnbarnes » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:11 am wrote:
Reg » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:30 am wrote:Interesting.

Forget the mad Chinaman looking for publicity above, but it immediately made me link tieing Klopp done for 6 years and a serious investor coming in - it would be a prerequisite of any sensible investor. This ^^^ is 100% correct. The owners have insured that their biggest assets are tied to the club for the foreseeable future.

The Academy is and interesting topic as it now seems that both JK and the previous management are putting forward the case that there needs to be a more direct link between the Academy and Melwood. I'm guessing that the current situation is a bit like 'out of sight out of mind' which may be the reason why a few of the youngsters have not had opportunities to further develop themselves amongst the 1st team.

Again I completely agree with this. So many fans are quick to jump on the 'its the owners fault' bandwagon. However the money has been strategically placed and its the clubs employees that have been wasteful. But as we can see; day by day - one by one they are leaving. Remember IA will be gone this time next year...

Who are these club employees? The transfer committee was an extension of the owner's policy. It was a systemic failure not individuals'. I give the owners credit for alot of thing such as hiring Klopp, extension of the stadium, etc. but not for the transfer committee and the player recruiting policies.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion