NESV - OUR NEW OWNERS - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby parchpea » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:26 pm

If this is a genuine interest in a stake we should take it or someone else will and we will then be behind that club as well.

I know FSG own the club but its really not fair of them to put their ego before it and stand in the way of what could be a great new chapter for us, back in the big time again.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:30 pm

parchpea » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:26 pm wrote:If this is a genuine interest in a stake we should take it or someone else will and we will then be behind that club as well.

I know FSG own the club but its really not fair of them to put their ego before it and stand in the way of what could be a great new chapter for us, back in the big time again.

If true they would be idiots not to take it. 800 million is probably double what they have spent and to still own a share...
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:15 pm

parchpea » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:26 pm wrote:If this is a genuine interest in a stake we should take it or someone else will and we will then be behind that club as well.

Exactly, look at West Ham, based in London (plenty of corporate ££££, easy to attract players), brand new 60,000 stadium, loyal support, iconic club anthem etc etc.
If we don't take up the offer there are plenty of clubs well positioned to do so.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:37 pm

Henry and Werner may not want to get in bed with the Chinese or anyone else but I think its unfair of them to put that before the club, and if this is real that is exactly what they would be doing.

Questions need to be asked if they rip up offers and certainly if the reported wealth of Everbright is accurate.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby johnbarnes » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:59 pm

If FSG do not take up this offer or any other it will be because it is bad for the club.
Anything bad for the club is bad for business and FSG are not bad business people.
Frustrating as it is guys, the fairy godmother may not wave her wand at LFC...
----
In fact; if serious investment is to come LFC's way, it won't be solely down to the club -
But it will include longterm project investment within the city of Liverpool and Merseyside as a whole.
It's happened in London, It's happened in Manchester and I predict it will happen in Birmingham too... Just a matter of time.
---
LIVERPOOL isn't the most glamorous city to build a global project with. It's got potential and I hope it gets its investment, but I'm not holding my breathe and neither should LFC fans; It will only hurt more. We're just not that F&%KIN important anymore...
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:42 pm

How anybody can feel qualified to criticise FSG when they haven't got a clue about the terms of any offer is beyond my comprehension. FSG have done a lot commercially to increase the value of LFC. Why should they simply sell on their hard work to some Chinese parasite?
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:15 am

devaney » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:42 pm wrote:How anybody can feel qualified to criticise FSG when they haven't got a clue about the terms of any offer is beyond my comprehension. FSG have done a lot commercially to increase the value of LFC. Why should they simply sell on their hard work to some Chinese parasite?

Some people have very short memories. We don't know anything about these guys, yet half the forum want us to sell up!
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:58 am

Hilarious that half of you lot think that FSG give a flying f**k about our club and our own fortunes after they eventually sell us.

If there is a profit to be made, these leeches will milk our club for everything they can regardless of who they sell to.

We can do much, much worse than being owned by a dodgy Chinese investment firm being funded by a corrupt Chinese government.

I would take that any day over another Hicks / Gillett mark 2 partnership, all because they happen to appear as "honest Americans".......  :laugh:
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby devaney » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:12 am

Eds  Ffs stop letting your five year old son loose on this forum  !!!!!!!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:57 am

I've read a few stories going about and not sure how I feel about this. This is the direction football is going in tho, not an English owned club in sight with the premier league turning into a billionaires playground. We either evolve or get left behind, not sure I like it mind
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:11 am

Klopptomaniac » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:57 am wrote:I've read a few stories going about and not sure how I feel about this. This is the direction football is going in tho, not an English owned club in sight with the premier league turning into a billionaires playground. We either evolve or get left behind, not sure I like it mind

That's the way I see it too, FSG have done a lot of good things (especially deciding to stay at Anfield) but they don't have the resources of the likes of Abramovitch or Mansour. I had rather hoped that these mega rich owners would get bored after a few years but Abramovitch has been at Chelsea 13 years now and even City's owners are approaching a decade in charge there (2008-2016). It looks like these mega rich owners are here to stay unfortunately.
If we don't win the league this year it will have been 27 years since our last title win, that's a long time, unless you are approaching 40 you won't really remember us winning a trophy we once regarded as our bread and butter.
The sad thing is that as the season's roll by we are not getting closer, in fact if you look at our average finishing position over the years we are gradually getting further and further away, people often forget that Roy Evans never finished lower than 4th when he was in sole charge, it's just that only the top 2 qualified for the CL back then. These days we'd all celebrate if we finished 4th, where Roy got slagged off for finishing 3rd and 4th if Jurgen did it it would be seen as an achievement.
Speaking of the CL we have qualified for it once in the past 7 years and that was a wash out, who would bet against that stat being 1 in 8 at the end of this season?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:31 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:11 am wrote:
Klopptomaniac » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:57 am wrote:I've read a few stories going about and not sure how I feel about this. This is the direction football is going in tho, not an English owned club in sight with the premier league turning into a billionaires playground. We either evolve or get left behind, not sure I like it mind

That's the way I see it too, FSG have done a lot of good things (especially deciding to stay at Anfield) but they don't have the resources of the likes of Abramovitch or Mansour. I had rather hoped that these mega rich owners would get bored after a few years but Abramovitch has been at Chelsea 13 years now and even City's owners are approaching a decade in charge there (2008-2016). It looks like these mega rich owners are here to stay unfortunately.
If we don't win the league this year it will have been 27 years since our last title win, that's a long time, unless you are approaching 40 you won't really remember us winning a trophy we once regarded as our bread and butter.
The sad thing is that as the season's roll by we are not getting closer, in fact if you look at our average finishing position over the years we are gradually getting further and further away, people often forget that Roy Evans never finished lower than 4th when he was in sole charge, it's just that only the top 2 qualified for the CL back then. These days we'd all celebrate if we finished 4th, where Roy got slagged off for finishing 3rd and 4th if Jurgen did it it would be seen as an achievement.
Speaking of the CL we have qualified for it once in the past 7 years and that was a wash out, who would bet against that stat being 1 in 8 at the end of this season?

IMO it's a matter of time til the breakaways start happening. Not a clue in what format but it will happen eventually, the money dictates that
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby johnbarnes » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:54 am

Klopptomaniac » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:31 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:11 am wrote:

IMO it's a matter of time til the breakaways start happening. Not a clue in what format but it will happen eventually, the money dictates that

UEFA are already putting in place contingency plans in order to stave off a break-away European league. One of their proposals is too make provisions for teams with 'Historical Value' to compete in the CL - Only rumours, but where's there is smoke...
---
Financial Fair Play was never gonna work within a 'free society' so they are looking at other options.
Football is evolving and LFC will evolve with it... In what shape or form - who knows.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby johnbarnes » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:55 am

devaney » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:42 pm wrote:How anybody can feel qualified to criticise FSG when they haven't got a clue about the terms of any offer is beyond my comprehension. FSG have done a lot commercially to increase the value of LFC. Why should they simply sell on their hard work to some Chinese parasite?

Spot on! ^^^
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:17 pm

I hate that football is ruled by money but its been like it for the last 15 years and we are getting left behind big time. We have become a joke to other teams fans for being a properly run business and not a complete sell out. But what happens when we reject this offer? Will these billionaires invest in another premier league team and put us even futher behind financially?

I hate football at the moment and everything it stands for, but I love this club and want us to be successful again.

It really is a catch 22 situation.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion