NESV - OUR NEW OWNERS - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby johnbarnes » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:54 pm

eds » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:55 pm wrote:
devaney » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:54 am wrote:Penguins who are the best players that we have sold year after year that we could have actually stopped from leaving !! When Barca, Real Madrid and the likes of Man City show interest how do you actually prevent the deal from being done. If you have got the answer then I am sure LFC would like to know what it is. You have to face reality. We are not the LFC of the 70's and 80's. The vast majority of clubs are in exactly the same position as ourselves except for the handful of the super rich.

Surely the cheapest options would have been not to extend Anfield's main stand which would have cost nothing !! SAVING £115m

Surely the cheapest option would have been not to replace Torres with a £35m player. Purchasing a kid with potential could have saved them approximately £30m !! SAVING £30M

Surely getting a far cheaper option than Klopp could have saved them £10m over 5 years as a minimum.  SAVING £10m

There you go I'm up to nearly £155m saving that could simply have remained in the bank !! SAVING £155m   

Personally I think that FSG deserve a lot more credit than they are given. Whatever they do in the eyes of some supporters is wrong !!  Of course they are investing to develop the club and improve it's value. They are businessmen at the end of the day. People say they bought the club on the cheap. Maybe that is true but I don't ever remember LFC having to fend off potential suitors with a batten !! If they were as useless as you suggest would they still be here today? I accept that several of the transfer committees purchases have been poor but that certainly hasn't simply been down to the owners and that is where my criticism stops.

Didn't Moores sell out to H & G for a slightly better offer and personal gain. Now if you want to have a go at somebody then there is a good place to start.

SAVINGS.....blah blah blah.......SAVINGS......blah blah blah.....SAVINGS...........blah blah blah.....PROFITS.....

For once answer the underlying question posed.

Where exactly are we headed under FSG on the field? The last six years (bar one) have been abysmal and it ain't getting any better.

No ducking, dodging and weaving your way out of it. Which you seem to be a master of when it comes to this.
Do you honestly think things will pick up with them here? If so, how?

The first step (which FSG recognised) was to appointment a world class manager.
THEY HAVE DONE SO...
The rest is down to US, THE LFC FANS to NOW TRUST the club, its manager AND the players to move us forward.
If there is anything else we can do as fans (a part from whine) then share and enlighten us...
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:59 pm

kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:04 pm

devaney » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:54 am wrote:Penguins who are the best players that we have sold year after year that we could have actually stopped from leaving !! When Barca, Real Madrid and the likes of Man City show interest how do you actually prevent the deal from being done. If you have got the answer then I am sure LFC would like to know what it is. You have to face reality. We are not the LFC of the 70's and 80's. The vast majority of clubs are in exactly the same position as ourselves except for the handful of the super rich.

Surely the cheapest options would have been not to extend Anfield's main stand which would have cost nothing !! SAVING £115m

Surely the cheapest option would have been not to replace Torres with a £35m player. Purchasing a kid with potential could have saved them approximately £30m !! SAVING £30M

Surely getting a far cheaper option than Klopp could have saved them £10m over 5 years as a minimum.  SAVING £10m

There you go I'm up to nearly £155m saving that could simply have remained in the bank !! SAVING £155m   

Personally I think that FSG deserve a lot more credit than they are given. Whatever they do in the eyes of some supporters is wrong !!  Of course they are investing to develop the club and improve it's value. They are businessmen at the end of the day. People say they bought the club on the cheap. Maybe that is true but I don't ever remember LFC having to fend off potential suitors with a batten !! If they were as useless as you suggest would they still be here today? I accept that several of the transfer committees purchases have been poor but that certainly hasn't simply been down to the owners and that is where my criticism stops.

Didn't Moores sell out to H & G for a slightly better offer and personal gain. Now if you want to have a go at somebody then there is a good place to start.

Ok, let's see.
Extending the stadium was the best to do since it cost the least money while still trying to prop up the value of the club. Building a new stadium, which for me was still the best long term solution for the club, would cost too much and not give back enough in a potential sale while extending Anfield would not cost too much and still make the club more attractive.

Ok, they sell Torres for 50 and buy someone for 15 million less. Sure, they could just spend nothing but that would kill any club if the owners kept all the money they gained from player sales.
The fact is the sold one of the stars of the team and made a profit, something they have done again and again, hurting the team over and over again, which is what matters, really.....

Ok, so after cheapskating it for years with a relative unknown in Rodgers, failing badly(which was written on the wall before he was signed) they FINALLY after 5 years at the helm get in a capable manager. WOW!
And so with that capable manager, what have they done to back him????
Hmm, not a penny in January and there is absolutely no signs that the "successful" moneyball strategy will be abandoned.

FSG does not deserve to get a get out of jail free card cause they bought us on the cheap from two con men!
They bought us for that reason only! The club was cheap and they are looking to make a buck, let us all bow down to our saviours....

I am not going to argue that Moores was a selfish fool for selling us down the drain but that has nothing to do with FSG.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:18 pm

Well, for starters they have to have a f**** clue how to run a successful club. FSG are absolute ***** at that. I don't give them a get out of jail free card cause they "saved" us or cause they took the cheapest option and extended Anfield instead of a new stadium. From day 1 they have taken the cheapest option in any decision or the one they thought would give more money down the road. They have taken their baseball theories "moneyball" and tried to apply on football and it's failed miserably. Have they learned anything? Of all the managers we have had they pick Rodgers as their 1st. Why? Once again MONEY MONEY MONEY as in they don't want to pay any. Under them we have cemented ourselves as a selling club selling the best players year after year.American owners are always looking at the bottom line before anything else as they have no affinity whatsoever for football. How often are they over and watch a game? That is all you need to know.[/quote]

The flip side:
150M interest free loan to the club to expand ANFIELD (not your average football stadium)
Over 200m into playing staff
Respected the 96 and its struggle
Sacked previous management staff for their failings
Installed a world class manager on a high end income
Taken LFC to 4 major finals
---
MONEY MONEY MONEY is EVERYTHING in the world of business!
If FSG had deep packets and refused to invest in LFC, then your opinion would carry more weight.
As it stands, FSG are millionaires competing in a billionaires world.
---
If blame is to laid anywhere. Why not blame Tweedle Dee and Dumb for hiring a known Chel$ki fan to sell our club.
Alarm bells should have rang back then...
[/quote]

They own they freaking club, how merciful of them to not add interest on a loan to their own club....
And that interest free LOAN means that the owners just bake that into the selling price of the club.
Ok, over 200 million into playing staff.... and sold Torres, Suarez and Sterling for almost 200....
And ***** away that money on moneyball signings, young prospects. Yay....
Any owner not respecting the 96 should be feathered and tared.
So they sacked previous management for their failings? Who made the horrible mistake of hiring them???
Installed a world class manager... yes. And backing him or changing the transfer policy ... no..., making the appointment weird to say the least.
So you get a trophy for those finals? And what about the bread and butter? Averaging around 6th over the years making it to the CL once....
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:23 pm

£50m for a way past his best Torres,  and his record at Chelsea went on to confirm that fact, was actually a good piece of business. Spending £35m on Carroll in FSG's resolve to demonstrate their committment to the club was where it all went wrong.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:59 pm

But at the time we didn't know that. Torres was a great player for us and sold him when Chelski came in with a big fat check.
Trying to alter history afterwards cause Torres was poor for Chelski is not swaying my argument.
As soon as FSG can cash in, they cash in. Then they ***** away the money on young players(like Caroll) hoping for a high resale value.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:55 pm

Penguins » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:59 pm wrote:But at the time we didn't know that. Torres was a great player for us and sold him when Chelski came in with a big fat check.
Trying to alter history afterwards cause Torres was poor for Chelski is not swaying my argument.
As soon as FSG can cash in, they cash in. Then they ***** away the money on young players(like Caroll) hoping for a high resale value.

Torres was sh1t in his final year sulking around every match because he did not want to play for us any more. He wanted to leave and was sold for more than his worth.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:49 pm

They are brilliant PR people, far as I know the Anfield development is being paid out of an FSG loan that the club will have to pay back to them, certainly not a gift.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:55 pm

kazza » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:55 pm wrote:
Penguins » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:59 pm wrote:But at the time we didn't know that. Torres was a great player for us and sold him when Chelski came in with a big fat check.

Torres was sh1t in his final year sulking around every match because he did not want to play for us any more. He wanted to leave and was sold for more than his worth.

Yes, he wanted to leave. And so did Suarez. And so did Sterling. Why?? Cause the owners refused to build a winning 11 surrounding them with quality players to play with.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:59 pm

parchpea » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:49 pm wrote:They are brilliant PR people, far as I know the Anfield development is being paid out of an FSG loan that the club will have to pay back to them, certainly not a gift.

You don't say.... They "saved" the club as it would just have disappeared if FSG hadn't bought it at the lowest price possible. It was all about saving the club and not seeing $$$ looking to sell at a profit....
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:32 am

parchpea » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:49 am wrote:They are brilliant PR people, far as I know the Anfield development is being paid out of an FSG loan that the club will have to pay back to them, certainly not a gift.

It's not a gift! Bl**dy yanks didn't give us 120 million!!   :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

What freakin' dream world do you people live in?  Do you still believe in the tooth fairy and father christmas as well?   :lookaround
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:23 am

Mate Torres was awful for the 18 months before he left. I think  you are swaying the argument with a touch of amnesia !!  :;):
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby johnbarnes » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:09 am

Penguins » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:18 pm wrote:Well, for starters they have to have a f**** clue how to run a successful club. FSG are absolute ***** at that. I don't give them a get out of jail free card cause they "saved" us or cause they took the cheapest option and extended Anfield instead of a new stadium. From day 1 they have taken the cheapest option in any decision or the one they thought would give more money down the road. They have taken their baseball theories "moneyball" and tried to apply on football and it's failed miserably. Have they learned anything? Of all the managers we have had they pick Rodgers as their 1st. Why? Once again MONEY MONEY MONEY as in they don't want to pay any. Under them we have cemented ourselves as a selling club selling the best players year after year.American owners are always looking at the bottom line before anything else as they have no affinity whatsoever for football. How often are they over and watch a game? That is all you need to know.

The flip side:
150M interest free loan to the club to expand ANFIELD (not your average football stadium)
Over 200m into playing staff
Respected the 96 and its struggle
Sacked previous management staff for their failings
Installed a world class manager on a high end income
Taken LFC to 4 major finals
---
MONEY MONEY MONEY is EVERYTHING in the world of business!
If FSG had deep packets and refused to invest in LFC, then your opinion would carry more weight.
As it stands, FSG are millionaires competing in a billionaires world.
---
If blame is to laid anywhere. Why not blame Tweedle Dee and Dumb for hiring a known Chel$ki fan to sell our club.
Alarm bells should have rang back then...
[/quote]

They own they freaking club, how merciful of them to not add interest on a loan to their own club....
And that interest free LOAN means that the owners just bake that into the selling price of the club.
Ok, over 200 million into playing staff.... and sold Torres, Suarez and Sterling for almost 200....
And ***** away that money on moneyball signings, young prospects. Yay....
Any owner not respecting the 96 should be feathered and tared.
So they sacked previous management for their failings? Who made the horrible mistake of hiring them???
Installed a world class manager... yes. And backing him or changing the transfer policy ... no..., making the appointment weird to say the least.
So you get a trophy for those finals? And what about the bread and butter? Averaging around 6th over the years making it to the CL once....[/quote]

To help you have perspective, think of LFC as your house (or the place you live)
1. You have to decide if you are going to rent or buy
2. You have to logistically move
3. Decide whether or not the house will be re-decorated or not. This may be a financial decision
4. Decide whether the garden is suitably ok for your family, if not - this will be an added financial cost
5. Lighting - Does your house have the right fixing / light bulbs? If not then this too is an added cost.
6. Move in. Can you do this by yourself or do you need to hire a moving service? Again additional cost can occur
---
OK - So you and your family have now moved into your new house.
What's the next step?
Turn your house into a home - This again will incur costs...
Then you have all your weekly outgoing / bills!
---
Whether you like it or not maintaining a home is a ongoing costly reality!
---
FSG are building an expansion to our house. A house that we can feel proud to live in and call home!
This is taking $$$$ out of their pocket that could have been used on player recruitment - which is frustrating but a reality - But a mature decision taken by mature business people.
---
I'm fine if you want to continue to hold your one-sided view, but you will be a whole lot more content in accepting the whole truth rather than just your own truth.
---
Football is a game, but the reality of football is far greater than just a game...
I wonder who taught us this?
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:30 am

They aren't exactly taking money out of their own pockets....
That expansion will be paid by the next owners, trust me...

The fact is we will get another midtable finish next season as things stands.
I haven't seen any real progress on the field during their entire tenure!

Which is the worst spell in club history. At least the past 50 years.
I am frustrated cause I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel. FSG will go on with their moneyball. I know americans.
Money comes 1st, 2nd and 3rd. They don't give flying **** about "soccer" and only about the $$$ and how to maximize profits.
I still haven't seen an american owner put their own money into a club and genuinely care and show interest in the football club they own.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby johnbarnes » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:54 am

Penguins » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:30 am wrote:They aren't exactly taking money out of their own pockets....
That expansion will be paid by the next owners, trust me...
That may be so. But this is just good basic business practice. Again think of being a house owner.
You invest 150K in buying a house and start paying off the mortgage.
later you decide to move because your house is now worth 190K. It's that basic.
What you decide to do with the profit you earned is completely up to you and no-one else.

The fact is we will get another midtable finish next season as things stands.
I haven't seen any real progress on the field during their entire tenure!
Again you may be right.
But ask yourself; Do you support LFC to see us only win. Or do you support LFC because the great love, hope and glorious desire we all have for her?
Our dreams will be tossed and blown... But we walk on!

Which is the worst spell in club history. At least the past 50 years.
50 years, yet LFC is over 100 years. What about the 50 years before the 50 years. You can go on forever with this type of thinking. All that matters is the here and NOW. This is what JK is trying to get through to us. Do you think JK went berserk when Milner got stuck in with a great tackle because he's a nut-case? or do you think he is trying to remind us all that the game we love is about being as good as your last game? To live and breathe the moments we live; today... and not in the past.
I am frustrated cause I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel. FSG will go on with their moneyball. I know americans.
We are all frustrated and share YOUR frustration; that's what makes us fans. I know American too - They are not all A-Holes!
Money comes 1st, 2nd and 3rd. They don't give flying **** about "soccer" and only about the $$$ and how to maximize profits.
I still haven't seen an american owner put their own money into a club and genuinely care and show interest in the football club they own.

OK. Do you compare FSG to Randy Learner?
If so, how so?
Or do you think they have done a better job with LFC than what Learner did with (a European cup winning club) Villa?
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion