NESV - OUR NEW OWNERS - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby devaney » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:06 pm

kazza » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:06 am wrote:
7_Kewell » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:57 pm wrote:There' s no way I'd want random Chinese-owners anywhere near our club. Even less so 'state backed'....I mean, really? Does anyone think they'd have our club's best interests at heart?

This

Fk no !!!!!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:55 pm

That is true, but in what way have american owners shown to have the clubs best interest at heart?
Practically no american owner has even been great owners for any club!
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby johnbarnes » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:27 pm

Penguins » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:55 pm wrote:That is true, but in what way have american owners shown to have the clubs best interest at heart?

Define great?
Do Chel$ki or Man $hitie have great owners? IMO no - But they are mega rich.
Barca, RM, Bayern all seem to have structures that work for them. Perhaps in time FSG will work out the best structure for us...
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:35 pm

johnbarnes » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:27 pm wrote:
Penguins » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:55 pm wrote:That is true, but in what way have american owners shown to have the clubs best interest at heart?

Define great?
Barca, RM, Bayern all seem to have structures that work for them. Perhaps in time FSG will work out the best structure for us...

FSG have been an absolute godsend in terms of saving us from H+G, deciding to stay at Anfield, redeveloping the stadium etc but it does have to be said we have gone backwards on the pitch.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:57 am

Rock solid off the field Yakka but as you say, no progress on it. Hopefully Herr Klopp is on his way to changing that.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:07 am

Define great?

Well, for starters they have to have a f**** clue how to run a successful club. FSG are absolute ***** at that. I don't give them a get out of jail free card cause they "saved" us or cause they took the cheapest option and extended Anfield instead of a new stadium. From day 1 they have taken the cheapest option in any decision or the one they thought would give more money down the road. They have taken their baseball theories "moneyball" and tried to apply on football and it's failed miserably. Have they learned anything? Of all the managers we have had they pick Rodgers as their 1st. Why? Once again MONEY MONEY MONEY as in they don't want to pay any. Under them we have cemented ourselves as a selling club selling the best players year after year.American owners are always looking at the bottom line before anything else as they have no affinity whatsoever for football. How often are they over and watch a game? That is all you need to know.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:54 am

Penguins who are the best players that we have sold year after year that we could have actually stopped from leaving !! When Barca, Real Madrid and the likes of Man City show interest how do you actually prevent the deal from being done. If you have got the answer then I am sure LFC would like to know what it is. You have to face reality. We are not the LFC of the 70's and 80's. The vast majority of clubs are in exactly the same position as ourselves except for the handful of the super rich.

Surely the cheapest options would have been not to extend Anfield's main stand which would have cost nothing !! SAVING £115m

Surely the cheapest option would have been not to replace Torres with a £35m player. Purchasing a kid with potential could have saved them approximately £30m !! SAVING £30M

Surely getting a far cheaper option than Klopp could have saved them £10m over 5 years as a minimum.  SAVING £10m

There you go I'm up to nearly £155m saving that could simply have remained in the bank !! SAVING £155m   

Personally I think that FSG deserve a lot more credit than they are given. Whatever they do in the eyes of some supporters is wrong !!  Of course they are investing to develop the club and improve it's value. They are businessmen at the end of the day. People say they bought the club on the cheap. Maybe that is true but I don't ever remember LFC having to fend off potential suitors with a batten !! If they were as useless as you suggest would they still be here today? I accept that several of the transfer committees purchases have been poor but that certainly hasn't simply been down to the owners and that is where my criticism stops.

Didn't Moores sell out to H & G for a slightly better offer and personal gain. Now if you want to have a go at somebody then there is a good place to start.
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby leeroy74 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:37 am

^^^^

then there's the fact that we were about 3 days away from having no club at all.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:50 am

Whatever the reasons the bottom line is that on the field of play we are going backwards, last season's 8th place finish was not a blip, in fact going by our form over the last 7 or 8 years it was pretty much par for the course.
The club needs to do something to arrest this slide because like it or not we are drifting towards mid table obscurity.
We may not like it but most nuetrals would place us firmly behind the likes of City, Chelsea, United, Arsenal and Spurs in the pecking order and one or two may even argue that Leicester deserve to be ahead of us as well given they are champions.
What are the club going to do? Are they ambivalent about all this? Do they even care? I guess we'll find out as the summer rolls on.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby eds » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:51 pm

leeroy74 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:37 am wrote:^^^^

then there's the fact that we were about 3 days away from having no club at all.

There is also the fact that this club has done fkn all on the pitch under FSG and it doesn't appear to change any time soon......
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby eds » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:55 pm

devaney » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:54 am wrote:Penguins who are the best players that we have sold year after year that we could have actually stopped from leaving !! When Barca, Real Madrid and the likes of Man City show interest how do you actually prevent the deal from being done. If you have got the answer then I am sure LFC would like to know what it is. You have to face reality. We are not the LFC of the 70's and 80's. The vast majority of clubs are in exactly the same position as ourselves except for the handful of the super rich.

Surely the cheapest options would have been not to extend Anfield's main stand which would have cost nothing !! SAVING £115m

Surely the cheapest option would have been not to replace Torres with a £35m player. Purchasing a kid with potential could have saved them approximately £30m !! SAVING £30M

Surely getting a far cheaper option than Klopp could have saved them £10m over 5 years as a minimum.  SAVING £10m

There you go I'm up to nearly £155m saving that could simply have remained in the bank !! SAVING £155m   

Personally I think that FSG deserve a lot more credit than they are given. Whatever they do in the eyes of some supporters is wrong !!  Of course they are investing to develop the club and improve it's value. They are businessmen at the end of the day. People say they bought the club on the cheap. Maybe that is true but I don't ever remember LFC having to fend off potential suitors with a batten !! If they were as useless as you suggest would they still be here today? I accept that several of the transfer committees purchases have been poor but that certainly hasn't simply been down to the owners and that is where my criticism stops.

Didn't Moores sell out to H & G for a slightly better offer and personal gain. Now if you want to have a go at somebody then there is a good place to start.

SAVINGS.....blah blah blah.......SAVINGS......blah blah blah.....SAVINGS...........blah blah blah.....PROFITS.....

For once answer the underlying question posed.

Where exactly are we headed under FSG on the field? The last six years (bar one) have been abysmal and it ain't getting any better.

No ducking, dodging and weaving your way out of it. Which you seem to be a master of when it comes to this.
Do you honestly think things will pick up with them here? If so, how?
Last edited by eds on Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

eds

Postby eds » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:00 pm

Keep up the good fight Yakka and Penguins.

Yet to hear a solid argument on what FSG are doing to make this club competitive on the field.

We are sick of hearing the same dross.

But they saved us from bankruptcy....
But that we are now turning a profit....
The redevelopment of Anfield.......

None if it addresses why we follow this football club at the end of the day. We want to see results and improvement. After 6 years we are even further away then when they took over.

eds

Postby devaney » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:37 pm

Eds yer miserable git ( term of endearment!!  :laugh: ) how did we get to two cup finals and beat some top flight teams on the way with no improvement ???
Last edited by devaney on Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby johnbarnes » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:44 pm

Penguins » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:07 am wrote:

Define great?

Well, for starters they have to have a f**** clue how to run a successful club. FSG are absolute ***** at that. I don't give them a get out of jail free card cause they "saved" us or cause they took the cheapest option and extended Anfield instead of a new stadium. From day 1 they have taken the cheapest option in any decision or the one they thought would give more money down the road. They have taken their baseball theories "moneyball" and tried to apply on football and it's failed miserably. Have they learned anything? Of all the managers we have had they pick Rodgers as their 1st. Why? Once again MONEY MONEY MONEY as in they don't want to pay any. Under them we have cemented ourselves as a selling club selling the best players year after year.American owners are always looking at the bottom line before anything else as they have no affinity whatsoever for football. How often are they over and watch a game? That is all you need to know.

The flip side:
150M interest free loan to the club to expand ANFIELD (not your average football stadium)
Over 200m into playing staff
Respected the 96 and its struggle
Sacked previous management staff for their failings
Installed a world class manager on a high end income
Taken LFC to 4 major finals
---
MONEY MONEY MONEY is EVERYTHING in the world of business!
If FSG had deep packets and refused to invest in LFC, then your opinion would carry more weight.
As it stands, FSG are millionaires competing in a billionaires world.
---
If blame is to laid anywhere. Why not blame Tweedle Dee and Dumb for hiring a known Chel$ki fan to sell our club.
Alarm bells should have rang back then...
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby johnbarnes » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:48 pm

devaney » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:54 am wrote:Penguins who are the best players that we have sold year after year that we could have actually stopped from leaving !! When Barca, Real Madrid and the likes of Man City show interest how do you actually prevent the deal from being done. If you have got the answer then I am sure LFC would like to know what it is. You have to face reality. We are not the LFC of the 70's and 80's. The vast majority of clubs are in exactly the same position as ourselves except for the handful of the super rich.

^^^ 100% agree
The Moores dynasty has a lot to answer for and we (LFC) let them off the hook...
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion