NESV - OUR NEW OWNERS - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Klopptomaniac » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:58 pm

UEFA are already putting in place contingency plans in order to stave off a break-away European league. One of their proposals is too make provisions for teams with 'Historical Value' to compete in the CL - Only rumours, but where's there is smoke...
---
Financial Fair Play was never gonna work within a 'free society' so they are looking at other options.
Football is evolving and LFC will evolve with it... In what shape or form - who knows.
[/quote]

The wealth of the clubs can't be controlled. UEFA needs the clubs not the other way around. Putting things in place to prevent a breakaway is appeasing to the wealth and letting them dictate how it's run - that's not a sport at all. This is a business first, sport second. I miss the good old days when football was about winning, where arguments weren't had over net spends and club accounts
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby johnbarnes » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:53 pm

Klopptomaniac » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:58 pm wrote:UEFA are already putting in place contingency plans in order to stave off a break-away European league. One of their proposals is too make provisions for teams with 'Historical Value' to compete in the CL - Only rumours, but where's there is smoke...
---
Financial Fair Play was never gonna work within a 'free society' so they are looking at other options.
Football is evolving and LFC will evolve with it... In what shape or form - who knows.

The wealth of the clubs can't be controlled. UEFA needs the clubs not the other way around. Putting things in place to prevent a breakaway is appeasing to the wealth and letting them dictate how it's run - that's not a sport at all. This is a business first, sport second. I miss the good old days when football was about winning, where arguments weren't had over net spends and club accounts[/quote]

Couldn't agree with you more!  :nod
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:55 pm

Interesting....

Everbright is not the only Chinese group looking at investing in LFC, LFC have attracted interest from Fosun, Dalian Wanda & more. LFC list of admirers suggest Chinese groups could still be in the wings with the potential to change the dynamics of Euro football. FSG, want a valuation of 780M pounds ($1.02 billion) and had been looking for a while to sell a minority stake in #LFC.   (Reuters)

Full article, well worth a read and Reuters are very well trusted on the financial side of news reporting

http://www.reuters.com/article/soccer-e ... SL3N1B31UM
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:42 pm

I don't think FSG will sell the club. They might sell a stake for a huge sum, but I'd be shocked if they would sell up.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:09 pm

7_Kewell » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:42 pm wrote:I don't think FSG will sell the club. They might sell a stake for a huge sum, but I'd be shocked if they would sell up.

Money talks. Don't bet against it...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby C-R » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:29 pm

Well somebody is telling porkies....

China Everbright denying all knowledge of this deal

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/china-everbrig ... id-1577494
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:50 am

Well if a Chinaman says it's porkies then they're obviously telling the truth aren't they?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:04 am

Reg » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:50 am wrote:Well if a Chinaman says it's porkies then they're obviously telling the truth aren't they?

ahhh got it now thanks, perfectly clear cheers
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:30 pm

Rafa Honigstein now reporting stake interest from China firming up a week of similair articles.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:45 pm

I know investment rumours are hard to take after a lot of dissappointment but more bits dripping through on social media tonight that something may be on with the Chinese, I for one hope so on the proviso money will be pumped in to compete for the top players and maintain that level of commitment on the field going forward.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:20 pm

With sign of no in transfer  activity only more outs you wonder if the decks are being cleared for investment, books are clean and in good order.

Apart from pure greed and appalling planning why else would we do nothing to improve a clearly defunct squad.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:38 pm

parchpea » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:20 am wrote:With sign of no in transfer  activity only more outs you wonder if the decks are being cleared for investment, books are clean and in good order.

Apart from pure greed and appalling planning why else would we do nothing to improve a clearly defunct squad.

Because Klopp is more interested in installing his playing mentality with the players he has?  ???

We are short in numbers, but if Klopp is happy then I trust him. Only results will paint the full picture.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:00 pm

This has legs for sure, Bloomberg are now reporting it...

BREAKING:

Everbright are interested in buying a stake in Liverpool FC and they value Liverpool at £1 billion pounds with Liverpool being ranked ninth by annual revenue in Deloitte’s Football Money League in January.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/ ... -valuation
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:41 pm

Thanks for the heads up mate, very interesting.
Would there be any real change in the status quo if this Everbright is only buying a modest stake in the club though? im not that clued up on business matters tbh and genuinely don't know how all this majority/minority stakeholding malarkey works.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby metalhead » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:24 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:41 pm wrote:Thanks for the heads up mate, very interesting.
Would there be any real change in the status quo if this Everbright is only buying a modest stake in the club though? im not that clued up on business matters tbh and genuinely don't know how all this majority/minority stakeholding malarkey works.

majority/minority stake would give the Chinese the opportunity to broaden their scope in Asia, especially you've got a huge fan base of liverpool fans over there. This is likely why FSG are willing to give up some of their shares, if it helps them break into untapped market.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion