A little more patience and respect?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Homebooby » Sun Aug 08, 2004 8:07 pm

Evening all,

Just catching up on all the threads re:Murphy and new signings after just seeing the news on BBC online.

One thing that has struck me in a lot of the Murphy related threads is the tone and conduct of many of the advanced members of the board. Forgive my being judgemental, especially from my newbie position, but a lot of the reactions to the rumours of Murphy being sold were met with much venom and disdain....worse so in many cases than the posts that you are all objecting to by Hustlers Revenge and the like. Usually most members are incredibly respectful in their posting and all people complaining about Hustler (almost everyone apart from him :) ) should lead by example.

The reactions that I have read seem to be born of fear, of the unknown and one thing we can all be certain of....is Rafa has knocked us all for a loop. We haven't a clue what he is up to....and I for one am wetting my pants in anticipation.

Success...is not far away.

Here's to a great season everyone.
Homebooby

Postby reaps » Sun Aug 08, 2004 8:41 pm

As much as I respect Murphy for his stunning performances against manure over the years he just hasn't done enough to justify a place in the squad and is only really a cover player. I would rather see john welsh getting a run in the team at least he's a good prospect for the future.
reaps

Postby fivecups » Sun Aug 08, 2004 9:08 pm

Disagree entirely. I think he's got plenty of ability. He can pass, score a reasonable number of goals, take free kicks and penalties. He was commited to Liverpool and he was a calm and experienced player who could have kept some continuity with all the current changes in the squad.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Voices from Yates » Sun Aug 08, 2004 9:45 pm

The deal seems to be, "who the replacement".
I cannot believe RB is getting rid of Murphy, without having a prior arrangemnt for a strong midfielder coming in.
If not, then he's a nutta, .
So who is it?
RB has surprised everyone, so hopefully we will be happily surprised with his new  choice.This type of ruthlessness is very compelling. The other players will surely be aware that LFC won’t hold on to players, no matter how loyal they’ve been in the past
:p
Go Red or go home
Voices from Yates

Postby banana » Sun Aug 08, 2004 9:56 pm

Josemi is a fantastic signing. He can play RB and CD. He looks really fresh. He is quick , strong and comfortable on the ball. And he was signed at half price to what Notts F wanted for their unproven nationwide defender, and some guys in here wanted us to buy.  During the next few days Benitez will unveil one or two new signings. This is going to be a interesting week after all.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby supersub » Sun Aug 08, 2004 10:30 pm

there must be some transfer activity this week,or else we will be kicking off with a very depleted squad.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Dalglish » Mon Aug 09, 2004 1:18 am

Homebooby wrote:Evening all,

Just catching up on all the threads re:Murphy and new signings after just seeing the news on BBC online.

One thing that has struck me in a lot of the Murphy related threads is the tone and conduct of many of the advanced members of the board. Forgive my being judgemental, especially from my newbie position, but a lot of the reactions to the rumours of Murphy being sold were met with much venom and disdain....worse so in many cases than the posts that you are all objecting to by Hustlers Revenge and the like. Usually most members are incredibly respectful in their posting and all people complaining about Hustler (almost everyone apart from him :) ) should lead by example.

The reactions that I have read seem to be born of fear, of the unknown and one thing we can all be certain of....is Rafa has knocked us all for a loop. We haven't a clue what he is up to....and I for one am wetting my pants in anticipation.

Success...is not far away.

Here's to a great season everyone.

Very well thought out post and I agree with the observations.

This tone and attitude towards players who are leaving our club is spreading and I'm disappointed we can't afford Murphy a little respect after the way he has served this club over 7 years  ???

I wish Danny well in his future career and hope he gains a little more appreciation at Spurs than many at LFC were prepared to give him .....
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Aug 09, 2004 1:21 am

supersub wrote:there must be some transfer activity this week,or else we will be kicking off with a very depleted squad.

agree, our midfield consists now of Diao, Biscan, Gerrard, Kewell and Hamann.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:44 am

Murphy should be respected because he is no Diouf. I think Murphy gave everything he got and left it on the pitch. He is a talented player but just lack consistency sometimes. But I think if anyone of you wants to criticize a LFC player, there are many comes before Murphy. Just want to say good luck to him.
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby azriahmad » Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:58 am

I said it before, and am repeating myself here. Murphy has been a very hardworking player for us. Is he were to go, I would like to thank him for his committed services/effort ans especially for his goals which helped us beat the mancs a couple of seasons ago. I wish him the best of luck in his future career.

If it came to Rafa selling him to part finance other purchases, I would agree with him as he is the man in charge and has proven that he is not a fool with 2 Primera Liga titles to show for. He likes to do his work quietly with out much fuss.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby begintoend » Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:56 am

I am no manager. BUt having Murphy as a squad player will be a better option. I think....

He is the creative midfielder we have since Smicer(injured), Le Tallec(loaned), and those old warriors Jari Lit and Gary Mac.

The league starts next week. Respect for Murphy's services is indeed given as he has gave some inspiring performances.

Patience? or Anxiety?
begintoend
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Homebooby » Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:27 pm

I think most of you have missed my point entirely. I wasn't referring to any of the players to be perfectly honest. I was referring to the tone used on the boards towards each other.

I have been reading for a few weeks now and seem to come across regular abuse in the direction of Hustlers Revenge for his tone and yet when people posted rumours of Murphy going, they were met with huge amounts of hostility and abuse. The posters were even told to stay off the boards.

All this based on a rumour that is now proved to be true. Sadly, the majority of accusations and abuse came from advanced and senior members of the board, which is what led me to comment. Advanced/Senior doesn't necessarily mean better.

Surely the boards are intended for the spreading of rumours and information and that is all that happened here. Unlike a lot of the things posted here so far, it wasn't just opinion, or hot air....it stood up.
Homebooby

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:48 pm

During the next few days Benitez will unveil one or two new signings

How do you know? Do you work on the board for LFC?
Oh, it's just speculation or 'a wild stab in the dark' is it? Who knows whats going to happen this week? Rafa does, LFC board does and lets face it, it's fu*K all to do with anybody else.

Don't keep yourselves awake at night wondering whos gonna be the new signing. Don't beat your self into a panic by saying 'We must sign someone this week or else we're doomed!'
Turn up (or tune in) saturday and watch Liverpool play football and enjoy it.

And above all, have faith, be patient & all will become apparent.

ah, think calming thoughts......
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:59 pm

Murphy is not the worst player to wear the Liverpool shirt.

Wasn't fantastic either, but he played his part.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby who the hell is diarra » Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:24 pm

Danny goes with my best wishes as he was a good servant of the club , and he always scores past the mancs :) .The money will come in handy to go toward and more transfers as we don't have a bottomless pit of money, and some people seem to have forgotten we have just broken our transfer record by 2million by signing Cisse. :p :laugh:
Always Look on the bright side of life
der der ........der der der der der

Drummerphil You'll never walk alone
who the hell is diarra
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion