More embarrassing houllier nonsense!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Stan Laurel » Wed Mar 17, 2004 1:01 pm

http://www.football365.com/news/story_103922.shtml

Talk about people in glasshouse throwing stones. Why does he say I'm not blaming them when he obviously is?? This is just bloody frankly rant and is very embarrassing for our club. Will somebody high up just tell him to just shut and start coaching players rather than giving a billion interviews every week. Does he actually bother with coaching players and giving through tactics or does he just himself as the figurehead and PR man for the club? Anyone?
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redandblue » Wed Mar 17, 2004 1:35 pm

Well said Stan. I live down here in London. The southern press is full of Houllier interviews ALL THE TIME. The southerners generally don't give a toss about LFC. They want to read about Arsenal, Chelsea, Fulham, West Ham, Millwall, Charlton, Crystal Palace.......and more.

But Houllier spends so much time trying to get the press on his side he is an embarrassment to the club. Honestly, he is quoted more frequently down here than Wenger or Ranieri put together.

He talks about winning the title one day, winning the European Cup. Folks down here think that he's barking mad. He is.
redandblue
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby XSD » Wed Mar 17, 2004 1:53 pm

More results less excuses please
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed Mar 17, 2004 2:06 pm

Can we sum up 2004 :

Out of the FA Cup to Pompey
1-1 home draw against Marseille in the 1st leg of the UEFA Cup
Currently 8th in the Premiership (with a game in hand)

I can't see how Houllier can draw any positives from that other than to speculate on what MIGHT happen.......
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby THEBARON » Wed Mar 17, 2004 7:36 pm

When I hear Houllier on the box / radio either post match or in the build up I either change channel or hit the mute button.
Every interview is the same  ....bold statements about how he believes in the players , how we were unlucky , how we deserved to win , how the linesman robbed us , how many shots on goal we had , how the players were tired , how good the opposition was , how hard Emile tried , how improved Biscan is , how we have turned the corner , how this defeat is a blessing in disguise , how many injuries we have had , how many mickey mouse trophies we have won , how it took Ferguson 6 years to win the league , how different it was in Shankly's day , how Cheyrou will be the next Zidane ..how about  I QUIT !
THEBARON

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion