MILAN JOVANOVIC - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bigmick » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:25 pm

I'm afraid at the reported 80K per week (4 million quid a year, gulp) he is increasingly looking to me much more towards the Dossena end of the scale in Rafa transfers than the Reina end. He is going to be impossible to offload off of that salary as well, another 16 million quid down the Swannee it looks like.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:34 pm

Rafa transfer ? yes he initially signed him BUT Hodgson was given the opportunity to pull the plug on the deal but he didn't he said it was a good signing so if it doesn't work out then it's against both previous and current manager . As for the player himself IMO he hasn't had that many opportunities to prove himself and on occasions has looked a useful outlet for us .
Benny The Noon

Postby Ben Patrick » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:36 pm

centarec wrote:I think this lad deserves to play more. With his pace he would be a great sub for the last 25 minutes of each game. If he got to play on maxi's place for the last 20 minutes im confident we would have scored one more. If Roy doesnt plan on playing him , we should better ship him off in January , cause he earns something like 80 k per week.

What pace ?

Definitely doesnt look good enough and the only plus is that Roy clearly doesnt fancy him.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby metalhead » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:39 pm

He isn't good enough, I'm pleased for his determination and energy, but he isn't very intelligent, usually does a Babelesque run and bumps into defenders. A few good passes, good first touch, but not a big footballing brain. I agree with Ben, on the plus side Roy doesn't fancy him
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ConnO'var » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:45 pm

Still too early to judge the lad..... but have to say, I haven't been too impressed to date. Like the effort but in some ways he reminds me little of Baros.... Not much thought about his play.
ConnO'var

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:56 pm

Jovanovic is about on the same level as Maxi, and i don't mean that in a good way.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:12 pm

7_Kewell wrote:Jovanovic is about on the same level as Maxi, and i don't mean that in a good way.

Maxi is a better player.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:23 pm

metalhead wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:Jovanovic is about on the same level as Maxi, and i don't mean that in a good way.

Maxi is a better player.

Comfortably.

Maxi is a proper footballer and is intelligent with his passing and clever with his movement.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby bigmick » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:14 pm

Roy had the opportunity to pull the plug, what when we'd already signed him? Did we sign him with a get out clause if we should sack the manager? Speculation surely, proof please. You'll be telling me that Rafa signed Cisse next and could have "pulled the plug" on the 14 million pound fee if he'd wanted.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Tim LFC » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:38 pm

I understand Jova hasn't had the easiest start but maybe it's due to Roys tactics, once Roys gone i'd like to see him play. Anyway props for him to saying this, something Steven should of done:

Jovanovic doesn't want to play
Reds forward rules out international call-up while club form suffers

Milan Jovanovic claims he does not want to be considered by Serbia until he is playing regularly at Liverpool.

The 29-year-old forward moved to Anfield as a free agent over the summer, fresh from catching the eye at the 2010 World Cup.
He has, however, struggled to make an impression in England and has quickly tumbled down the pecking order under Roy Hodgson.
Jovanovic insists he is prepared to fight for a place in the Reds side and has no plans to seek a move elsewhere just yet.

He is ruling out a return to international football any time soon, though, with it imperative that he gives his full attention to domestic duties.

Honest

Speaking after Serbia's 1-0 win over Bulgaria on Wednesday, Jovanovic told Sport: "Did I go to the airport to wish my friends good luck before the game in Sofia? No, because I didn't want to be in the spotlight for nothing. This isn't how I do things.

"I am 29 years old and I have a career which is quite good.

"But I know when I am not playing well and that is why I told my national coach (Vladimir) Petrovic that I don't want to be called up until I am playing first-team football at Liverpool.
"This is the honest thing to do and I wouldn't have it any other way."
Tim LFC

Postby Aussie Style » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:54 pm

He has a great attitude and approach and I thought he would do well here. Unfortunately I fear he may be out of his league.
Aussie Style
LFC Super Member

Postby mrt » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:46 am

Would like to see him get a bit of a go up front.  See if his 20 goals a season Belgian league form can translate.  It's hard to judge his finishing from where he's being played so far.
mrt

Postby metalhead » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:04 am

bigmick wrote:Roy had the opportunity to pull the plug, what when we'd already signed him? Did we sign him with a get out clause if we should sack the manager? Speculation surely, proof please. You'll be telling me that Rafa signed Cisse next and could have "pulled the plug" on the 14 million pound fee if he'd wanted.

We already signed him, we had a pre-agreement back in Feb for him, so I don't think the club can do anything about it unless the player and the club had a mutual agreement to break the contract and consider it void.

if your reading this Mick :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby rocky29 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:34 am

metalhead wrote:

Maxi is a better player.

id just love to see one of them cross a fecking ball right on nandos head i mean what the fecks happening with old fahioned wing play can nobody cross a fecking decent ball apart from stevie or what  :angry:
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:00 am

Wow, this has been a total letdown.  I really thought that Jova would be fantastic for us, but it looks like he'll be Voronin 2.  Maybe he didn't get enough time, but from what I've seen he's looked completely out of his depth here.  Probably would be better off in a slower league.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion