MILAN JOVANOVIC - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby only me » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:51 pm

LittleHobo wrote:to me you can tell he aint got a footballing brain,he seems very stupid

this is probaly why he was playing in belguim at the age of 29

has some good attributes but is a bit dumb

but he did score 20-30 goals a season? guess he does have some smarts in front of goal....He has a lot of quality he has very good pace and ball control we just need to put him in the right place.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Fauxy » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:18 pm

LittleHobo wrote:also though he needs an attacking left back, cause he hasnt had one making runs past him, which then gives him more room

Good point, every time he gets the ball on that left side he seems isolated so ends up coming into the middle.

Once we get Konchesky helping him out coming forward we will see the best of him I think.
Fauxy

Postby Ciggy » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:08 am

Jovanovich wants to quit

Milan Jovanovic is contemplating leaving Liverpool just two months into the season.

The Serbian winger, signed on a free transfer from Standard Liege in the summer, is seemingly unhappy about his lack of playing time under Roy Hodgson and has warned he is getting itchy feet.

"I am starting to find the time dragging on,". "I'm a fighter but if things do not sort themselves out I will change club, even though it is too soon to think about it yet.
I've not been in the starting XI for the last few matches, and I've not even come on as a sub. If things do not sort themselves out I will change club.
Milan Jovanovic

"I'm on form, I'm working hard and I have started eight competitive games. But I've not been in the starting XI for the last few matches, and I've not even come on as a sub."

The 29-year-old, who scored the only goal in his country’s victory over Germany at the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa™, also revealed his dissatisfaction with what’s expected of him defensively at Liverpool.

"I have to adapt to a new system over here. I have to defend all the time," Jovanovic moaned.

"Just three or four teams in the Premier league play attractive football. The others set great store by commitment, discipline and defending. I miss Standard and the city of Liege."
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:38 am

Ciggy wrote:Jovanovich wants to quit

Milan Jovanovic is contemplating leaving Liverpool just two months into the season.

The Serbian winger, signed on a free transfer from Standard Liege in the summer, is seemingly unhappy about his lack of playing time under Roy Hodgson and has warned he is getting itchy feet.

"I am starting to find the time dragging on,". "I'm a fighter but if things do not sort themselves out I will change club, even though it is too soon to think about it yet.
I've not been in the starting XI for the last few matches, and I've not even come on as a sub. If things do not sort themselves out I will change club.
Milan Jovanovic

"I'm on form, I'm working hard and I have started eight competitive games. But I've not been in the starting XI for the last few matches, and I've not even come on as a sub."

The 29-year-old, who scored the only goal in his country’s victory over Germany at the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa™, also revealed his dissatisfaction with what’s expected of him defensively at Liverpool.

"I have to adapt to a new system over here. I have to defend all the time," Jovanovic moaned.

"Just three or four teams in the Premier league play attractive football. The others set great store by commitment, discipline and defending. I miss Standard and the city of Liege."

:laugh:
The daft tw@t
Thommo's perm

Postby metalhead » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:50 am

the report is from the s*n :glare:
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:03 am

metalhead wrote:the report is from the s*n :glare:

Its on BBC, SSN & Eurosport websites also.

Anyway 2 disgruntled players so early in the season  :Oo: him and Agger, Reina moaning about the english keeping coach its not good is it?
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:09 am

Ciggy wrote:
metalhead wrote:the report is from the s*n :glare:

Its on BBC, SSN & Eurosport websites also.

Anyway 2 disgruntled players so early in the season  :Oo: him and Agger, Reina moaning about the english keeping coach its not good is it?

Is that the same Agger who cried for a game and missed a sitter against sunderland?
:laugh:
Thommo's perm

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:10 am

...And was part of the disgrace who got beat by Northampton?
Thommo's perm

Postby Ciggy » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:14 am

Thommo's perm wrote:...And was part of the disgrace who got beat by Northampton?

Is the manager not held accountable for some of that also? or do we just blame the players instead of Roy now.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:17 am

Ciggy wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:...And was part of the disgrace who got beat by Northampton?

Is the manager not held accountable for some of that also? or do we just blame the players instead of Roy now.

Of course he is. Why wouldnt he be?
I just thought you were saying that Aggers statement was important. I was only trying to balance it up by pointing out that he was given the chance twice and fu'cked up.
Thommo's perm

Postby Redman in wales » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:44 am

Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:48 am

heard it all before.

player who thinks he should be in the first 11 all the time, now not getting a game. yossi, babel, etc

oh and that defend thing - i can sympathise - i didnt like it when it was rafas philosophy and i dont like it with roys. its not right, but we're used to it. The wide players of the front 3 / middle 5 (however you want to display our formation) have always been asked to track back and defend
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:40 pm

Redman in wales wrote:heard it all before.

player who thinks he should be in the first 11 all the time, now not getting a game. yossi, babel, etc

oh and that defend thing - i can sympathise - i didnt like it when it was rafas philosophy and i dont like it with roys. its not right, but we're used to it. The wide players of the front 3 / middle 5 (however you want to display our formation) have always been asked to track back and defend

Also agree about the defending thing.
Its something that the last manager was rigid about and Roy appears to share the same philosophies.

Jovanovic for me doesnt look anywhere near a player i would want in my starting 11 by the way.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby only me » Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:00 pm

Ciggy wrote:

I'm sorry but we are quickly and rapidly becoming a graveyard for talented players ,Yes we hate reading players opening their Trap all over the media but come on this is getting ridicules ,All our Talents want out and you know what? who can blame them? Jovanovic is a great player ,he is a strong fast scorer ,he demonstrated it for his country and for previous teams he played for. We can't keep abusing those players and expect them to shutup. He would be a great loss in my opinion ,as was Yossi and as will Torres Be. Really shamefull everyone is jumping ship.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:06 pm

only me wrote:
Ciggy wrote:

I'm sorry but we are quickly and rapidly becoming a graveyard for talented players ,Yes we hate reading players opening their Trap all over the media but come on this is getting ridicules ,All our Talents want out and you know what? who can blame them? Jovanovic is a great player ,he is a strong fast scorer ,he demonstrated it for his country and for previous teams he played for. We can't keep abusing those players and expect them to shutup. He would be a great loss in my opinion ,as was Yossi and as will Torres Be. Really shamefull everyone is jumping ship.

You read my post wrong mate I was being sarcastic  :;):

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion