MILAN JOVANOVIC - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby only me » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:19 pm

metalhead wrote:
only me wrote:Why is the verdict on Milan that bad? I really can't get it ,he has been given the least chances of any player playing for Liverpool this year. His numerous performance were less then edquate but still he didn't get a real chance to proove his worth. He has good pysics ,Strangth and speed ,he has good ball control and a decent head and shots so why not give him a go? Players as Babel and Cole and Maxi and Kuyt and even Koncheski got more starting chances then this lad has been given so why is he deemed so terrible.

Seems a bit amatureish if we release him based on a few appearnces chances he got.

He is shyte

Can't beat his man, lousy first touch, not intelligent on the ball, loses possession, can't cross and runs like Milan Baros

You just described half our team.....Milan However didn't get the same credit and runtime as the rest of them. I'm not saying don't sell him ,i'm saying give him a REAL chance and then decide. He had 17 appearnces overall with 4 time starting...This isn't serious.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Kukilon » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:25 pm

To early to say but if we have the possibity to bring in someone else of a higher quality we should go for it.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:30 pm

He was never given a proper chance, but at 29 and our team looking past him, if the 6 million offer is true then we need to jump at it.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby metalhead » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:27 pm

only me wrote:
metalhead wrote:
only me wrote:Why is the verdict on Milan that bad? I really can't get it ,he has been given the least chances of any player playing for Liverpool this year. His numerous performance were less then edquate but still he didn't get a real chance to proove his worth. He has good pysics ,Strangth and speed ,he has good ball control and a decent head and shots so why not give him a go? Players as Babel and Cole and Maxi and Kuyt and even Koncheski got more starting chances then this lad has been given so why is he deemed so terrible.

Seems a bit amatureish if we release him based on a few appearnces chances he got.

He is shyte

Can't beat his man, lousy first touch, not intelligent on the ball, loses possession, can't cross and runs like Milan Baros

You just described half our team.....Milan However didn't get the same credit and runtime as the rest of them. I'm not saying don't sell him ,i'm saying give him a REAL chance and then decide. He had 17 appearnces overall with 4 time starting...This isn't serious.

He is cr@p mate, he had 3 or 4 games in a row then Hodgson finally figured out that he isn't the answer, he won't be. He can't cut in the league or with a top club
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redhayesy » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:58 am

metalhead wrote:
only me wrote:
metalhead wrote:

He is shyte

He is cr@p mate, he had 3 or 4 games in a row then Hodgson finally figured out that he isn't the answer, he won't be. He can't cut in the league or with a top club

totally agree mate! i for one really hope he is another of KK master plan to get rid of dead wood -& hope we get any kind of fee for him to enable the future signings to be the right ones! not bu11sh1t,not good  enough to wear the red shirt like him.

he shouldn't of even ben given a chance in the first place-but under someone else's project & so called experience & eye for a great player he was welcomed with open arms!  :no  i have total faith in KK that this mistake won't hapen again.
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby Johnny Boy » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:20 am

If someone comes in for him I think it's best for both parties that a deal is done.
Clearly Kenny doesn't fancy him.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:33 pm

Sly Sports are reporting that he's turned down a move to Wolfsburg.

No mention of how much they offered for him but if it was the £6m rumoured the other day then :angry:
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:44 pm

:angry:  He's not getting football here, we accepted the first offer we had for him, but he still wants to collect his high wages here on the bench
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kawaton » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:50 pm

RUSHIE#9 wrote:Sly Sports are reporting that he's turned down a move to Wolfsburg.

No mention of how much they offered for him but if it was the £6m rumoured the other day then :angry:

jova

Sky Sports News sources understand that Liverpool forward Milan Jovanovic has turned down a move to Wolfsburg.

The Serbian has failed to make an impact at Anfield since arriving from Standard Liege on a free transfer at the beginning of the season and the Premier League club are prepared to sell.

Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish, who succeeded Roy Hodgson at the beginning of January, is reported to be trying to raise funds in order to fund improved bids for Ajax striker Luis Suarez and Blackpool captain Charlie Adam.

Skysports.com reported on Wednesday that Wolfsburg's former England manager, Steve McClaren, had made an offer, rumoured to be £6million, to Liverpool's parent company, the Fenway Sports Group.
Future

But Jovanovic has rejected the opportunity to follow former Liverpool team-mate Ryan Babel in moving to the Bundesliga after the latter joined Hoffenheim earlier this week.

Jovanovic had hoped that the arrival of Dalglish would provide an opportunity to kick-start his career on Merseyside.

However, illness and injury permitting, the 29-year-old has only featured in the defeat at Blackpool since the sacking of Hodgson.

The deal to sign Jovanovic was effectively in place last season when Rafa Benitez was still in charge at Anfield and so it has always been questioned whether he had a future.

Seventeen appearances in total at club level have suggested that the versatile attacker has struggled to adapt since joining Liverpool, while seven of those outings have come in the Europa League.

Wolfsburg are eager to increase their offensive options after selling Edin Dzeko to Manchester City in a £27m deal at the beginning of January.
kawaton

Postby eds » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:21 am

Redman in wales wrote: :angry:  He's not getting football here, we accepted the first offer we had for him, but he still wants to collect his high wages here on the bench

Exactly. Call a spade for what it is.

Never liked the c**t and he is just another Diao for us.

:veryangry
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:06 am

don't blame the player, blame the clowns who signed him. If i was in his position i wouldn't take a 30% pay cut either.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:26 am

only me wrote:He has good pysics ,

Really? You saw his exam answer papers?  :D
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:47 am

7_Kewell wrote:don't blame the player, blame the clowns who signed him. If i was in his position i wouldn't take a 30% pay cut either.

i would. i'd want first team football every week. and he's not going to be on a nothing wage like £50grand a year, he'd just drop from £40k a week to £25k a week. Fu.ck. £25'000 a week for playing football every week. I dont care about the pay "cut", I'd prefer to enjoy my job.

(my best mate last year quit his £45k a year job for RBS to go do digital design work for £20k a year because he didn't enjoy banking. - I'm the same - prefer to enjoy my job and take a cut, than collect higher wages sat on a bench
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:02 am

Redman in wales wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:don't blame the player, blame the clowns who signed him. If i was in his position i wouldn't take a 30% pay cut either.

i would. i'd want first team football every week. and he's not going to be on a nothing wage like £50grand a year, he'd just drop from £40k a week to £25k a week. Fu.ck. £25'000 a week for playing football every week. I dont care about the pay "cut", I'd prefer to enjoy my job.

(my best mate last year quit his £45k a year job for RBS to go do digital design work for £20k a year because he didn't enjoy banking. - I'm the same - prefer to enjoy my job and take a cut, than collect higher wages sat on a bench

What people are also forgetting is he would also get a signing on fee if he were to move on.
I dont understand it when players do this tbh.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby JamCar05 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:18 pm

Gutted he didn't want to leave, as that would have been a superb deal for us to say the least :(
JamCar05

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion