MARTIN SKRTEL - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby AussieKopite » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:53 pm

HacksawJimDuggin wrote:
Homebooby wrote:
maguskwt wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:It's important to remember that Agger was eased in very slowly when we first signed him (partly due to injuries).  I see Rafa doing the same thing with Skrtel--he'll get a sporadic match here and there over the next few months (unless we hit another CB injury crisis) with a long term view to getting more into the mix early next season, IMO.  Much will depend on whether Sami stays beyond the summer, as well.

i would prefer it if sami stays on... it's always better to have experience defenders like sami and carra go learn from... agger and this guy will benefit alot...

I thought Sami was dead and buried 2 seasons ago already and although the pace is a problem...he has never let us down. He's the type of player that Liverpool need in their ranks somewhere and I hope that they are smart enough to hold onto him as a coach.

Great point!  :buttrock

I hope he stays as a coach. I worry that Carra's performances have been suffering as a result of covering for Sami's lack of speed.
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lfc_istanbul_5 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:30 pm

agger out for a couple more weeks, i would like to see if he can be a better partner for carragher
lfc_istanbul_5

Postby Bermenstein » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:01 pm

looks like Skrtel will be thrown in at the deep end as Agger is out for a while.

Hopefully a Rob Jones type birth.
Bermenstein
LFC Super Member

Postby hello_red » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:44 pm

Well he was highly rated by the club he came from, and there is no better way to introduce someone into a team than the deep end. Agger out, Sami in need of rest.

So good luck Martin :D
hello_red
LFC Super Member

Postby essexpoolfan » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:33 am

I think the fact that he is our most expensive defender so far shows what :censored: it is when people say we are level with Man Utd and Chelsea for spending now. Man Utd spent £30m on Rio and Chelsea have forked out a fair bit for players like Cole and Carvalho. Personally I am happy with this as we have done some great bits of business over the years for defenders (Sami, Agger). Hopefully Skrtel will be a great signing and I look forward to watching him.
essexpoolfan

Postby Big Niall » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:48 am

We really did need to buy a centre back. While we are weak regarding a second striker we simply have no decent centre backs to play with Carragher with Agger injured - Sami not good enough anymore

:down:

When Agger gets back, I expect him to play in reserves/domestic cups to get a feel for the English game. A club really needs at least 3 very good centre backs which hopefully we have now (I haven't seen him). YOu can sometimes get away with weak players on the wings but down the middle you really must be 100%
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:02 pm

lakes10 wrote:Going buy the teams Rafa has picked over the last year he should sell......

EL ZHAR

What do you base that on ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AussieKopite » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:38 pm

Yeah our defence hasn't been the best (few cheap goals given away). I think we've been missing the 6 or so goals that Riise usually puts in from long range. I can't help bit think he's aiming for row Z each time...
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:38 pm

Martin Skrtel interview with lfc.tv.

http://www.sendspace.pl/file/q1iVTuOT
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby club_Levis » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:37 am

AussieKopite wrote:
burjennio wrote:he looks like a bad man, hes got the evil eyes

I hope he plays the way he looks to people like Drogba, Anelka, Rooney and Ronaldo. Ruthless...

You have got your wish there mate  :D  Solid, composed defender. One of the best signings Rafa has made.

Looking forward to the day Agger is back as they will form a rock solid defence akin to the manures.
club_Levis

Postby Owzat » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:49 am

Skrtel was the best defender on the pitch last night on either side, didn't put a foot wrong and got in some crucial and perfectly timed Carra-like tackles.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sarge » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:28 am

and he looks like the fella in Prison Break

http://www.pbh2.com/humor/soccer-dive-gifs/attachment/soccer-dive-gifs-2/
Sarge

Postby andy_g » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:40 am

immense and scary again. you gotta love the guy.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:30 am

has been an excellent signing. i like him because as previously mentioned he's an old fashioned centre half in every sense of the word. if in any douby put it into row z. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Toffeehater » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:51 am

He's been very good , only has had 1 bad game ever since his move , also he's like agger even though he plays centre back he's not afraid to venture foward
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion