MARTIN SKRTEL - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:43 pm

He looks like a scouser maybe Rafa is trying to fool UEFA when that homegrown players rule comes in :D wouldnt want to fight with him though.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:44 pm

When questioned about the price paid for Skirtel , Rafa inidicated that it's what the market demands, in the process he mentioned Liverpool had been looking at three center backs (including Skirtel)

"one , 19 year old, 16 million euro and a 21 year old 40 million euro ! " .

Anydody have any idea who they might have been ?.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:50 pm

woof woof ! wrote:When questioned about the price paid for Skirtel , Rafa inidicated that it's what the market demands, in the process he mentioned Liverpool had been looking at three center backs (including Skirtel)

Did Rafa say CB'S though Woof, I got the impression he was just meaning players? Maybe it was the 40million that threw me. I was thinking Villa, Nasri, Aguero etc  :D

edit maybe not Villa
Last edited by account deleted by request on Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:54 pm

s@int wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:When questioned about the price paid for Skirtel , Rafa inidicated that it's what the market demands, in the process he mentioned Liverpool had been looking at three center backs (including Skirtel)

Did Rafa say CB'S though Woof, I got the impression he was just meaning players? Maybe it was the 40million that threw me. I was thinking Villa, Nasri, Aguero etc  :D

edit maybe not Villa

It may have been misintepreted  Saint , but the question put to Rafa was about it being record LFC fee paid for a defender. I assumed Rafa's response was about three CB's he'd been looking at

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:59 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
s@int wrote:

edit maybe not Villa

It may have been misintepreted  Saint , but the question put to Rafa was about it being record LFC fee paid for a defender. I assumed Rafa's response was about three CB's he'd been looking at

Unless its that young lad off Real Madrid I haven't a clue then Woof
account deleted by request

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:01 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
s@int wrote:

edit maybe not Villa

One of them was probably Ezequiel Garay. He's 21.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:10 pm

Sabre wrote:Excuse me, how will the people possibly spell Skrtel? four consonants together is too alien for a Spaniard :D

I think he'll be just Tel for me.

We will change his name to "Jose Skirtello".
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ken_job » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:37 pm

There was some talk of us being linked with Barcelona's Giovani Dos Santos, the mexican winger/striker dubbed 'the next ronaldinho' (although hardly the first or last). I think he could be the 19year old worth 16m.
ken_job

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:44 pm

Hmmm, intriguing.  :D

I heard the interview, but I can't remember exactly what was said.

I'm pretty certain he was referring to defenders, although I thought he actually said one was '14 million Euro's' - which would seem more realistic, as opposed to 40.

(14m Euros is approx £10.5m sterling).

I think he alluded to three players, one was probably Garay, I'm not sure about the others.
LFC2007

Postby Sabre » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:52 pm

For 40M you don't buy Garay, but the whole Racing Santander team included the stadium (well maybe the stadium is too much :D) . I don't think Garai would cost that kind of money when bought to a club like Racing. 14M was the price for what they sold the player that has scored most goals in their history yesteryear.
Last edited by Sabre on Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:53 pm

GOAT wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:At long last.

Surely this puts to bed the notion that the Yanks have no faith in Rafa?

Well it looks like sissoko is on his way to juve so does that mean we have to sell to buy, best not do

Ive been reliably informed that before we bought Skrtel we
had £10M to spend.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:00 pm

Sabre wrote:For 40M you don't buy Garay, but the whole Racing Santander team included the stadium (well maybe the stadium is too much :D) . I don't think Garai would cost that kind of money when bought to a club like Racing. 14M was the price for what they sold the player that has scored most goals in their history yesteryear.

Ah FFS  :D , the link doesn't work.
LFC2007

Postby takeactionnow » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:35 pm

so we got him great news!!!       But what next  is that it or is there more to come one defender is not going to make a difference. With agger back anyway would we not have been better sorting the front end out first ?
takeactionnow

Postby LittleHobo » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:44 am

takeactionnow wrote:so we got him great news!!!       But what next  is that it or is there more to come one defender is not going to make a difference. With agger back anyway would we not have been better sorting the front end out first ?

we needed a young centre back so im happy

squad, pushing the others for first team with sami ageing and all

of course now i would be delighted if we sign sergio augero, its hard though in the transfer window cause everyone is so overpriced
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:53 am

Ciggy wrote:He looks like a scouser maybe Rafa is trying to fool UEFA when that homegrown players rule comes in :D wouldnt want to fight with him though.

:D Agreed Cigg he only needs a LACOSTE trackie now and thats it Scouse Tel :D
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion