MARTIN SKRTEL - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Owzat » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:38 am

HacksawJimDuggin wrote:I watched the game yesterday and didn't see anything from Skrtel that merited a red card...

Did you watch the whole game with your eyes open? He was arguably the last man pulling down the striker on his way in on goal which is a red card offence, it was what he got booked for and was fortunate in that decision.

BBC wrote:Blackburn, belatedly, came forward but were left frustrated by another Wiley decision, this time to only book Skrtel who had hauled down Roberts as he broke clear on goal.

A red card would have given Blackburn hope

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/7332043.stm
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Seano Kop » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:15 am

No way a red card. Reina had it covered anyway. Who cares if he was the last man, Skrtl hardly nudged him. He was trying to get around Roberts and he fell to the ground like a sack of potatoes
Seano Kop

Postby The Manhattan Project » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:26 am

I thought Roberts was out of line for throwing a tantrum when Skrtel only got a yellow card.

He should have punished for his reaction and his bad language.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:31 am

Owzat wrote:
HacksawJimDuggin wrote:I watched the game yesterday and didn't see anything from Skrtel that merited a red card...

Did you watch the whole game with your eyes open? He was arguably the last man pulling down the striker on his way in on goal which is a red card offence, it was what he got booked for and was fortunate in that decision.

BBC wrote:Blackburn, belatedly, came forward but were left frustrated by another Wiley decision, this time to only book Skrtel who had hauled down Roberts as he broke clear on goal.

Oh that challenge.... :no

No way that was a red card. A long way from goal and Roberts would have been caught by the covering defender and/or Reina.
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby Festy » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:05 pm

Owzat wrote:It will be interesting to see who plays and where IF Agger is fit next season. Might even see Carra playing FB and Skrtel play alongside Agger from time to time

FB position will be occupied by a new proven FB that we are sure to buy next season. And Cara is not a FB anyway, so it will be a battle between Skrtel and Ager for the CB partnership with Cara.
ImageImageImage

-----YOU WILL NEVER WALK ALONE. WILL YOU ?-----
Festy

Postby Owzat » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:45 pm

HacksawJimDuggin wrote:
Owzat wrote:

Oh that challenge.... :no

No way that was a red card. A long way from goal and Roberts would have been caught by the covering defender and/or Reina.

I said "could and maybe should", I am certain if it had been Torres away from their defence in the reverse situation we'd have been shouting for a red card. The other defender quite probably wouldn't have caught him, whether Reina would have made any difference is a matter of opinion, but if the law states "denying a clear goalscoring opportunity" then it wasn't. However isn't there a law about unsporting play or words to that effect? It was a professional foul, deserved a red even if you can justify a way out of it.

Festy - I nearly added that I meant in some games not all games, like he has been this season. Ideally we would sign a good FB or two, but if we sign players for all the positions need signings then we'll need maybe £100m
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Seano Kop » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:07 pm

Faaaaaark we are in crisis next season. In a good way though. What do we reckon of the chances of Carra at right back, Hyypia and Skrtl as the central defenders and Agger at left back? Altho I think Rafa's after Rafinha no?
Seano Kop

Postby NANNY RED » Thu May 15, 2008 11:51 pm

Copied this off RAWK one of the funniest pics ive seen :laugh:  :laugh:

That one of Jamie Carraghers kids
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Fri May 16, 2008 12:02 am

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  PMSL!  :buttrock
LFC2007

Postby Torres25 » Fri May 16, 2008 1:37 am

Yeh id have Skrtel & Agger as my first choice next season, both fast good on the ball i think theyd be a perfect combination actually (hopefully 4 many years)..........i love carra but i think hes showin his age

i woulda got rid of sami (legend) & gave either hobbs r san jose the 4th spot personally

i wouldnt have carra right back whoever thinks hes a good fullback r insane (as much as i love him) hes awful on the ball & isnt fast enough r skillfull enough 2 be a full back 4 me
Torres25

Postby Thingy » Fri May 16, 2008 1:38 am

Why are people moanin about Carra ? Showing his age. Hes only just turned 30.
Thingy

Postby SundanceKid » Fri May 16, 2008 2:57 am

Skrtel needs to be playing far Right. I can't remember which game it was, but he totally let someone slip by when playing left central. Agger is fit for that job anyway [Not physically :laugh:]

If we sign Rafinha, We'll have probably the strongest defense in the league. It's not his skill that surpasses all of our current defenders, but we just need one more brick of his quality.
"Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool red"
SundanceKid

Postby SupitsJonF » Fri May 16, 2008 4:15 am

Best defence?  I know we are solid, but I don't know of many people putting a Liverpool defender in the team of the year.  Most teams I saw had 2-3 Man U defenders, and 0 Liverpool.
SupitsJonF

Postby Igor Zidane » Fri May 16, 2008 8:45 am

NANNY RED wrote:Copied this off RAWK one of the funniest pics ive seen :laugh:  :laugh:

That one of Jamie Carraghers kids

Love that piccy nan, he is a scary fecker. THe lads done well since he's come in and doesn't look out of place . See next year how he gets on when agger is fit .
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby KOPMATT » Fri May 16, 2008 10:51 am

He's been awesome, immense, cracking half a season and no matter how much I like and admire Agger he's gona struggle to shift Carra and Skrtel!
KOPMATT

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion