LUCAS LEIVA - OFFICIAL THREAD

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RedAnt » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:36 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:28 pm wrote:Dont fret too much ,in light of the lads propensity for proposing a defence against the opposition we will possibly see him garner enough yellows for a ban
thus affording you and your ilk the opportunity to double your post count.

You reply to every post I make about Lucas and say I'm doubling my post count? I've 2000 odd posts. Double that is 4000. I'm not going to do that talking about Lucas. And what is "people of your ilk"? Those that don't think Lucas is good enough? As opposed to your ilk that can see him do no wrong? Or is my ilk simply those you don't agree?
I dare say Lucas will accumulate enough yellows for a ban soon enough. If you bothered to read my balanced post you'd know that I feel his inclusion is currently required for want of a better option. I don't think he's good enough long term and should have been replaced long ago. You can narrow this thread down to the here and now if you like, but I'll continue to expand it.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:40 pm

Other than that stock up on tissues ,or better still buy a party box and invite 'only me' around for the wankfest that signals his failure.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:48 pm

RedAnt » Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:36 pm wrote:
You reply to every post I make about Lucas and say I'm doubling my post count? I've 2000 odd posts. Double that is 4000. I'm not going to do that talking about Lucas. And what is "people of your ilk"? Those that don't think Lucas is good enough? As opposed to your ilk that can see him do no wrong? Or is my ilk simply those you don't agree?
I dare say Lucas will accumulate enough yellows for a ban soon enough. If you bothered to read my balanced post you'd know that I feel his inclusion is currently required for want of a better option. I don't think he's good enough long term and should have been replaced long ago. You can narrow this thread down to the here and now if you like, but I'll continue to expand it.

If my memory serves me well its actually the first time I have made inference to your post count ,feel free to trawl the thread and proffer proof suggesting otherwise  ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:54 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:40 pm wrote:Other than that stock up on tissues ,or better still buy a party box and invite 'only me' around for the wankfest that signals his failure.

Other then being an obnoxious poster which thinks he invented football you and your ilk are just a violent bunch which can't   a different opinion and resort to personal insults.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:11 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:48 pm wrote:

If my memory serves me well its actually the first time I have made inference to your post count ,feel free to trawl the thread and proffer proof suggesting otherwise  ???

To be honest your posts about football I usually find quite interesting, though it's like you swallowed a thesaurus. When you go off topic you generally baffle me with your blend of humour and insults so I'm often confused when trying to deal with you. For that reason I seldom reply to you and honestly would prefer it if you simply did likewise. I'm not often moved to post these days. I'd simply be repeating others opinions. Yet you post quite regularly. I wonder why my post count should even concern you.
RedAnt

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:46 pm

RedAnt » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:11 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:48 pm wrote:

To be honest your posts about football I usually find quite interesting, though it's like you swallowed a thesaurus. When you go off topic you generally baffle me with your blend of humour and insults so I'm often confused when trying to deal with you. For that reason I seldom reply to you and honestly would prefer it if you simply did likewise. I'm not often moved to post these days. I'd simply be repeating others opinions. Yet you post quite regularly. I wonder why my post count should even concern you.

Three valid points to remember

1, Your post count doesn't concern me ,thus why I am once again forced to reiterate my sentiments above .
2,Try not to read too much betwixt the lines of a post ,its almost like you take everything posted too literally ,maybe attempt to employ the concept of humour  ???
3,Lastly and possibly the most important ,I also refrain from preparing a reply towards  your posts ,and it was you who instigated all this by firstly replying to me.

So all being said and done  ,I have no qualms whatsoever with ignoring your posts ,which in truth and without being too harsh give conflicting opinions every two
lines ....I mean don't get me wrong ,sometimes you start your posts with good points ,and then completely dilute them by refuting what you yourself have just said
in the same f*cking post.  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:29 am

Doesn't matter what you say RGB. You can't change my opinion on Lucas. I'm not sure what you're failing to understand. Lucas is not good enough. When Mascha and Xabi left, they left a big hole in the team that Lucas cannot fill. He can run his little heart out but he will never be a PL winner.
At the moment, due to shortsightedness on the managements part, Lucas is the best option for that position. It's not because he's good. It's because on our books there is no one else. How is that a contradiction? Anyone else not getting my point?

As for the other stuff about a sense of humour and things? Well as I've already stated, I don't find you very funny. I've asked you already not to post directly to me because I find jokes about Kleenex to be rather low grade and a clear attempt to get personal and clear attempts to insult people. And just so you know, since it seems to interest you... I supported LFC long before I learned to w*nk.
RedAnt

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:01 pm

It took Rodgers an inordinate period of time watching us slide down the league with Gerrard as DM and then when he finally introduces Lucas there's a significant
improvement and an upturn in our defensive performances ,so what does Rodgers do next ?

Its these decisions that perplex the most ,Given what's available Lucas would have been the first name on any other managers team sheet ,the fact Rodgers still is
refusing to be appreciative to the importance of having a DM that can actually protect the defence is quite frankly ludicrous.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:16 pm

Lucas's reps are talking to Inter, so he may move in the January window (or next Summer). If BR does let him go in Jan, then it just smacks of stupidity because you notice the difference he makes, yet he is unappreciated. LFC are playing better (I say that sparingly) because Lucas is in the side as DM instead of SG. SG as DM is woeful.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:42 pm

Kash_Mountain » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:16 pm wrote:Lucas's reps are talking to Inter, so he may move in the January window (or next Summer). If BR does let him go in Jan, then it just smacks of stupidity because you notice the difference he makes, yet he is unappreciated. LFC are playing better (I say that sparingly) because Lucas is in the side as DM instead of SG. SG as DM is woeful.

He knows all to well that he will be invisible again once results pick up and he gets dropped for sideshow joe. Can't blame the lad at all if he wants out.
Stevie will probably sign that new deal once he realizes how much he will save on bog-roll because brendan's tongue is permanently stuck up his ar$e.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby The_Rock » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:16 am

Lets face it....Lucas will not be most of our 1st choice for the DM role. In the last decade, we had mascherano, hamann, Alonso...etc. And Lucas is not up to their level.

The thing is... he is the BEST DM we have in our squad now. The only DM who is capable of protecting our defence. Lets face it if Rodgers gets rid of him and plays Allen and Gerrard to protect our defence we are gonna be in a relegation battle for the 2nd half of the season.

You know what does a quality DM bring to the defence ? Composure. In Chelsea's recent match .....Cahil and Terry only had 1 tackle between them. And they did not concede a goal against stoke. You know why ? Because they had Matic infront of them. Doing the dirty work so that those CBs had a composing time against one of the most "get in your face" bunch of attackers in this league.

I am not saying Lucas is good as Matic. Far from it. And If it was up to me, I would be getting one of :
Maxime Gonalons
Morgan Schneiderlin
Felipe Melo
Luiz Gustavo
Blaise Matuidi

All the above don't play for bigger clubs than us. All for them can be classified a Money-ball signing. And for any reason, they might not want to come to our club and play for a clueless rookie head coach...I might even given the 2 jordans (rossiter/Williams) turns to play the DM position..

The point I am making is I want an upgrade on Lucas. But after the debacle of transfers in the last 3 seasons under the dumba$$ committee and rodgers (for those who don't know...he had to have his arm twisted to agree to buying sturridge and coutinho....yes, he didn't want them. Can you believe it ?), can you trust Rodgers with getting someone better than lucas ?

Hell....Rodgers might not even want to play with a DM. He probably wants a controller with technical skills and be grooming his love-son Joe Allen to pick up the mantle...

Cahill and Terry will look like Skrtel and Lovern if they were managed by Rodgers. We lose Lucas, get ready for relegation battle.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:41 am

I can't see him going, he's a regular starter once again and given the age and contract situation of Gerrard, the relative inexperience of Can (not to mention the fact that a new CM is probably way down on the clubs list of priorities ATM) he's actually in a pretty strong position.
It might be a year and a half before we are in a position to spend big on another CM and by that time Gerrard will have surely retired anyway and any new arrivals will be brought in to replace him.
From the clubs point of view we are in a mini crisis but from his point of view things haven't looked this rosy for years.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:55 am

Kash_Mountain » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:16 pm wrote:Lucas's reps are talking to Inter, so he may move in the January window (or next Summer). If BR does let him go in Jan, then it just smacks of stupidity because you notice the difference he makes, yet he is unappreciated. LFC are playing better (I say that sparingly) because Lucas is in the side as DM instead of SG. SG as DM is woeful.

The sooner he leaves the better it's about time we allow mediocrity find its natural place elsewhere, Is SG the solution? of course not ,SG should be used as a bench player ,solution? Sign DM which BR should have have done ages ago. (this is where he was stupid).
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:06 am

only me » Dec 24th, '14, 09:55 wrote:
Kash_Mountain » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:16 pm wrote:Lucas's reps are talking to Inter, so he may move in the January window (or next Summer). If BR does let him go in Jan, then it just smacks of stupidity because you notice the difference he makes, yet he is unappreciated. LFC are playing better (I say that sparingly) because Lucas is in the side as DM instead of SG. SG as DM is woeful.

The sooner he leaves the better it's about time we allow mediocrity find its natural place elsewhere, Is SG the solution? of course not ,SG should be used as a bench player ,solution? Sign DM which BR should have have done ages ago. (this is where he was stupid).

It was stupid then, but will be more so because of LFC's current situation. If he lets Lucas go, then BR will most likely play SG in that position or even Allen. Right now, only Lucas can do the job required, otherwise you've got other players babysitting SG (if he's asked to play that role). 

As for bringing in a replacement, it's about selling first, then buying, cause there is no money now. right now. If naming rights to the Ground and Stands can be sorted it will generate revenue, and remember FFP, depends what sanctions are imposed on the Club.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby only me » Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:28 am

Kash_Mountain » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:06 am wrote:
only me » Dec 24th, '14, 09:55 wrote:

It was stupid then, but will be more so because of LFC's current situation. If he lets Lucas go, then BR will most likely play SG in that position or even Allen. Right now, only Lucas can do the job required, otherwise you've got other players babysitting SG (if he's asked to play that role). 

As for bringing in a replacement, it's about selling first, then buying, cause there is no money now. right now. If naming rights to the Ground and Stands can be sorted it will generate revenue, and remember FFP, depends what sanctions are imposed on the Club.

Agreed...unfortunately the boys holding the helm have no idea no skills no brains...Any serious club would have had a short list of DM to sign and I'm sure we could have release quite a lot to free funds..(Glenda,Lucas,1 CB,Allene/Hendo,Borini and Mario....)
only me
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion