LUCAS LEIVA - OFFICIAL THREAD

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Kash_Mountain » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:08 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Jan 12th, '15, 20:52 wrote:Rossiter wouldn't be ready to play in the prem week in week out, coming up against the likes of Hazard, Aguero, DiMaria and Rooney is lot different to playing in the U21 league. I'm not saying the lad won't make it but he needs time to find his feet in the top flight just like every other player.
Liverpool are absolute masters at doing this, as soon as it looks like we are making significant progress we take two steps back by selling someone who is important to our system. This is the usual scenario -

1) We sell a key player
2) Someone new will come in
3) He will be absolute garbage for 6 months
4) The fans will hit the roof
5) The manager will come under serious pressure
6) The player will come good
7) The team will look the part for a few months
8) We'll start the cycle once again by selling someone else. Rinse and repeat.

Off course it's different (prem and u21's), but they still need to be played. It's time some were given the chance to step up.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby C-R » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:12 pm

Kash_Mountain » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:08 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Jan 12th, '15, 20:52 wrote:Rossiter wouldn't be ready to play in the prem week in week out, coming up against the likes of Hazard, Aguero, DiMaria and Rooney is lot different to playing in the U21 league. I'm not saying the lad won't make it but he needs time to find his feet in the top flight just like every other player.
Liverpool are absolute masters at doing this, as soon as it looks like we are making significant progress we take two steps back by selling someone who is important to our system. This is the usual scenario -

1) We sell a key player
2) Someone new will come in
3) He will be absolute garbage for 6 months
4) The fans will hit the roof
5) The manager will come under serious pressure
6) The player will come good
7) The team will look the part for a few months
8) We'll start the cycle once again by selling someone else. Rinse and repeat.

Off course it's different (prem and u21's), but they still need to be played. It's time some were given the chance to step up.

Agree with Kash on this one, Rossiter needs to be in senior squad every week, even if being used as a sub, other local lads have become stars in the past at a similar age and he deserves his opportunity

Let's hope BR has the balls to give him his shot
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:27 am

Published: 00:30, Fri, January 16, 2015
By Paul Joyce

Brendan Rodgers says Lucas will NOT leave Liverpool during January transfer window

BRENDAN RODGERS has ruled out the departure of Lucas in the transfer window because he does not want to jeopardise Liverpool’s pursuit of a top-four finish.

The Liverpool manager did, however, raise the prospect of the midfielder leaving in the summer after admitting his situation would be reassessed at the end of the season.

Inter Milan are trying to raise funds to back coach Roberto Mancini’s bid to sign Lucas this month, but Rodgers moved to repel their advances by insisting the Brazil international would not be allowed to leave Anfield.

“I have spoken to Lucas, but we have had nothing from them [Inter],” said Rodgers. “He’s just enjoying playing and he’s playing very well.

“No, he is not one that we would want to lose in January. Of course at the end of the season everything is looked at again, but the team is in a good momentum.

“We are starting to find our feet and players are starting to adapt and work really well so I don’t need to disrupt them.”

Lucas will stay at Liverpool says Brendan Rodgers
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:47 am

kazza » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:27 am wrote:Published: 00:30, Fri, January 16, 2015
By Paul Joyce

Brendan Rodgers says Lucas will NOT leave Liverpool during January transfer window

BRENDAN RODGERS has ruled out the departure of Lucas in the transfer window because he does not want to jeopardise Liverpool’s pursuit of a top-four finish.

The Liverpool manager did, however, raise the prospect of the midfielder leaving in the summer after admitting his situation would be reassessed at the end of the season.

Inter Milan are trying to raise funds to back coach Roberto Mancini’s bid to sign Lucas this month, but Rodgers moved to repel their advances by insisting the Brazil international would not be allowed to leave Anfield.

“I have spoken to Lucas, but we have had nothing from them [Inter],” said Rodgers. “He’s just enjoying playing and he’s playing very well.

“No, he is not one that we would want to lose in January. Of course at the end of the season everything is looked at again, but the team is in a good momentum.

“We are starting to find our feet and players are starting to adapt and work really well so I don’t need to disrupt them.”

Lucas will stay at Liverpool says Brendan Rodgers

Translation :I would like to sell Lucas but I can't be trusted to bring a worthy replacement....
Shame opportunity lost to dislodge mediocrity.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby supersub » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:00 pm

translation is...lucas has got me out of the Sh*t this season and losing him would guarantee total failure and me having to look for a new job in the summer
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:25 pm

We need better players than Lucas and I'm all for selling him in the summer. But not now, not unless BR has got an ace up his sleeve with an established DM ready to come in. Sadly, I doubt that'l happen.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:28 pm

Unless it's Makelele a new player in midfield is the last thing we need right now. A new player will take time to get used to us and to the new environment and our midfield will suffer because of that. A lot of the players we have have only been here for about 6 months anyway, a new face (unless it's a striker) will do more harm than good. As bad as things might be it's best if we stick with what we've got and asses things in the summer.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:44 pm

supersub » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:00 am wrote:translation is...lucas has got me out of the Sh*t this season and losing him would guarantee total failure and me having to look for a new job in the summer

:;):

Translation :"These South Americans are really useful ,and if the cream of Serie A  are looking at him he must be a bit special ,best pay him some lip service
and pretend I knew all along how vital a proper DM  is to our progress"
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:00 pm

Cream of Serie A ?

A midtable side in a struggling league  :laugh:

To be fair I actually agree with anyone that says Lucas has been vital to our upturn in fortune this season and wouldnt consider selling him this month.

I think he's a good player to have around the squad as well.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:27 pm

Ben Patrick » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:00 pm wrote:Cream of Serie A ?

A midtable side in a struggling league  :laugh:

To be fair I actually agree with anyone that says Lucas has been vital to our upturn in fortune this season and wouldnt consider selling him this month.

I think he's a good player to have around the squad as well.

Juventus, Inter Milan ,Ac Milan the three most successful teams in Serie A with 66 league titles between them ,call me old fashioned ,but they're  still the 'cream of
Italian football ....Do you consider Man City and Chelsea as the cream of English football ,or do you define a team by how successful they have been in garnering titles
such as Liverpool United and Arsenal ....You should write for the Mail fella  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:41 pm

Well it's good to hear he is staying, last thing we need now is more upheaval.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Shanks Forever » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:47 pm

Lucas, still at.the club, much to.my amazement, baffles me.

Maybe he's got a option to.manage in.his contract.
Shanks Forever
LFC Basic Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:16 am

I have not seen any links with juve or ac Milan red. And to be honest I don't get your point. Only juve at this stage are a good side. I am not saying the other 2 aren't great clubs. But they don't have great players now so I wouldn't describe them as the cream at this moment in time. Anyway like I said I actually like Lucas and wouldn't sell him at the moment. He's done a great job and is needed for the rest of the season.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby The_Rock » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:48 pm

What a player..... He has really stabilised our midfield which composes our defenders. Mignolet is also looking that much better.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Shanks Forever » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:36 am

The_Rock » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:48 pm wrote:What a player......

I wouldn't go that far.
Shanks Forever
LFC Basic Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion