LUCAS LEIVA - OFFICIAL THREAD

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:11 am

Ben Patrick » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:16 am wrote:I have not seen any links with juve or ac Milan red. And to be honest I don't get your point. Only juve at this stage are a good side. I am not saying the other 2 aren't great clubs. But they don't have great players now so I wouldn't describe them as the cream at this moment in time. Anyway like I said I actually like Lucas and wouldn't sell him at the moment. He's done a great job and is needed for the rest of the season.

Milan and Napoli are apparently interested ,and to be honest I didn't get the reason for your mirth at my suggesting Inter where still seen as one of the most
successful teams in Italian football ,thus my citing them as the cream of Italian football.... So that leaves us  both equally as puzzled !
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:37 pm

I think your post was trying to indicate that the best sides in serie a are in for him. Inter while having a great history are not that. They are poor and mid table. That was my point.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:57 pm

Ben Patrick » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:37 pm wrote:I think your post was trying to indicate that the best sides in serie a are in for him. Inter while having a great history are not that. They are poor and mid table. That was my point.

My post was a 'tongue firmly in cheek' translation of Rodgers sound bite regarding Lucas, Ben ,I didn't expect to be dragged up on the authenticity of its content.
So that's the point I'm trying to make fella.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:01 pm

Apparently Lucas wants out...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:44 pm

maguskwt » Jan 19th, '15, 16:01 wrote:Apparently Lucas wants out...

He does want to leave, and its because of BR who had shafted him, but because of injuries to others, BR had no other options but to recall him.

Both Inter and Napoli have interest in him, and either one of those clubs  would have taken him on loan this January.  Inter is Lucas's preference, for whatever reason, he does not want to go to Napoli. Lucas's represatives did negotiate a deal that would have seen him move to Inter permanently, but this was rejected by LFC, and also, Inter were also trying to negotiate a deal with another player which required FIFA approval, and partly because of the complications around this, Inter dropped their interest.

Another offer may come in  for Lucas but they feel that LFC have messed around, hence they haven't  made another offer, yet.  They are also looking a Mario Suarez of AM.

Btw, Gremio are also interested, but that looks like a non starter. You never no Napoli may come in again with an offer.......If Inter doesn't work out, his reps may talk to AM and Arsenal about a possble move to one of those clubs.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:49 pm

maguskwt » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:01 pm wrote:Apparently Lucas wants out...

Where did you hear that mate?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:49 pm

We really need to keep hold of Lucas, he's the player that we want to lose the least at the moment. I wouldn't be surprised if he wants to leave, and rightly so IMO, but Brendan needs to sit him down and tell him just how important he is to the team. Lucas always struck me as the type of character that will always stick by the club no matter what, so if he's told that we really can't afford to lose him at the moment I think he'll forget about leaving.

I couldn't count how many times he broke up play today, probably around 15 or more, either by tackle or interception. Not just in our half of the pitch either, but in theirs as well, often stopping a crucial counter attack. It's just a shame that he's average or below average at everything else, would have been a heck of a player otherwise.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:59 pm

damjan193 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:49 pm wrote:We really need to keep hold of Lucas, he's the player that we want to lose the least at the moment. I wouldn't be surprised if he wants to leave, and rightly so IMO, but Brendan needs to sit him down and tell him just how important he is to the team. Lucas always struck me as the type of character that will always stick by the club no matter what, so if he's told that we really can't afford to lose him at the moment I think he'll forget about leaving.

I couldn't count how many times he broke up play today, probably around 15 or more, either by tackle or interception. Not just in our half of the pitch either, but in theirs as well, often stopping a crucial counter attack. It's just a shame that he's average or below average at everything else, would have been a heck of a player otherwise.

People have been raving about Matic all season but Lucas just handed him his @rse tonight, he was outstanding away at Madrid playing in a scratch side too, he is criminally under rated by some of our fans.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby NorfolkRed » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:47 pm

its no coincidence that our improved form has coincided with Lucas returning to the starting 11
NorfolkRed

Postby maguskwt » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:40 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:49 pm wrote:
maguskwt » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:01 pm wrote:Apparently Lucas wants out...

Where did you hear that mate?

http://www.espnfc.com/story/2252315/luc ... ks-sources

and several other sources...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:42 pm

NorfolkRed » Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:47 pm wrote:its no coincidence that our improved form has coincided with Lucas returning to the starting 11

I wouldn't simply put it down to just Lucas returning to the starting 11. We played terribly previously with Lucas as well. I would say it's a combination of the formation and the way he fits the formation...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:07 pm

maguskwt » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:42 pm wrote:
NorfolkRed » Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:47 pm wrote:its no coincidence that our improved form has coincided with Lucas returning to the starting 11

I wouldn't simply put it down to just Lucas returning to the starting 11. We played terribly previously with Lucas as well. I would say it's a combination of the formation and the way he fits the formation...

Yes we did play poor with him but that was when he was paired with SG, he needs a more mobile partner like Hendo or Can alongside him.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:55 pm

Well, Reps from inter will arrive in the next few days at LFC  to sort a deal out for Lucas. If the right offer is made, he'll be off this Jan.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:23 pm

Kash_Mountain » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:55 pm wrote:Well, Reps from inter will arrive in the next few days at LFC  to sort a deal out for Lucas. If the right offer is made, he'll be off this Jan.

I don't think the club will let him go, not before the summer anyway, Rodgers has already said as much.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:29 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Jan 22nd, '15, 19:23 wrote:
Kash_Mountain » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:55 pm wrote:Well, Reps from inter will arrive in the next few days at LFC  to sort a deal out for Lucas. If the right offer is made, he'll be off this Jan.

I don't think the club will let him go, not before the summer anyway, Rodgers has already said as much.

You can't believe everything BR says (he's become very good at misleading the fans with his comments during interviews/Press Conferences)!  Anyway, believe it or not, if the right offer is made, he will be off. Additionally, Lucas wants to go, the reason is mostly because of BR.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion