LUCAS LEIVA - OFFICIAL THREAD

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:32 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:47 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:20 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:39 pm wrote:So much more competent than Gerrard,and his enforced absence from a struggling team has been nothing short of an enigma !

its always about gerrard with you RBG  :nod
all you want to see is him out of the side but yet will not say a word against the muppet that keeps picking him every week. just because he has the cajones to drop him once don't mean he will continue to do so and those big gonads he has will be put back in his pocket for the chelsea game.
gerrard is less of a problem than the manager but somehow you fail to see that.

Such a keen eye for observation ,but then I've hardly shrouded it in mystery now have I ? ....I have a very pertinent question fella ,do you watch Gerrards
performances through a kaleidoscope ?  :D

Steven, while being past it, and not being first team material is not as bad as you and yakka make out...

But more to the point... who picks the team? It isn't me or red till I die...

The point is why do you not question the man who picks such a bad player every week and has completely failed to manage him properly and plays him every single week? As well as wasting £200,000,000 quid... look a that figure Red, £200,000,000
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:21 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:47 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:20 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:39 pm wrote:So much more competent than Gerrard,and his enforced absence from a struggling team has been nothing short of an enigma !

its always about gerrard with you RBG  :nod
all you want to see is him out of the side but yet will not say a word against the muppet that keeps picking him every week. just because he has the cajones to drop him once don't mean he will continue to do so and those big gonads he has will be put back in his pocket for the chelsea game.
gerrard is less of a problem than the manager but somehow you fail to see that.

Such a keen eye for observation ,but then I've hardly shrouded it in mystery now have I ? ....I have a very pertinent question fella ,do you watch Gerrards
performances through a kaleidoscope ?  :D

My Kaleidoscope give's many more angles than those jam jar glasses you wear. We are on an even keel seen as your jars have 3" thick bottoms and still have some strawberry jam left in them  :D
Its obvious he shouldn't be playing every week and FWIW I do see his faults but don't view him as the root of our problems. Rodgers is steaming ahead in that race.
He is the one who picks him, builds the side around him, Idolizes him, Possibly could be afraid of him as well and might not know what to do without him if he leaves. How Gerrard is at fault for any of this is again something I fail to grasp.
Maybe you could pass those jar's up along the side to Brendan so he can also see those same shapes you do  :D
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:17 am

red till i die!! » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:21 pm wrote:

My Kaleidoscope give's many more angles than those jam jar glasses you wear. We are on an even keel seen as your jars have 3" thick bottoms and still have some strawberry jam left in them  :D
Its obvious he shouldn't be playing every week and FWIW I do see his faults but don't view him as the root of our problems. Rodgers is steaming ahead in that race.
He is the one who picks him, builds the side around him, Idolizes him, Possibly could be afraid of him as well and might not know what to do without him if he leaves. How Gerrard is at fault for any of this is again something I fail to grasp.
Maybe you could pass those jar's up along the side to Brendan so he can also see those same shapes you do  :D

If you had been  inclined to read any of my posts with a degree of intelligence ,you would have ascertained my bemusement with Rodgers insistence on perpetually
playing Gerrard ,and how I perceived  it as being detrimental to the team and the longevity of the managers career ,what also amuses me is this terminal tunnel
vision posters have in regards to Gerrards apparent love for Liverpool football club .... On the subject of 'shapes' maybe if Gerrard threw a few whilst on the pitch
instead of ambling in front of our defence ,providing the same amount of cover as a flannel after a shower then I might be inclined to concur with our decline being nothing to do with his inclusion.

In conclusion at least wearing jam jars affords the wearer a shard of light.  :D Now can we get this thread back on track ,before its viewed as 'derailment' ?
Lucas ,and how posters would do well to remember the importance placed on a player with the propensity to proffer a tackle once and a while.  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:20 am

What bothers me about Lucas isn't the effort he puts in, nor his ability/lack of. But wasn't he deemed surplus to requirements? Thankfully he never left because if he had then we'd be short a midfielder. If BR wanted him out, shouldn't he have a replacement lined up first?
Lucas never rocks the boat (so far as I know), he works hard, seems happy at the club and is a better DM than Gerrard, and so I'm not yelling to be rid of him.
I'm just confused by the clubs organisation and why an 'unneeded' player keeps getting games. Had we actually planned accordingly, Lucas would have left or been demoted to the reserves, and we'd be talking now about the guy who replaced him, a guy with a future at the club.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:01 pm

RedAnt » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:20 am wrote:What bothers me about Lucas isn't the effort he puts in, nor his ability/lack of. But wasn't he deemed surplus to requirements? Thankfully he never left because if he had then we'd be short a midfielder. If BR wanted him out, shouldn't he have a replacement lined up first?
Lucas never rocks the boat (so far as I know), he works hard, seems happy at the club and is a better DM than Gerrard, and so I'm not yelling to be rid of him.
I'm just confused by the clubs organisation and why an 'unneeded' player keeps getting games. Had we actually planned accordingly, Lucas would have left or been demoted to the reserves, and we'd be talking now about the guy who replaced him, a guy with a future at the club.

Talk about 'contradictory' ,its almost like you're arguing with yourself in that post.  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:11 pm

Well, I guess it looks contradictory. Just a mild bout of the scitzo's :D

But no, I don't see how it's contradictory. I was under the impression Lucas was leaving/not in BR's plans. I've not heard anything to the contrary. Right now we need him. You know the team better than me. Is there no one in the academy who could be having a go instead of Lucas? If he wasn't required, why was no one brought in to take his place, thus cementing the 'not needed' thing? I've said elsewhere it can only be detrimental to squad morale, especially at the "up n coming" level to overlooked for a player like Lucas and in some eyes, Gerrard.
RedAnt

Postby ballotelliman » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:44 pm

lucas plays better when he has a run of games same as lambert its not fair to diss them both wen they do play.
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby eds » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:39 am

FFS Lucas and Lambert are rubbish.

They should be nowhere near our starting XI let alone "given a run of games" to get them going.  :laugh:

Where are all these drongos coming from?  :no
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:39 pm

Identity now confirmed ....Its Alf Stewart !

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:20 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:39 pm wrote:Identity now confirmed ....Its Alf Stewart !

I laughed out loud :D
RedAnt

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:21 pm

Liverpool midfielder Lucas Leiva claims Napoli are still interested in signing him

The Serie A outfit, who are managed by Rafael Benitez - the Head Coach who originally signed Lucas for Liverpool, reportedly enquired about his available over the summer.

Despite Napoli’s need for a holding midfielder, a deal was never struck, but with Lucas out of favour at Liverpool this season, he is seemingly open to making a switch and suggests the Partenopei are still keen on finding an agreement.

“Over the summer there was interest from Napoli, along with other clubs,” he told newspaper Lancenet.

“Benítez has again asked to sign me. My objective for now is to play consistently. We’ll see in future.”

Lucas started Liverpool’s 1-0 defeat to Real Madrid on Tuesday, but has featured just seven times in all competitions so far this term.

http://www.sambafoot.com/en/news/65980_liverpool_midfielder_lucas_leiva_claims_napoli_are_still_interested_in_signing_him.html

Even Lawrenson ,a pundit who has pilloried Lucas in the past, has stated  today that the lad  should start more games ,at least while we're clearly struggling .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:04 pm

Lucas should start more games. Not because he's good, but because we didn't bring in anyone else for the position. I agree that Gerrard doesn't fit and Lucas is a better choice for that specific position. But for a DM he gives an awful lot of dangerous free kicks away and is usually playing on a yellow card so can't get stuck in like a ball winner should.
RedAnt

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:37 pm

RedAnt » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:04 pm wrote:Lucas should start more games. Not because he's good, but because we didn't bring in anyone else for the position. I agree that Gerrard doesn't fit and Lucas is a better choice for that specific position. But for a DM he gives an awful lot of dangerous free kicks away and is usually playing on a yellow card so can't get stuck in like a ball winner should.

I disagree ,Lucas needs to be brought in post haste, because he is the only player at the club who can specifically provide protection for our much beleaguered back
four in a role that comes natural to him, and in a position he has significant experience in playing. Lucas may not be the most popular player on forums ,but seriously
when have you ever seen Lucas shirk a tackle or let an opponents midfield play through him when he's been deployed shielding the back four ? Henderson also has a
propensity to pick up  needless yellows, because its the crutch a combative midfielder must carry if he's intent on consistently breaking up play.

I mean, are you seriously saying that as a defensive midfielder and a player tasked with quelling an opponents attacking threat that garnering  yellow cards is a reason
not to play ?
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:52 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:37 pm wrote:
RedAnt » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:04 pm wrote:Lucas should start more games. Not because he's good, but because we didn't bring in anyone else for the position. I agree that Gerrard doesn't fit and Lucas is a better choice for that specific position. But for a DM he gives an awful lot of dangerous free kicks away and is usually playing on a yellow card so can't get stuck in like a ball winner should.

I disagree ,Lucas needs to be brought in post haste, because he is the only player at the club who can specifically provide protection for our much beleaguered back
four in a role that comes natural to him, and in a position he has significant experience in playing. Lucas may not be the most popular player on forums ,but seriously
when have you ever seen Lucas shirk a tackle or let an opponents midfield play through him when he's been deployed shielding the back four ? Henderson also has a
propensity to pick up  needless yellows, because its the crutch a combative midfielder must carry if he's intent on consistently breaking up play.

I mean, are you seriously saying that as a defensive midfielder and a player tasked with quelling an opponents attacking threat that garnering  yellow cards is a reason
not to play ?

Of course in a combative match yellows will be picked up. But Lucas seems clumsy and to make poor decisions. Not too many seasons back we had Mascherano playing in this position. And Xabi. I don't question Lucas' spirit or commitment, nor do I hate the guy. My doubts are more aimed at BR who didn't want Lucas. Books have to be balanced, but why, if Lucas isn't wanted, was nobody brought in with the quality to suit our aspirations and Lucas either become a decent squad player or feel more inclined to move on?
Whilst Lucas may be the best midfielder in the squad for the role I believe that is more due to lack of squad depth and quality than due to Lucas' ability.
To summarise... If we want to compete in the PL, we need a better DM than anyone currently in the squad. We already knew that awhile ago. Just waiting for BR to twig.
RedAnt

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:23 pm

RedAnt » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:52 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:37 pm wrote:

not to play ?

Of course in a combative match yellows will be picked up. But Lucas seems clumsy and to make poor decisions. Not too many seasons back we had Mascherano playing in this position. And Xabi. I don't question Lucas' spirit or commitment, nor do I hate the guy. My doubts are more aimed at BR who didn't want Lucas. Books have to be balanced, but why, if Lucas isn't wanted, was nobody brought in with the quality to suit our aspirations and Lucas either become a decent squad player or feel more inclined to move on?
Whilst Lucas may be the best midfielder in the squad for the role I believe that is more due to lack of squad depth and quality than due to Lucas' ability.
To summarise... If we want to compete in the PL, we need a better DM than anyone currently in the squad. We already knew that awhile ago. Just waiting for BR to twig.

Whether Lucas should have been moved on is irrelevant to the debate ,this is pertaining to the players we currently have in our ranks who can apply themselves to a
position of such importance and a role that is causing some serious consternation amongst the fans ..... We need Lucas ,a player with all the workmanlike  attributes
to perform that role perfectly. 

I said last season when Gerrard' was handed the role by Rodgers as his  supposed 'reinvention' that it was a position he simply doesn't possess the legs or the intensity
to play and it would have serious repercussions on the club and our future as a progressive football team..... Its only now that people can finally see how inept he
is in a role given his age he is simply not designed for.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion