Long term members

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ivor_the_injun » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:05 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:Thats exactly what I meant.

People who tidy up when on, nothing more.

I suggested it about 18months ago.

No need to label these people as a moderator, they can be covert, but htey just move threads to the relevant area.

Otherwise this place should just have one discussion area for everything.

I'm more than happy to get involved with a bit of tidying up on the kind of level Leon's talking about. I'm not on here as much as some are, and pretty much only read the General and Rumour Mill sections, but every little helps as far as I'm concerned.
ivor_the_injun

Postby bigmick » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:20 pm

i actually think you'd make a good moderator Ivor to be honest. I think Leon would too and I'm not joking either. Most of the people who post regularly and have been here over eighteen months or so should get to have a go at it I reckon.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:23 pm

Ta for saying so.

I couldn't be a*sed with any of the PM squabbles that inevitably come with it, but moving things along to the rumour mill, locking, correcting ridiculous typos in topic names (which winds me up like you wouldn't f*cking believe :D ), general neatening up - I'd definitely be up for that.
ivor_the_injun

Postby Sabre » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:15 pm

I agree bigmick and ivor when he says that every help is welcome. I'd be happy with him both as a mod or thread cleaner.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:19 pm

Sabre wrote:I agree bigmick and ivor when he says that every help is welcome. I'd be happy with him both as a mod or thread cleaner.

He's not cleaning my threads :D
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:06 pm

I'd like Manhattan as a mod too. He's already powerful and mighty so receiving those moderation tools is nothing when he can nuke the bad poster's house if required. He's been long in the forum, he has the "Manhattan sources" to know everything is happening, and he never enter fights with other members unless they defend Maradona too much, and even then, he's been polite with other members.

Manhattan for mod!!
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:17 pm

Have to say I love Manhattan's posts. He says very little, but what he does say almost always makes me laugh. :D
ivor_the_injun

Postby bigmick » Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:45 pm

His post in one of the rumour threads yesterday about somebody who was moaning getting "slapped like the woman in Airplane" had me spluttering coffee over the keyboard.  :D
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:45 pm

thats it, i've had it...i'm starting my own forum  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Keris » Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:18 am

bigmick wrote:His post in one of the rumour threads yesterday about somebody who was moaning getting "slapped like the woman in Airplane" had me spluttering coffee over the keyboard.  :D

again bigmick???  :no :D
Keris
LFC Super Member

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:20 am

Keris wrote:
bigmick wrote:His post in one of the rumour threads yesterday about somebody who was moaning getting "slapped like the woman in Airplane" had me spluttering coffee over the keyboard.  :D

again bigmick???  :no :D

Had the same thought...how much coffee do you drink, Mick?  I'd say switch to decaf but you're pretty chilled as it is! :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby mungi » Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:15 am

just remeber that you too started as a newbie, people who are new should still be able to express their opinion no matter what.
mungi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:41 am

mungi wrote:just remeber that you too started as a newbie, people who are new should still be able to express their opinion no matter what.

I totally agree. Unless it's total b0ll0cks of course.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:43 am

Bad Bob wrote:again bigmick???  :no :D

Come to think of it that's probably why my computers dodgy. The keyboard is that clogged up with coffee I've splurted over it as a result of reading Manhattans posts that half the keys stick together   :D
Non predictability never was my forte. Now, did I ever tell you my thoughts on rotation?
Last edited by bigmick on Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:45 am

mungi wrote:just remeber that you too started as a newbie, people who are new should still be able to express their opinion no matter what.

I'm a strong believer in the "the newbies must be protected" idea, and have defended newbies more than once.

However, I disagree the "no matter what" part. IMO a forum like this is to read first, and then give an opinion about the topic you've read. So if a newbie comes, doesn't read a long discussion, and goes directly to the new thread button to state he's worried because Alonso hasn't signed yet, or that he's worried because we haven't signed anyone, that newbie must be reminded that he should read what's being written first.

I think that's the kind of thing me and some of my mates criticise from SOME newbies. We all have been newbies as you say, but I can assure you the likes of Bad Bob didn't do such countless repeated thread rumours, and when we did a mistake -we all have and we all do now- we were pointed out aswell.
Last edited by Sabre on Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion