Long term members

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby DAV » Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:48 pm

I  have been registered on this forum for years now, I hardley ever post anymore. I also see alot of the old names don't either. Get the forum back to proper football talk. Numerous posts on here should be in rumour mill. For example.
The posts on Henry joining us are funny but in the wrong place. whats more amusing is that some people believe it.
Also, banter is cool but alot of people take it to far.
Sort things out moderators
Last edited by DAV on Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:08 pm

I have to agree that.

But it's not only the "refs" fault, we players also have to defend fair play and help them in their task.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:17 pm

yep, every thread on here about a player maybe joining us is justa  rumour. this bit should be for liverpool. whats here now, what we want with the club. individual rumours are just that, rumours. also, most threads being spoilt by in house spats isnt helping.

we need some of the old timers back, but im just hoping that come kick off time things may get back to normal a bit more.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:18 pm

If the people want the threads preening then there needs to be more moderators on here.

There needs to be enough so that there is a moderator on here almost continuous. 24/7 moderation.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stoney » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:20 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:If the people want the threads preening then there needs to be more moderators on here.

There needs to be enough so that there is a moderator on here almost continuous. 24/7 moderation.

Are you putting yourself up for mod Leon?  :D
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:24 pm

stoney wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:If the people want the threads preening then there needs to be more moderators on here.

He'd be a better mod than me.

I guess he'd have a heavier moderation standard as in a thread that is not Liverpool football club related would end up closed earlier, but I could live with that.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:28 pm

Sabre wrote:
stoney wrote:

He'd be a better mod than me.

I guess he'd have a heavier moderation standard as in a thread that is not Liverpool football club related would end up closed earlier, but I could live with that.

no offence but dom hughes would be better than you  :p

(kidding!!!)

yeah, what we need are like jnr supervisors who just clean up, move things to where they should be, but do not actually say anything in moddish...
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:31 pm

yeah, what we need are like jnr supervisors who just clean up, move things to where they should be, but do not actually say anything in moddish...

Some sort of garbage collectors then. :) Well, I also think that would help the health of the forum.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:38 pm

I think the laissez-faire attitude of the mod's is one of the main reasons people join.

Having said that, the junk that pops up particularly on the general discussion part of the forum is annoying, transfer rumour should be confined to the transfer rumour part.

But that is part of the time of year, I presume post season has always been like this?
LFC2007

Postby adamnbarrett » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:59 pm

Yes it is. It's silly season. Happens every year.

As for me, I'll be posting more next weeks because my exams finish then.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:01 pm

It's an interesting one this thing about more moderators. There are currently four so how many more would you need? If more are needed then people should put their hands up and have a go. Maybe we should make it a prerequisite because kind of like working in a bar where you suddently realise what a pain it is to serve rude people and modify your behaviour accordingly, you learn a lot when doing a bit of modding too.

I've also got to say I don't necessarily agree with Dav that the old timers don't post on here so much because of too many rumour threads in Gen Chat, it's more often than not because of a spat it seems to me (as seems to be the case with Stu the Red and Ciggy). Also, if there weren't transfer rumours in here at the moment, and everything is a rumour really until it actually happens (player pictured with scarf at Anfield, "I 'ave sappurted Leeverpool ever a since I was a jang boy" etc etc) then there wouldn't be anything much to talk about. In answer to LFC2007's point, it is always like this close season in my memory. Perhaps when we do actualy sign someone, people can discuss him/them for a while.

At the end of the day though, the mods job should be a five minute add-on to his normal posting but it isn't. It should be just a quick point here and there to make people think "ah fair enough maybe I was a bit out of order there" and usually it is. There are occasions though when spats drag on and on, and although often the actual people involved enjoy a bit of rough and tumble it can take over the whole forum and we start getting Pm's from people, or in Dav's case a general point telling the mod's to sort it out. 'Course we then try and sort it out and end up falling out with the perpatrators  :D

It's not as easy as it should be, and nowhere near as enjoyable either. I was kind of asked and did it not because of any ego thing but because I thought I'd do my bit for the forum, as after all I spend plenty of time on here (too much if you asked the missus's point of view) and felt it was time to give a bit back. I have considered it for a while though, and Dav's "sort it out moderators" kind of puts into perspective where I think as a group we haven't come up to the mark. I sympathise when people say the modding ain't up to it, but by the same time I think after the first few "getting to know you" weeks, people should be able to practically moderate themselves (lets face it we are a Liverpool supporters forum, not a Tourette's syndrome support group). Alas though, it isn't always the case. I've had a six month go at the job, and while I'm OK with carrying on for a while, if likely candidates can be found I'm more than OK with stepping aside as well.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:33 pm

I'm grateful to your modship and your contribution as a poster, despite we agree or disagree, I appreciate your contribution a lot.

At the end of the day though, the mods job should be a five minute add-on to his normal posting but it isn't. It should be just a quick point here and there to make people think "ah fair enough maybe I was a bit out of order there" and usually it is. There are occasions though when spats drag on and on, and although often the actual people involved enjoy a bit of rough and tumble it can take over the whole forum and we start getting Pm's from people, or in Dav's case a general point telling the mod's to sort it out. 'Course we then try and sort it out and end up falling out with the perpatrators

There's nothing more passionate and difficult to ref than a football match. I go to a small summer village in La Rioja many summers, and once I decided to accept to ref a local match against some guys of another equally small and irrelevant village. It was an amateur match, so what the fúck? I ref at home (the people of the village know me well).

I started the match and by min 10 I had to change the ref standards from neutral to slightly biased to the local team, as I couldn't really grasp the rivalry towards the other village guys and all-life friends were absolutely outraged by my decissions. By min 35 I was an absolutelly local team biased ref. Yes I had the other village guys with their face close to my face, but better 11 enemies than 800  :D

Equally, modship is not easy and nobody will be satisfied with some decissions. There are times in football though, when there are fights over a pitch, that the ref reaches and shows a yellow to each player. That way he doesn't give the reason to any of the sides, no one can say you're taking sides, and is a strong warning  to end the fight. It's just a suggestion, I have big deal of respect to your modship Bigmick.
Last edited by Sabre on Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:37 pm

it has all gone pear shaped since bigmick took up modship tho :;):

nah, being a mod looks like a right kunt of a job. id never do it. too much hassle. i commend the people who do the job, but dont blame them if they get the @rse sometimes
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stoney » Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:51 pm

wheres jmac been hiding? :D
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redtrader74 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:53 pm

I guess without the rumours there would not be a lot to talk about, especially between the end of the season and the signings. I think a lot of spats etc. have been down to totally unsubstatianted rumour threads, this is when i personally would like them moved.

Disagreements should be allowed to continue as long as the protagonists keep the majority of the posts to the original point if they can remember! Overmoderating would be like overrotation (Mick!), we'd all lose enthusiasm fast. In my short time here i have found the forum enjoyable, informative and infuriating, which i guess it should be, and the moderating in the background, again as it should.

This must be the, as had been said, 'silly season' we are all bored and craving information and a little on edge, roll on the signings and the new season.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion