Long term members

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Judge » Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:50 pm

bigmick wrote:It's an interesting one this thing about more moderators. There are currently four so how many more would you need? If more are needed then people should put their hands up and have a go. Maybe we should make it a prerequisite because kind of like working in a bar where you suddently realise what a pain it is to serve rude people and modify your behaviour accordingly, you learn a lot when doing a bit of modding too.

I've also got to say I don't necessarily agree with Dav that the old timers don't post on here so much because of too many rumour threads in Gen Chat, it's more often than not because of a spat it seems to me (as seems to be the case with Stu the Red and Ciggy). Also, if there weren't transfer rumours in here at the moment, and everything is a rumour really until it actually happens (player pictured with scarf at Anfield, "I 'ave sappurted Leeverpool ever a since I was a jang boy" etc etc) then there wouldn't be anything much to talk about. In answer to LFC2007's point, it is always like this close season in my memory. Perhaps when we do actualy sign someone, people can discuss him/them for a while.

At the end of the day though, the mods job should be a five minute add-on to his normal posting but it isn't. It should be just a quick point here and there to make people think "ah fair enough maybe I was a bit out of order there" and usually it is. There are occasions though when spats drag on and on, and although often the actual people involved enjoy a bit of rough and tumble it can take over the whole forum and we start getting Pm's from people, or in Dav's case a general point telling the mod's to sort it out. 'Course we then try and sort it out and end up falling out with the perpatrators  :D

It's not as easy as it should be, and nowhere near as enjoyable either. I was kind of asked and did it not because of any ego thing but because I thought I'd do my bit for the forum, as after all I spend plenty of time on here (too much if you asked the missus's point of view) and felt it was time to give a bit back. I have considered it for a while though, and Dav's "sort it out moderators" kind of puts into perspective where I think as a group we haven't come up to the mark. I sympathise when people say the modding ain't up to it, but by the same time I think after the first few "getting to know you" weeks, people should be able to practically moderate themselves (lets face it we are a Liverpool supporters forum, not a Tourette's syndrome support group). Alas though, it isn't always the case. I've had a six month go at the job, and while I'm OK with carrying on for a while, if likely candidates can be found I'm more than OK with stepping aside as well.

replying mods would be a novelty, eh mick  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wee_boi888 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:52 pm

I signed up to this forum back when JBG was Mod. Was a LONG time ago. What appealed to me about this board was the it was kind of laid back but with its fair share of serious posts too. I've always been more of a reader than a poster, because if there was no comment worth adding, there is no point saying 'oh yes i agree'...especially to some of the most obvious and stupid comments - and whatever I had was 'new', it would have been said by Ciggy or Stu, so I basically didn't post much.

Furthermore, the rediculing of stupid users was hilarious. Ie. 'will we beat blackpool', 'I think yes, what about you?'
and yes St. Mick, I remember when all our transfer rumours were in 'Welsh Wizzard's Wonderful World of W*nk'

Now I come to the board, and the topics are well...boll0cks. We have a whole section for transfer rumours, and just one thread is enough to talk about our frustrations with RP and the slowness of transfer dealings (BUT WE ARENT EVEN IN JULY FFS), or who our ideal signings are.

LFC#1 is right when the amount of footballing topics have declined since Stu left. He may be a tad racist, and a tad stubborn, but usually he discusses valid points and backs them up. But at least we talk about Liverpool and Football. Nowadays we don't see posts longer than 10 words. We need someone controversial to stir conversation up. I also feel if that if mods do a proper clean up, it will just look like RAWK minus whenever Tompkins posts something worthwhile reading (which is getting rarer nowadays). This board will look barren and empty.

In the end I guess with a bit more strict moderating (but I don't mean being a moderator nazi), the forum will attract better posters, and the n00bs will realise what to post and where to post. I mean, Liverpool Madman (the 'I think yes, what about you' guy) left after a while didn't he.

Rant Over.
Last edited by wee_boi888 on Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wee_boi888
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:02 pm

LFC #1 wrote:Footy Discussion has got worse since the end of the season and since Stu left. FACT.

Like him or not he gets some cracking discussion and debate going.

WTF I thought he came back? Ive lost count now on the number of times that lad gets banned.

But your right he knows his football and a lot of people on here (myslef included) can take a lot from what he has to offer.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:06 pm

stu isn't banned, he's got four warnings. five warrants a ban.

he obviusly chooses not to post here out of choice.

agree on scotts point though. agree with him or not, he's undoubtedly one of the best footy posters on here.

get a clue the lot of ya.  :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby tubby » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:09 pm

Get some garbage collectors  :D
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:22 pm

maybe stu's taking anger management classes. he is a good poster, but also a prize t.wat to boot.

every year in the off season (yank?) we say its gone downhill, things will get better. maybe. :cool:
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:49 pm

stmichael wrote:stu isn't banned, he's got four warnings. five warrants a ban.

he obviusly chooses not to post here out of choice.

agree on scotts point though. agree with him or not, he's undoubtedly one of the best footy posters on here.

get a clue the lot of ya.  :D

Well, haven't said a word about that but I did ask him a month ago why he didn't post any more.

According to him, he received a fifth card, then it was removed, received a note about his posting permission removed, but once the card was removed  he couldn't post. He hasn't bothered to ask it to be sorted. That's his version of the story anyway, I didn't ask the mods whether if that's true or it's a mistake of the system as I assumed once he wants to come back he'll ask it to the mods.
Last edited by Sabre on Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:55 pm

stmichael wrote:agree on scotts point though. agree with him or not, he's undoubtedly one of the best footy posters on here.

& the biggest tw@t.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ade » Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:15 pm

Agree with Ciggy, if Stu's level of debate is what we're missing then god help this site. Lobbing spit-wiped hand grenades at anyone who disagrees with him isn't what this board is lacking.

Overall, it's still my 2nd site, after RAWK. Yep, the newbies are a bit wet behind the ears, and the posting in mobile text speak is :censored: to read, but be reasonable people, it's close season. WTF else are we gonna talk about besides transfers and hopes for next year?

Time the Villa build-up starts things will be looking rosy again. But, yeah, in the meantime it wouldn't hurt the mods to squash the silly little spats that can ruin a whole page of a debate.
Ade
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redsince2001 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:18 pm

lion sick but not dieeeeeeeeeee :D  :D
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby lakes10 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:02 pm

100% too much rumour on here, they should all be put in one section.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hunterz » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:06 pm

Moderating forum is difficult,alot of work and not paid for it..Therefore I salute the moderator for your "sacrifice" :D
hunterz

Postby BOODIDDY » Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:18 am

it pisses me off that new members come on here and post one liners or a couple of words. Too many are coming on here and starting stupid fights with the good posters.

Everything is mainly rumour. We used to have our friday five, good thought out posts, questions about liverpools real history etc. Now, its just woolnough style :censored: journalism.

I must admit i get sick of most days on here due to the "kiddy" like posting.
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fat maradona » Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:18 pm

BOODIDDY wrote:I must admit i get sick of most days on here due to the "kiddy" like posting.

Oh excuse me, you the hell made you the only intellect on here?  :angry:
fat maradona

Postby Igor Zidane » Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:23 pm

fat maradona wrote:
BOODIDDY wrote:I must admit i get sick of most days on here due to the "kiddy" like posting.

Oh excuse me, you the hell made you the only intellect on here?  :angry:

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh: feckin hardcase newbies , don't yer just love em.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion