LIVERPOOL VS WIGAN ATHLETIC - Match thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby tonyeh » Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:43 pm

Don't know how Liverpool keep pulling it off ???

Wigan deserved to win that game. They were the better team by far and I was really impressed by Zaki. MoM for me.

Riera played his socks off, proving his worth again and Dirk Kuyt..good for him. Best game I've seen him play for a long, long time.

But, my god, does Agger look rusty. In fairness though, it was Reina's fault for the goal. He should never have made that pass out.

Liverpool seriously need to get a result against Chelsea next week. I don't think they're going to lose 4 games this year and they're GD is climibing away.

Joint top is still 2nd place.
tonyeh

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:33 pm

Reg wrote:Kuyt's confidence is sky high, opponents ignore him at your peril.

I am made up for the lad, how many late winners is it now ? AND he is the only Liverpool player to score in the first half this season as well.

Still frustrates me to fk though  :D
Last edited by account deleted by request on Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby Number 9 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:41 pm

s@int wrote:
Reg wrote:Kuyt's confidence is sky high, opponents ignore him at your peril.

I am made up for the lad, how many late winners is it now ? AND he is the only Liverpool player to score in the first half this season as well.

Still frustrates me to fk though  :D

I fuc'king love the lad!! :buttrock
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby OneHotRed » Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:53 pm

tonyeh wrote:Don't know how Liverpool keep pulling it off ???

Wigan deserved to win that game. They were the better team by far and I was really impressed by Zaki. MoM for me.

Riera played his socks off, proving his worth again and Dirk Kuyt..good for him. Best game I've seen him play for a long, long time.

But, my god, does Agger look rusty. In fairness though, it was Reina's fault for the goal. He should never have made that pass out.

Liverpool seriously need to get a result against Chelsea next week. I don't think they're going to lose 4 games this year and they're GD is climibing away.

you didnt see agger asking Reina for the ball then? then fooking it up by being too slow to react ?

SOrry but your wrong on that one.

Wigan were the better side till the man was sent off though, i'll agree there!
OneHotRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:07 pm

tonyeh wrote:Don't know how Liverpool keep pulling it off ???

That's what this place needs - a positive mental attitude... :no

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby OneHotRed » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:13 pm

NO WAY - Lando I just agreed with you :(
OneHotRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jedwards » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:19 pm

Agger is a young lad, and he would learn from this bad mistake. Over all the team did not play well at all, the balance was not right, and the team needs a massive improvement to get at least a draw against Chelsea next Sunday???
jedwards

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:38 pm

Another rabbit out of the hat on a day where the overall performance was well below what we're capable of.  I'll save the post-mortem recriminations for another time.  At the moment, I'm savouring another crucial victory and trying to come to terms with the fact that I'm starting to expect us to pull it out late on in games like this now.  WTF's up with that? :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:47 pm

Oh, and nice, progressive subs by Rafa to go for the win.  Maybe not a tough call to take the two fullbacks off in this one given their respective performances but still... :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby skatesy » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:54 pm

For Chelsea we DEFINITELY need to go to a 4-2-3-1 with Mascherano and Alonso holding the midfield. Wigan spent the majority of the game bossing us off the ball, pressing us hard which was causing us to give the ball up easily or make a bad pass.
skatesy

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:54 pm

Bad Bob wrote:Oh, and nice, progressive subs by Rafa to go for the win.  Maybe not a tough call to take the two fullbacks off in this one given their respective performances but still... :D

I think it shows a different attitude tbh Bob. I cant remember a game (in the league) where we have had so many attacking players on before. No one could accuse Rafa of accepting a defeat , or thinking of the next CL match today mate.
account deleted by request

Postby Igor Zidane » Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:18 pm

For those who saw the game today ,how did El Zhar do when he came on ? He sounded pretty lively on the radio.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:23 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:For those who saw the game today ,how did El Zhar do when he came on ? He sounded pretty lively on the radio.

He done ok. His main contribution I guess was the assist to Riera for 2-2. Nice stepover and a quick pass.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:28 pm

i know one thing if this is how where going to win number 19 i dont think ill be around to see it :D , also thank fook we didnt sell Alonso :D
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby kunilson » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:28 pm

another heart stopping game......great comeback again. we showed our character against a team that were playing well.....

Alonso has :censored: off a lot of people out there? he has a bullseye on him for reckless challenges

El zhar did look lively when he came on, looked like he was going to produce something whenever he had the ball.....and love the way Rafa went for it with the substitutions.....another hard earned 3 points. we gotta make it easier for ourselves though.....

also, great performance by Kuyt, keep it up!
kunilson
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion