LIVERPOOL VS WIGAN ATHLETIC - Match thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LegBarnes » Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:29 pm

7_Kewell wrote:great result in what could have been a bad day at the office...what impresses me the most is the fact we don't overly rely on one player anymore. No Torres today...no problem.

The real test will come again Chelsea....if we win that i might start to believe we will challenge this year

Tbh I wouldn't count on a chavski win that much (by the way not saying we cant win).

Fact is long way to go and I feel as long as we can stay within 3 points of who ever is top come x-mas we have a massive chance since we seem to perform very well 2nd half of season.

We don't have to beat chavski but we do need to at least get 12/18 points vrs the top 4 games.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:30 pm

maguskwt wrote:
s@int wrote:TBH until the sending off we looked to be second best all over the pitch, but I think they were tiring even then, the sending off was just the final nail in their coffin.

We will need to up our game against Chelsea, but if we continue to show belief and determination like we have done I can't see why we can't get a result.

not really... they scored 2 goals but it was down to individual errors... we didn't play too bad... but we didnt' look too solid either...

I thought they were the better team in the first half .... we had the last 15 mins ... even though they scored during our best spell.

Second half I thought they still looked comfortable, but tiring until the sending off.

Yes the two goals they scored were our mistakes but they looked the better side for me.
account deleted by request

Postby Scottbot » Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:33 pm

Toffeehater wrote:At lease i have zaki in my team

Same as  :D
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:33 pm

Well done Dirk!
Strange everyone saying how well Pennant played, didnt see it myself but my stream was sh!t, maybe everytime it froze he went on a mazy run and set up a chance?
We really need to try and give Riera more of the ball.
Two more goals handed to the oppo, we need to sort that out. Agger looked rusty but looked good coming forward and was great in the first goal, just the type of play we missed last season.
Dossena was all over the place at the back, hit a couple of nice cross field balls to Arbeloa and Pennant but still below par.
A draw at Chelsea would now be a good result.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:36 pm

TBH , i would take a draw at chelsea right now
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:37 pm

Scottbot wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:At lease i have zaki in my team

Same as  :D

And me.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:37 pm

Peewee said he was a clown...Dirk Kuyt! Dirk Kuyt!
They always give him lots of sh*t... Dirk Kuyt! Dirk Kuyt!
He runs a hundred miles a game
and never tire out of the game
He's Liverpool's tireless don-key Dirk Kuyt is his name!
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:39 pm

LegBarnes wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:great result in what could have been a bad day at the office...what impresses me the most is the fact we don't overly rely on one player anymore. No Torres today...no problem.

The real test will come again Chelsea....if we win that i might start to believe we will challenge this year

Tbh I wouldn't count on a chavski win that much (by the way not saying we cant win).

Fact is long way to go and I feel as long as we can stay within 3 points of who ever is top come x-mas we have a massive chance since we seem to perform very well 2nd half of season.

We don't have to beat chavski but we do need to at least get 12/18 points vrs the top 4 games.

well i didn't give us a chance against man utd, but we won it and won it well without Torres OR Gerrard.

i'm not building up my hopes, but if we can get some daylight between us and the Chavs by xmas, i will let myself believe us to be title challengers
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:42 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
LegBarnes wrote:

well i didn't give us a chance against man utd, but we won it and won it well without Torres OR Gerrard.

i'm not building up my hopes, but if we can get some daylight between us and the Chavs by xmas, i will let myself believe us to be title challengers

That will be tough seeing as Chelsea look great at the moment. They have Deco coming back aswell. But we just have to keep as close to them as possible.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:42 pm

I would like a nice ORDINARY win against Chelsea...... Rafa take note ....  lets just win 1 or 2 nil, no need to show off by giving the opposition a goal start every game. :D

Postby Rafa D » Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:42 pm

(waiting for stu to log on and say we should of started with no fullbacks and yossi and el zhar on)
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:45 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
LegBarnes wrote:

We dont have to open up a gap to challenge. :;):
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:45 pm

s@int wrote:I would like a nice ORDINARY win against Chelsea...... Rafa take note ....  lets just win 1 or 2 nil, no need to show off by giving the opposition a goal start every game. :D

Rafa: " alright lads, let chelsea score the first 2 goals in the first half, play like sh!te in the second half, and alonso do your usual stuff and send off fat frank will you please. Then hit them with 4 goals in the last ten minutes''  :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:46 pm

metalhead wrote:
s@int wrote:I would like a nice ORDINARY win against Chelsea...... Rafa take note ....  lets just win 1 or 2 nil, no need to show off by giving the opposition a goal start every game. :D

Rafa: " alright lads, let chelsea score the first 2 goals in the first half, play like sh!te in the second half, and alonso do your usual stuff and send off fat frank will you please. Then hit them with 4 goals in the last ten minutes''  :D

:laugh:

Postby tubby » Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:46 pm

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion