Wigan v liverpool 29/09/07 - Post match reactions

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:44 pm

roberto green wrote:Another player we can insist should be playing,Benayoun he has caught the eye everytime he has played.

Who should he replace ?

And who are you to "insist" Rafa selects players ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Grudge » Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:02 am

Benayoun for rafa!...If we kill rafa and have Benayoun on for our manager at least we will not get our foreskins caught whilst in tight areas!

Yes that makes sense if you sniff glue!
The Grudge

Postby redtrader74 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:03 am

Thank fck we won, or there'd have been blood on the forum tonight, and we'd have easily got the 30 pages Saint.

It wasn't a great performance, but i suppose that is to be expected after all the criticism in the media of the past TWO DRAWS.

Torres showed today that he is not the messiah, i have to agree that the Spanish biased, glory hunting, Chorizo munching RS fan, Sabre (only joking!), has been spot on with his assessment of Torres' so far, not clinical and will score at the right time to make headlines, ala Reading, ( Btw Benjani managed a treble). Still he looked lively and his mere prescence created space and drew in defenders.

The defence looked shaky, which was a concern considering its our biggest strength. Personally i hope we play a very similar team in the CL. I want the points on board so that we can afford to rest/rotate/tinker/shuffle/mess about, in the later games when we have secured qualification.

Our priority has to be to not allow Arsenal or whoever to build a lead greater than it already is by Jan, it is then that Rafas result of rotation/resting should become evident, i hope.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby mungi » Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:18 am

won ugly but at leats its 3 points.
mungi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:52 am

a decent win, i think torres justified his inclusion despite missing a few chances, we all saw against reading he doesn't always miss them and at least he got the chances.

again it confuses me why kuyt continues to get selected, his first touch is abysmal and his finishing even worse.

so the performance wasn't brilliant and we could as easily have lost the game as won it, the commentator was annoying, he kept going on about bents disallowed goal while totally ignoring the fact that Reina had stopped playing and made no attempt to stop the ball going in.

anyway another rotated team (yes it was different from Birmingham and reading so it was rotated again) struggled to get the win and yossi manged to snatch a winner for us so 3 points in the bag, but if wigans finishing had been better it could have been very different.

its important we keep with arsenal as they don't look like losing many
112-1077774096

Postby AB's Red Army » Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:58 am

It was the strongest team once more and we were unconvincing.

Having said that, United have won the last four games with such a manner and United fans are scrutinized him of making changes to the line up.
DeviantArt: Click Here
AB's Red Army

Postby juanchio » Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:13 am

i saw the game.. masch wasnt to fresh i think.. the pennant change was the key
juanchio

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:34 am

s@int wrote:Typical, we win and get a couple of pages of posts, when we lose we get about 30 pages of posts and rants.

I'll post S@int once I've seen the game, but three points is what the doctor ordered.
66-1112520797

Postby The_Rock » Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:56 am

peewee wrote:again it confuses me why kuyt continues to get selected, his first touch is abysmal and his finishing even worse.

Its getting pretty hard just to see him play..... He really looks woeful now. I thought last season he was average...But this season he looks worse...

1)He has lost even more pace
2)Looks a little chubby
3)His 1st touch is worse than cisse

Its time to play crouch more often....I know crouch ain't the best...but he does score goals... (he has done it in champions league, world cup...u name it).
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AB's Red Army » Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:59 am

The_Rock wrote:
peewee wrote:again it confuses me why kuyt continues to get selected, his first touch is abysmal and his finishing even worse.

Its getting pretty hard just to see him play..... He really looks woeful now. I thought last season he was average...But this season he looks worse...

2)Looks a little chubby

Its time to play crouch more often....I know crouch ain't the best...but he does score goals... (he has done it in champions league, world cup...u name it).

Except Crouch has looked abysmal whenever he's come on the pitch this season bar the game against Tolouse at Anfield. [He missed sitters left and right in that game as well though].
DeviantArt: Click Here
AB's Red Army

Postby The_Rock » Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:06 am

AB's Red Army wrote:
The_Rock wrote:

2)Looks a little chubby

Except Crouch has looked abysmal whenever he's come on the pitch this season bar the game against Tolouse at Anfield. [He missed sitters left and right in that game as well though].

Well...at least crouch is getting in the right positions to miss them...

But Kuyt doesn't even look like getting any chances to score...so how is he gonna score goals ?

I don't mind strikers missing chances...because you know they will put one of those chances away.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NiftyNeil » Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:46 am

I'm just happy with the 3 points. We can work on the performance.
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:43 am

NiftyNeil wrote:I'm just happy with the 3 points. We can work on the performance.

Before the match two things were key - whether Torres started and getting three points. Torres started and we got three points.............

As for performance, well scraping 1-0 and playing rubbish is good enough for the mancs. The game against the goners at Anfield could be key, of the next four games I think that one Torres has to start but it's a nasty little run of games after Marseille - Tottenham (h), everton (a) and Arsenal (h)
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mysterio86 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:31 pm

I think that one Torres has to start but it's a nasty little run of games after Marseille - Tottenham (h), everton (a) and Arsenal (h)

Next three weeks ll really be tough for us, esp against arsenal & everton. Even Marseille & spurs ll be a good games.
mysterio86

Postby laerciojunior » Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:37 pm

Aleluia!!!

great win with a great goal!!!

Yossi is improving.
laerciojunior

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion