LIVERPOOL VS MACCABI HAIFA - Football discussion only please

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby anti-hero » Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:56 pm

Balls??

Here are the facts you insufferable moron.

1) Haifa is a shit club.

2) In fact, we think you're so :censored: we dont even want to waste time and travel over there to play your team.

3) Balls? Please. Go away. Its all fine and dandy if you talk football but if you have the nerve to come over here and insult the fans who support the club that this forum is dedicated to, you have to be one of the most mentally handicapped people ever.

Stick to football, or go make some friends in General Chat. Do some damage control yeah? We dont seem to have a very high opinion of your club at the moment.

P.S

Maccabi Haifa is a big club??

LAWL.
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:14 pm

this is a football thread mr israel, we`ve done the other stuff to death already, keep it to football
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby GOAT » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:55 pm

mr_israel wrote:
Mark 23 wrote:your joking aren't you, all Irsael seems to do is :censored: fight, I don't even know how Israel was classed as Europe.  I reckon the Urchins will run Hizbollah if they kick off.

that what the cnn and other news cahnnel only say so israel looks to the "un-israel" people that there's only war there but u should know that tel-aviv is to far from the borders with lebanon and it cant be hurt the missils they have can only get 100k"m and tel-aviv is more than 280k"m from the borders. i hope u know understand for what i intend.

Oh FFS shut it..
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby mgabby » Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:11 am

first of all, Mr-israel - open your maps please ... Tel Aviv is NOT 280 Kilometers from the border. ok? it is more like 140 ...
so please stop your B.S.

Now to football ...
Maccabi Haifa USED to be a good team. They picked a few years ago (when they had Yakubu Aigabini), but gone weaker since. The start of this year looks like a mess ... I guess that the defence is much weaker than what is used to be.
I guess that they will try to play a very defensive team at Anfield. A 0-0 or even a lose by 1 goal would be great for them.
Don't underestimate them lads ... You know by now that they beat the mancs 3-0 some years ago. It was the only time they got into the group stage. A year later they mised it by 2 minutes .... Rosenburg scored the winning goal minutes from time ...

Any way, I feel that we need a good result here. Haifa is NOT the kind of team we will score 4 or 5 against. 2-0 will be nice. 3-0 will be great...

As it looks at the moment, second leg will not be played in Israel. I guess that only a cease-fire will let UEFA move the games back to Israel, and at this moment, I can't see it coming ... hope I am wrong on that...
I was hoping to see LFC here, but wouldn't bet on it now.

My prediction to this one is :
3-1 LFC first game.
1-1 second leg.
mgabby

Postby coddy » Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:52 am

They are a difficult team (Mancs a few years ago) and i think it'll be tough at Anfield. also a tough team not to concede against

2-0 at Anfield
2-1 at wherever it will be...
YNWA Drummerphil RIP

Immortalised by his own Legend. God Speed.

End Transmission.....
coddy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFCFan4Life » Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:22 am

coddy wrote:They are a difficult team (Mancs a few years ago) and i think it'll be tough at Anfield. also a tough team not to concede against

2-0 at Anfield
2-1 at wherever it will be...

The Mancs sent out their reserve team in Israel, along with two or three senior players. At that time Haifa was good enough to trash the reserve Manc side. Whiskey nose was stupid and he underestimated them after trashing them 5-2 at Old Tw@tford.

Benitez on the other hand faced Haifa while he was manager @ Valencia. So he knows what to expect.
You'll Never Walk Alone drummerphil
LFCFan4Life
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:54 am

HERES SOME NEWS :

MACCABI HAIFA, the Israeli club, have approached Dynamo Kiev about the prospect of staging their Champions League third round qualifying tie against Liverpool in Ukraine.
The final decision will rest with Uefa, European football’s governing body, but after Dynamo agreed in principal to Haifa’s request, it appears certain that Liverpool will be spared a trip to war-affected Israel. Uefa is expected to confirm the decision on Monday.

The Lobanovsky Stadium has a capacity of only 16,900, but although Liverpool may push for the game — due to be played on August 22 or 23 — to be held at a bigger venue, the Merseyside club are likely to accept any ruling that ensures the safety of their players, staff and supporters is not compromised.

Haifa had been keen to play the game in Tel Aviv and Itzhak Menachem, the president of the Israeli FA, has accused Uefa of bowing to pressure from Europe’s top clubs to switch venues.

“I was approached by people from the Israeli club and also Israel’s ambassador in Ukraine, Naomi Ben-Ami, who asked if it would be possible to play the game in Kiev,” Igor Surkis, the Dynamo president, said.

“I gave my provisional consent and said that security during the match would be guaranteed. The Ukrainian football federation have already been informed about our initial agreement, as any final decisions over the staging of the game must be taken by them and Uefa.”

There was more good news for Liverpool yesterday after it emerged that Newcastle United were planning talks with Empoli over the signing of Francesco Tavano, the striker, a move that could complicate their attempts to sign Dirk Kuyt, the Feyenoord and Holland forward.

Liverpool are also interested in Kuyt, although their main competition may yet come from Manchester United, who have earmarked the Dutchman as a replacement for Ruud van Nistelrooy.

Lazaros Christodoulopoulos, another Liverpool target, has appealed to Uefa to release him from his contract with PAOK, the Greek club.

The 20-year-old striker is understood to have impressed Rafael Benítez, the Liverpool manager, during a trial but PAOK’s refusal to release him has sparked a bitter war of words and prompted the player to approach Uefa.

[B][I]
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rinor » Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:01 am

Dear football fans.
I live in Israel,

As for football, Haifa is a weaker team I hope they could get a draw in Anfield or a minor loss, Good Luck to all and I see politics is just everywhere, and that's sick!

Blessed Be.
Rinor.
Last edited by supersub on Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rinor

Postby Judge » Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:26 am

i reckon liverpool could quite easily cruise this one over two legs 6 or 7 nil :)
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anti-hero » Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:11 am

You know what would solve EVERYHING??

If Hezbollah rockets hit your damned ISPs. :p
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:12 am

[quote="Israel1"]You say no politics in sport but you Liverpool fans supporting your team that put the politics into sport.

nonce
Last edited by supersub on Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:18 am

Of course we (Liverpool) should get our own way, 5 European cups has gotta give you some power within the body of football!
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:15 am

With the greatest respect to the fans of our Israeli opponents, they are talking a whole bunch of nonsense visa-vis the second leg of this game. To plan to play a football match a couple of weeks henceforth in a country which is at war officially with a faction housed within the borders of one of it's neighbours would be a scandalous piece of mismanagement on the part of UEFA. When that country is also bordered on all sides by hostile nations which are supplying weaponry, expertese and personel to that hostile faction with a view to possibly even joining in the conflict themselves at a later date, to consider such a thing is cloud-cuckoo land.

While I can understand the frustration of the Haifa fans, both on the grounds that they would like the opportunity to see the game and in the sense that playing the game outside of Israel is a considerable disadvantage to them, to pretend that Liverpool fans, players or the club are behaving in an underhand way is a gross distortion of the situation.

The Israeli Palestine problem is a big one. Bigger than any football match and it seems almost disrespectful to humankind to me to be slinging insults between football fans when lifeless children are being dragged from buildings with their mothers in tears. Shankley didn't mean it, footballs not that important. I would refuse to go as a player, and UEFA are absolutely right to switch the game. Lets play the game, whoever wins doesn't really that much when you think about it in context.
Last edited by bigmick on Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:59 am

edited for good taste
Last edited by supersub on Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tommycockles » Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:39 am

[quote="Israel1"]You say no politics in sport but you Liverpool fans supporting your team that put the politics into sport.

You're so bitter you could be evertonians!!
Last edited by supersub on Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion