TOTTENHAM VS LIVERPOOL - Saturday november 1st 17.30pm ko

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby metalhead » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:04 pm

Bam wrote:16 mins gone, we look pretty good value. Whys everyone moaning ?

moan
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bam » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:06 pm

metalhead wrote:
Bam wrote:16 mins gone, we look pretty good value. Whys everyone moaning ?

moan

?

:D

Keane hasnt impressed me so far, he looks like a lost puppy.

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:08 pm

FFS, give the lad some slack

ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bam » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:12 pm

metalhead wrote:FFS, give the lad some slack

Ok MH.

Oh and as I said that Keane muffed it.  :D

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

Postby JamCar05 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:30 pm

Didn't get to watch the game as I was away on a short vacation, but I had a very bad feeling about this game from the moment Harry took over the job at Tottenham. And unfortunately my bad feelings were confirmed, when I checked the results upon my arrival back home yesterday. I was gutted to say the least, as I desperately wanted us to keep up our winning form, but after reading about the game on here and in general, I'm at least happy to see that we apparently played quite well. If Torres is back next weekend we'll have someone who'll convert most chances into goals, and we have a good run of fixtures this coming month, so there's absolutely no reason we can't begin another winning run straight away (perhaps even winning by more than one goal once in a while  :D ). Onwards and upwards red men  :buttrock
JamCar05

Postby zarababe » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:53 pm

Can't believe we lost this - dominated and then lost gawd !

Any how still much to play for and must remain positive
:)
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:53 pm

Predictably other fans are lapping this up. But here's the interesting mini-table of head to heads this season involving Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Man Utd and Tottenham

1. Liverpool P3 W2 D0 L1 PTS 6
2. TOTTENHAM P3 W1 D2 L0 PTS 5
3. Chelsea P3 W0 D2 L1 PTS 2
4. Arsenal P1 W0 D1 L0 PTS 1
5. Man Utd P2 W0 D1 L1 PTS 1

Arsenal have yet to play us, Chelsea or the mancs and have lost three already. They've lost to Fulham, Stoke and Hull so they've little to harp on about. Chelsea have made light work of beating nobodies, arguably their most impressive result was giving citeh a hiding - and citeh have lost SIX so far this season in the league. Maybe those goalfests they've indulged in made them complacent when they played us.

By the by, Liverpool recently scored their 1000th Premiership goal and Gerrard his 100th for Liverpool. Last weekend I gather Chelsea scored their 1000th Premiership goal and fat frank his 100th for Chelsea. Odd coincidence that, both players often compared - especially with the debate over who to play for England. Both feats for the respective clubs fell within a game of each other, I suggested Gerrard might score the 1000th Liverpool goal but he didn't
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bam » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:10 pm

I'm not going to harp on about this game because many posters have already pointed out what went wrong.

What I will say is this, I dont think there are going to be many teams this season like Spurs who are going to give us soooo much space. Honestly the amount of space Arbeloa, Riera and Kuyt found out wide was just criminal if you're a Spurs supporter. I bet WBA, Bolton, Hull whoever wont give us that kind of room, we should of made it count.

Secondly Keane for me didnt do too much in this game, Rafa imo was right bringing him off. I feel sorry for the lad, he has no confidence what so ever. I dont know whether it was playing at his old stomping ground that made him look a periphial figure or what. But to be fair he hasnt looked a confident player since he signed, quite simply the lad needs goals. He had an opening in the second half, and you just know a striker playing in his element would of gone for the curler into the far corner. Like I said I do feel for him but unless he starts scoring I dont think its justifiable to persist with him, especially as we have the likes of Alonso or Mascha who'd probably miss out at his expense if Torres started.

You just know there is a quality striker in there waiting to come out, but its just not happening for him. C'mon Robbie !!!!

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

Postby JC_81 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:39 pm

Spurs game was frustrating as feck for us all, but come on, get over it.

We absolutely battered them until Carra's unfortunate og. We should easily have been about 3 or 4 up by then.  Unfortunately we paid the price for not taking our chances.  It happens, we move on.

I actually think that we played some of our best possession football of the season in that game, our passing was excellent at times. 

Spurs were unbelievably lucky to win that game, but as many have pointed out, it's how we react to that defeat that's most important.  I remain quietly confident about our season.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:42 pm

john craig wrote:I actually think that we played some of our best possession football of the season in that game, our passing was excellent at times. 

I agree 100%.

Some of the football in the first 70 minutes was as good as we've played under Rafa imo. Spurs were running around like headless chickens. When they finally got the ball, we pressed them into errors.

The own goal completely changed it and then the defence fell apart.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:49 pm

You could see it coming on Saturday. Missing chance after chance after chance. Spurs hung on for their lives and King was excellent IMO.

Maybe a wee reality check wont do us too much damage. Our next 6 games are very winable games. We should be looking for a min of 5 wins from them.
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby Ben1988 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:54 pm

HacksawJimDuggin wrote:You could see it coming on Saturday. Missing chance after chance after chance. Spurs hung on for their lives and King was excellent IMO.

Maybe a wee reality check wont do us too much damage. Our next 6 games are very winable games. We should be looking for a min of 5 wins from them.

Totally agree if we pick up 16 of a possible 18 in the next 6 we will be top of the league with a points advantage in my opinion. That would be brilliant going into the christmas period.

Should give us a great platform to build on.

Its odd I came on here today expecting doom and gloom and its surprisingly up-beat which I am very pleased about. We played really well, missed chances and were unlucky and punished. Hopefully it will shake the team into realising they hae really gota work every game in order to win the title.

YNWA
Ben1988

Postby GYBS » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:31 pm

good to see people going back to being positive again . Its how we react now that is key to the season . Get a win against madrid then against wba . Show us we can react well to a defeat .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:46 pm

john craig wrote:it's how we react to that defeat that's most important.

Nail on head, John, and not just in terms of the players.  How we supporters reacted to the defeat is telling, as well, and I think a few people on here have let themselves down, TBPH.  On the upside, they seem to be firmly in the minority, as it seems most people still think we're still right in the mix, as indeed we are.  :nod
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby GYBS » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:50 pm

spot on bad bob
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion