LIVERPOOL v MANCHESTER UNITED - 12:45 GMT, 13-09-08

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby burjennio » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:20 pm

faldo Posted on Sep. 01 2008,18:43i don't think we will beat em i'm just hoping for a 0-0 draw, with the defense coming to the rescue for once. come back danny murphy all is forgiven i really never meant what i said. the great thing is reine is in crazy form....but then again he was in good form last season yet put in a curious performance against manu ...which probably is why he never got much playing time in the euro's .i don't know what it is about manu but our keepers seem to be more villains than heroes in those encounters....its now becoming a tradition.

you are a feckin joker. im gonna ignore all the negative LFC drivel and point out that the only reason Reina isnt number 1 for Spain is because Casillas is the best keeper in the world atm
burjennio

Postby samurai3000 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:40 pm

Apart from the 3-0 battering last season the past few 1-0 losses we have been dominating the matches as should have won with ease..hope history dont repeat it self. Who knows maybe willl have 80% possesson 16 shots on target and still lose 1-0 with fergie scoring.. Realistically from my heart i feel liverpool could win this one 2-1 but my instincts tell me its going to be either a 1-0 loss or a 1-1 draw.
Last edited by samurai3000 on Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
samurai3000

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:54 am

Now every knows that Berba already a MAN :censored: Player.

Liverpool vs MAN :censored:

Keane vs Berba

Can't wait for this match , I'm sure NOW Keane is praying everyday and everynight because until now he still have not score for Liverpool and I hope that he will score the first of many many goals for Liverpool. ( That's also depend how Rafa played him )
LiverpoolMadman

Postby red_guy » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:02 am

After being positive for the last 4 seasons, i think i 'm gonna change my prediction against the scum this season after the  Torres and Gerarrd's injuries, club problems, less quality players available in every positions, 2 dicks and a clown etc......... i think the scum gonna win 1-0.
If we win, i'm gonna be the happiest man on earth but if we lose, then i'm not gonna be   devastated because i don't have  high expectation  as before.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedEire » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:40 am

Team that should play V Manure
Reina
Carra Skrtel Agger Dossena
Babel Masch Alonso Reira
Gerrard (if fit)
Keane
IF Gerrard not fit play Kuty/Babel as RW or in the hole behind Keane.  Arbeloa should not start - Evra would destroy him.  Keane scored V Man U last January after a lovely cross from Lennon - now is the chance for Reira to show everyone at LFC what he is worth - supply a cross for a winning goal and all the naysayers will shut up
RedEire

Postby GRAHAM01 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:02 am

think this game will come just a couple of week to early ( even more so due to gerrard and torres injurys ) but i think we could still get something out of this game but we will need to have players at the top of there game i would like to see this team given a go and see what they can do

reina

carra  --  skertal  --  agger  --  dossana

mash

babal   --    gerrard/alonso    --   reari

keane
                       ngog/kuyt

if gerrard is fit then he plays but if not then alonso as i think mash would be better as the holding midfield, out of ngog and kuyt i would go with kuyt just because of the experience
if you want some come get some!
GRAHAM01
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:28 pm

If we want a serious title challenge this season then we MUST win this game. I can't even bear to think about drawing the game, another season of too many draws would do my head in and P4 W2 D2 L0 would be more missed opportunity. Our defence is solid, conceded just the one goal and that a long ranger from Mido who couldn't waddle any closer to the target so hit it from where he was. But where will the goals come from, maybe Riera will solve the problem down the left but the rest of the team is hardly brimming with assists. £40m spent this summer and our goalscoring problems remain the same.

Everyone pack your fantasy team with mancs in the hope of jinxing the ferkers. And empty it of Liverpool players with the same intention, I refuse to put Torres in my team as I fear it will curse him. I've had Tevez, Evra and Rio in the team hoping they get injured.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:39 pm

If we dont win this game then its obvious we are still not ready to win the league. I find it shocking that in 4 years we have still not managed to beat them in the league.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:58 pm

If Gerrard is fit I think we should play:
                                           Reina
       Carra           Hyypia                        Agger             Aurelio
       Gerrard           Mascherano             Alonso             Riera
                           Keane                      Babel

Lots of strength in defense, and just enough creativity to give ourselves a chance at scoring.  If Ronaldo is back, then I would think about a Dossena Aurelio left side pairing.
JoeTerp

Postby tubby » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:00 pm

How is Gerrard ever going to be fit. Even if he plays he will not be fit at all.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:04 pm

Gosh......My most hated fixture ever since rafa took over. Most likely will skip this match again as i hate manure so much....the thought of losing to them makes me wanna puke...

Anyway.... This is it. This will be the turning point of our season. If we win against manure (esp without torres and gerrard)...the players will finally have the believe that they can beat any team and thus we will go back to playing awesome football last seen in the 2005/2006 season. If we lose....expect us to go on a long bliiiiiiiiiiiiipppppppp.

If Torres and Gerrard are not fit...this will be my team.

Reina
       Carra   Hyppia    Skertel   Agger                           
       Babel          Mash            Riera
                       Alonso
              Keane             Kuyt

- Going for super strong back 4 who are good in the air. Manure got awesome header's of the ball (Ferdinand, vidic and berbatov)

-Alonso has to take responsibility and play further up the pitch. I am sure he can control the tempo of the game if he does that.

-Kuyt finally plays as a striker....This is it. Time to prove his doubters (including me) wrong.....

Hopefully we can sneak it with a Hyppia header or a gary neville own goal...
Last edited by The_Rock on Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedEire » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:16 pm

Hey Rock, your back line is quite impressive but what is Agger like at left back ? I would like to see all four of these play V Manure - only hope that Rafa would be so brave !!!  I think Gerrard will only be 60%-80% fit so would like to see him come for the last 30 mins if required - otherwise like you say, what a boost for the players on the field if they could beat United with both Gerrard and Torres absent.  What odds would you get that Rafa will play Babel on right (his preferred position if not up front) and Kuyt as a striker (his preferred position). I would like to see Reira/Babel cutting down the line and throwing in crosses all day - Van der Sar is very dodgy with such balls and have Keane/Kuyt ready to pounce for spilled ball. C'mon the 'Pool !!!
RedEire

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:17 pm

gary neville is still alive? i thought he disappeared since he found out there was some liverpool stuff under his swimming pool.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Toffeehater » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:29 pm

bavlondon wrote:How is Gerrard ever going to be fit. Even if he plays he will not be fit at all.

A half fit stevie is still better than no stevie at all , besides the stakes of the game will pump stevie up
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:34 pm

RedEire wrote:Hey Rock, your back line is quite impressive but what is Agger like at left back ? I would like to see all four of these play V Manure - only hope that Rafa would be so brave !!!  I think Gerrard will only be 60%-80% fit so would like to see him come for the last 30 mins if required - otherwise like you say, what a boost for the players on the field if they could beat United with both Gerrard and Torres absent.  What odds would you get that Rafa will play Babel on right (his preferred position if not up front) and Kuyt as a striker (his preferred position). I would like to see Reira/Babel cutting down the line and throwing in crosses all day - Van der Sar is very dodgy with such balls and have Keane/Kuyt ready to pounce for spilled ball. C'mon the 'Pool !!!

Don't rate dossena.....i also think auerlio is quite a softie.

Agger has also played left back previously.

so Dossena ------> average
                                    ============= Agger taking over LB
    Auerlio --------> softie
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion