Liverpool v cska sofia - Team news, live updates etc

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Fingers » Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:34 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Sissoko is the best buy so far he is great, not afraid to put a tackle in, and will probably score a good few, hes great :buttrock

can see your namesake grabbing a few too mate!!!!

can't wait,

hate itv's 5 mins before kick off start though, :(
As always I am focused on supporting the Cloob and the Manager
Fingers

Postby JC_81 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:34 pm

Why play Josemi at centre back??  Doesn't make sense at all.  Rafa has already said that he's after 1 or 2 centre backs so he obviously doesn't trust Josemi there in the long term.  Why not play Whitbread?  He's young and at least has potential.  I'm pretty dissapointed with that team selection to be honest.

Potter has had plenty of chances now on the right and it's clear that that's not his best position, why not play Pongolle to try him out, or Garcia (who has had very little playing time in pre-season or the 2 league games).

I don't think Sofia are capable of turning the tie around tonight but I just hope this team selection doesn't backfire and lead to an embarrassing 0-1 defeat or something...
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neilE » Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:36 pm

biggest game of the whole season - no slip ups tonight and we get the money & kudos to bring in the players we need to make a decent title challenge.

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!!!!!
neilE

Postby MilitiaRusher » Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:38 pm

neilE wrote:biggest game of the whole season - no slip ups tonight and we get the money & kudos to bring in the players we need to make a decent title challenge.

Are you out of your mind?
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:39 pm

john craig wrote:Why play Josemi at centre back??  Doesn't make sense at all.  Rafa has already said that he's after 1 or 2 centre backs so he obviously doesn't trust Josemi there in the long term.  Why not play Whitbread?  He's young and at least has potential.  I'm pretty dissapointed with that team selection to be honest.

Potter has had plenty of chances now on the right and it's clear that that's not his best position, why not play Pongolle to try him out, or Garcia (who has had very little playing time in pre-season or the 2 league games).

I don't think Sofia are capable of turning the tie around tonight but I just hope this team selection doesn't backfire and lead to an embarrassing 0-1 defeat or something...

Hyypia and Whitbread are a bit too alike, and both of them lack pace where as Josemi has more pace than the pair of them. Secondly Pongolle has only played in two reserve games and hasn't played in a senior match in over six months, you can't expect the lad to start this game.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby neilE » Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:39 pm

MilitiaRusher wrote:
neilE wrote:biggest game of the whole season - no slip ups tonight and we get the money & kudos to bring in the players we need to make a decent title challenge.

Are you out of your mind?

wha?
neilE

Postby Fingers » Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:40 pm

john craig wrote:Why play Josemi at centre back??  Doesn't make sense at all.  Rafa has already said that he's after 1 or 2 centre backs so he obviously doesn't trust Josemi there in the long term.  Why not play Whitbread?  He's young and at least has potential.  I'm pretty dissapointed with that team selection to be honest.

think AB hit it on the head with the "too similar and lack of pace" comment.

agree about Poter though, although Rafa must have seen something, else he'd not be playing him. ???

but with my track record that means Potter will have the game of his life,  :D
Fingers

Postby liverpoolrich » Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:40 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Sissoko is the best buy so far he is great, not afraid to put a tackle in, and will probably score a good few, hes great :buttrock

Dont agree with that zenden is in my mind the best buy
image/jpeg
liverpoolrich

Postby drummerphil » Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:41 pm

can see your namesake grabbing a few too mate!!!!

can't wait,

hate itv's 5 mins before kick off start though, 

dont mind actually...less time  for Andy Townsend to :censored: me off
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:41 pm

liverpoolrich wrote:

Dont agree with that zenden is in my mind the best buy

Zenden was free  :nod
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fingers » Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:44 pm

drummerphil wrote:can see your namesake grabbing a few too mate!!!!

can't wait,

hate itv's 5 mins before kick off start though, 

dont mind actually...less time  for Andy Townsend to :censored: me off

nah love the build up,

although now you mention it, Townsend does spout sh!te
Fingers

Postby tubby » Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:47 pm

With Stevie out i would have opted for Alonso starting.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Nino_#9 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:48 pm

i hope pongo comes on!
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fingers » Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:50 pm

i'm sure if we get a goal or two and don't concede, we'll see a few early changes
Fingers

Postby JC_81 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:54 pm

A.B. wrote:

Hyypia and Whitbread are a bit too alike, and both of them lack pace where as Josemi has more pace than the pair of them. Secondly Pongolle has only played in two reserve games and hasn't played in a senior match in over six months, you can't expect the lad to start this game.

Don't think Josemi has any more pace than Whitbread to be honest, in fact I'm positive he doesn't.  Josemi turns like a carthorse FFS

As for Pongolle, I know he's only played 2 reserve games (one of them being last night) and I take you're point, I'm just dissapointed to see Potter persevered with there when he's blatantly not a winger.  I wouldn't have even minded having a look at Barragan there from the start
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion