Liverpool sign joao carlos teixeira

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby C-R » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:22 am

Teixeira scored 2 yesterday. He's Brighton's top scorer (6) & second highest assister (3). Goal or assist every 168 minutes this season.

Teixeira is in the top ten in the Championship for through balls per game (1st), dribbles per game (4th) & key passes per game (10th).
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:49 am

cardiff-red » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:22 am wrote:Teixeira scored 2 yesterday. He's Brighton's top scorer (6) & second highest assister (3). Goal or assist every 168 minutes this season.

Teixeira is in the top ten in the Championship for through balls per game (1st), dribbles per game (4th) & key passes per game (10th).

Here's one of the goals from his last match>>>>> https://vine.co/v/OI1tDI0jwQv
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:13 pm

Liverpool FC talent Joao Carlos Teixeira will be given chance to force his way into Rodgers' plans

Attacking midfielder likely to be part of tour Down Under after loan spell with Brighton

Liverpool midfielder Joao Carlos Teixeira will be given the opportunity to force his way into Brendan Rodgers’ plans when he returns to the club this summer.

The Reds boss has been delighted by the first-team experience the 22-year-old has gained during a season-long loan spell with Brighton.

Teixeira has scored six goals in 28 appearances for Chris Hughton’s Championship outfit.

The Portugal youth international, who has one year remaining on his contract, recently admitted he faces a battle trying to establish himself at Anfield due to the competition for places in the Liverpool squad.

However, Rodgers intends to run the rule over Teixeira in pre-season and he’s likely to travel to Australia for July’s tour Down Under.

That will provide the stage for Teixeira to prove he’s worthy of a place ahead of the 2015/16 campaign.

Teixeira has admitted that if he doesn’t make the grade at Liverpool he would consider a permanent move to Brighton.

“It’s really difficult because Liverpool are a big club with great players, but you dream of playing Premier League football with Liverpool,” he said.

“I really want that and I’m going to work for it but you never know what’s going to happen in the future.

“Of course I would see Brighton as an option, I like everything here. I like the city and it’s really nice living here.”

Teixeira cost Liverpool around £800,000 from Sporting Lisbon in 2012. His progress was initially hampered by a back injury before he had a short spell on loan at Brentford.

A run of impressive performances for Liverpool Under-21s led to Rodgers handing him his first-team debut in February 2014. He came off the bench for the last eight minutes of the dramatic 3-2 win over Fulham at Craven Cottage.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:46 am

really bad news (this will put shisha pipes into perspective)...

Joao Teixeira has been ruled out for the rest of the season after scans showed he had broken his leg.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:11 pm

cardiff-red » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:46 am wrote:really bad news (this will put shisha pipes into perspective)...

Joao Teixeira has been ruled out for the rest of the season after scans showed he had broken his leg.

A leg break is a terrible injury but once they heal 9 times out of 10 the leg is as good as new.
It's not like a cruciate which robs the player of a yard of pace and can take years to get back from.
Depending on the severity of the break these days players can be back playing in a matter of weeks.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:10 pm

I thought the high point of the Swindon workout albeit for Bentekes sweet strike  was  Teixeira's performance ,the lad looks more composed than a lot of our more established midfielders.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:10 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:10 pm wrote:I thought the high point of the Swindon workout albeit for Bentekes sweet strike  was  Teixeira's performance ,the lad looks more composed than a lot of our more established midfielders.

Totally agree  :nod
Any time this lad has pulled on the jersey he has performed. For some reason or other he wasn't even mentioned in the squad yesterday but I was delighted when I seen him coming on for allen.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:01 am

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/9957251/joao-carlos-teixeira-produces-skilful-performance-in-u21-thriller?

Almost masterful performance from Teixeira ,for me the kid is ready to play a part in our season.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ConnO'var » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:50 am

I agree mate. Reports from close friends back home all say that he is ready. But the problem is... who does he replace in our current setup?
We need Can in our midfield more than him in the SM or striker position at the moment methinks.

You thnking of dropping Ibe and playing a narrower team? Would negate Benteke's effectiveness though.

Your thoughts?
ConnO'var

Postby redshade » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:03 am

If his ready then i feel this season we should play him in cup games and on sub. See how it goes..
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:22 pm

Reports this morning is that he and Ilori are both going out on loan - however - Ilori has this morning come out and been quoted as saying he wants to stay at Anfield and fight for a first team place
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:30 pm

ConnO'var » Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:50 am wrote:

I agree mate. Reports from close friends back home all say that he is ready. But the problem is... who does he replace in our current setup?
We need Can in our midfield more than him in the SM or striker position at the moment methinks.

You thnking of dropping Ibe and playing a narrower team? Would negate Benteke's effectiveness though.

Your thoughts?

I think Ibe is not conducive to the service Benteke receives mate ,for me personally I think I would integrate Joao into our midfield ,Henderson and Milner are too similar ,but if Can plays the holding role we could afford to add a  touch of ingenuity by replacing Milner or Henderson ....I know its not going to happen as the manager will persist with his Captain and Vice Captain ,but for me they're too rigid.

I wouldn't mind seeing him in the position the manager has earmarked for Lallana ,and he would also provide an able deputy for Coutinho ,in fact the lad could and should be utilised as an impact sub as he can give our play a real freshness and make us less easily read.

As for Ibe mate, I think he's not the answer at the moment ,Markovic for me is more direct and his link up play is more precise.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ConnO'var » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:27 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:30 am wrote:
ConnO'var » Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:50 am wrote:

Your thoughts?

I think Ibe is not conducive to the service Benteke receives mate ,for me personally I think I would integrate Joao into our midfield ,Henderson and Milner are too similar ,but if Can plays the holding role we could afford to add a  touch of ingenuity by replacing Milner or Henderson ....I know its not going to happen as the manager will persist with his Captain and Vice Captain ,but for me they're too rigid.

I wouldn't mind seeing him in the position the manager has earmarked for Lallana ,and he would also provide an able deputy for Coutinho ,in fact the lad could and should be utilised as an impact sub as he can give our play a real freshness and make us less easily read.

As for Ibe mate, I think he's not the answer at the moment ,Markovic for me is more direct and his link up play is more precise.

I agree about Ibe based on the last few matches. But until I see JCTexeira myself, i would be more inclined to go with Markovic. I think we have not seen the best out of him yet and that he is underused and wrongly utilized when played.
ConnO'var

Postby The_Rock » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:58 pm

We got to get used to the fact that teixeira ain't gonna make it here no matter how well he performs. And you know why..... lallana.......

Its the same for why lucas won't stay here for long...... (allen). Sakho is getting marginalised (lovern)...etc
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:48 pm

:bump
Delighted he made the squad yesterday  :nod Was hoping to see him come on as he has great composure and imo could have made the difference. Milner and lallana for all the ground they covered showed far to many instances of poor control and poor decision making.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion