Liverpool sign joao carlos teixeira

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Redman in wales » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:03 pm

From .tv:

Portuguese youngster joins Academy

Joao Carlos Teixeira will join Liverpool's Academy after the formalities of his transfer from Sporting Lisbon were completed.

The 19-year-old Portuguese youth international played and scored against the Reds earlier this season at Anfield in the NexGen series.

---

Supposed to be quite good....
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:05 pm

Nice. Hopefully we'll see him in the first team sooner rather than later.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby lakes10 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:10 pm

get a bit fed up of hearing stuff like this over the last few years, they never seem to make it into the first team, lets hope he is good and we see him soon.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:17 pm

Good signing the next "Gerrard"
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:32 pm

lakes10 wrote:get a bit fed up of hearing stuff like this over the last few years, they never seem to make it into the first team, lets hope he is good and we see him soon.

:nod

Feel the same, although to be fair in more recent times the likes of Spearing and Kelly have been given some opportunities.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Redman in wales » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:51 pm

^ neither of them were signed though, they're local lads who came through our acedemy. Can't remember the last academy signing to make an impact. Insua maybe, Pacheco could have, but mostly they come to nothing.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:50 pm

Redman in wales wrote:^ neither of them were signed though, they're local lads who came through our acedemy. Can't remember the last academy signing to make an impact. Insua maybe, Pacheco could have, but mostly they come to nothing.

True , but my frustration at our failure to bring players through refers generally to the young players we have, whether they be academy or signings from elsewhere.

For example whilst I appreciate that Agger and Skrtl have been bang on form I'm wondering if Coates will ever get a go in the side, recently when there has been an opportunity for someone else Kenny has elected to use Carra.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Redman in wales » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:29 pm

agree. though I do feel that if we were winning games by larger margin we may have seen more of coates/flano/robbo etc. Yesterday was the first league game this season where we won by more than 2 goals.

(for reference Utd have won by more than 2 goals on 7 occasions, Man City 10 occasions, Chelsea 4 occasions and Arsenal 3 occasions)

A 3 goal cushion would allow kenny to give some playing time to the younger generation. Our games have been so tight (score line not possesion) that kenny has always gone for experience instead of youth with his subs.

It's obviously not the only factor in giving the younger players a chance, but I think it certainly plays a part in his thinking.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:02 pm

Redman in wales wrote:agree. though I do feel that if we were winning games by larger margin we may have seen more of coates/flano/robbo etc. Yesterday was the first league game this season where we won by more than 2 goals.

(for reference Utd have won by more than 2 goals on 7 occasions, Man City 10 occasions, Chelsea 4 occasions and Arsenal 3 occasions)

A 3 goal cushion would allow kenny to give some playing time to the younger generation. Our games have been so tight (score line not possesion) that kenny has always gone for experience instead of youth with his subs.

It's obviously not the only factor in giving the younger players a chance, but I think it certainly plays a part in his thinking.

Said it at the end of last season but Europa League qualification would have been great for the likes of Flanno, Spearing, Shelvey, Robinson, Kelly, Coates and now this young lad Teixera etc.

I know the Sunday and Monday night kick offs are a pain but we need to be in as many competitions as possible for the development of the squad.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby crim cram » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:07 pm

good value @ 850,00, and he did tear our lad's defense to shreds  both time we played them.  If you can't beat 'em, buy 'em  :cool:
“Me having no education. I had to use my brains.”  Shankly
crim cram
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:54 pm

What's happend to that Suso? Thought he was meant to be the 2nd coming?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedSi35 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:11 pm

Sorry can't get very excited by this. Sure he is ( another ) one for the future but we very rarely see any end product.
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:14 am

why don't so many youths make it through? Can I make a suggestion that they probably will start to now with Kenny in charge. I Get the feeling Kenny is quite fond of developing the young talent and bringing them up through the system and into the first team.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:49 pm

tubby wrote:What's happend to that Suso? Thought he was meant to be the 2nd coming?

2nd coming of what?
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kartiek » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:50 pm

I hope we can give at least get Sterling on the bench. He just has such good technique and pace. I was just watching the highlights of the nextgen game against spurs and he was excellent. I think he's bulked up enough as well to have a decent physical presence. imo, Teixeira will probably need a whole year of bulking up and excellent showing before he can even think about showing up for the first team.
kartiek

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion