Two young stars sign - Liverpool sign 2 more

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kunilson » Mon May 28, 2007 1:34 am

yeah the youth to 1st team ratio is pretty p1ss poor at the moment, some would say two youth cups in a row are promising signs for the future.....id reserve judgement til i see them in action.

with big spending promoted for the summer, chances are less for youngsters at our club....can save a lot of money if we find a gem tho.
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon May 28, 2007 1:36 am

dont take it as an attack on rafa, why does everyone feel the need to defend him when a comment is made   :D

i am big on facts, the facts speak for themselves as far as i am concerned mate, at the moment i dont bother myself with the grey areas as they are just excuses, i look at our results last season, very poor, i look at our points total, very poor, i look at his signings, some good some bad, i look at our youth set up, you would think it was great, winning the FA youth cup 2 seasons running, how many of those players will be in the first team in 2 or 3 years time, i would say none of them will be given a chance.

personally i am a little tired of signing players for the future when we are struggling so badly in the present mate, and make no mistake we are struggling in my opinion, lets get the first team winning again, then lets start to worry about the future
112-1077774096

Postby LFC2007 » Mon May 28, 2007 1:46 am

peewee wrote:dont take it as an attack on rafa, why does everyone feel the need to defend him when a comment is made   :D

i am big on facts, the facts speak for themselves as far as i am concerned mate, at the moment i dont bother myself with the grey areas as they are just excuses, i look at our results last season, very poor, i look at our points total, very poor, i look at his signings, some good some bad, i look at our youth set up, you would think it was great, winning the FA youth cup 2 seasons running, how many of those players will be in the first team in 2 or 3 years time, i would say none of them will be given a chance.

personally i am a little tired of signing players for the future when we are struggling so badly in the present mate, and make no mistake we are struggling in my opinion, lets get the first team winning again, then lets start to worry about the future

The signings like Brouwer etc. are players who may take 2 or 3 years to develop, we have to do something about the youth system now if we want to profit in the future, Rafa has sarted to address this problem by scouting out talent from abroad.

That is NOT to say we can't go out and buy world class talent for the first team, we must do BOTH, there is no reason why building the youth team should inhibit our ability to build the first team into a premiership winning squad. These young players don't cost much money in any case.

I'll go on what Rafa has shown so far and that is to give the young players a chance in the cups, and if good enough they may get a crack in the league.

So, in answer to your question, I disagree because I think they will get a chance, gradually and in a way that does NOT compromise our ability to be successful in the league.
LFC2007

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon May 28, 2007 1:53 am

i know we need the youth players mate, i am not questioning that, but i never really get round to talking about them as we will probably never get to see them, there really is no shining light in the at the moment, no fowler, no gerrard, no carra, no owen, 3 of those 4 were ready and playing for the first team at 18, we dont have that there at the moment, nobody to get excited about, not just youth players brought in, but also players who have been with us since aged 8
112-1077774096

Postby LFC2007 » Mon May 28, 2007 2:04 am

That's what I've been saying, Gerrards, Carraghers and Owens don't pop up too often, look at Man Utd and the likes of the Giggs/scholes era, since then they haven't had many more who have reached anything like that standard.

But that is just a problem inherent within the academy system, it is similar at most premier league clubs.

What Rafa is trying to do is bring in some foreign talent who might be able to make the grade, whether they will or not - we just don't know. Some players develop late, even Carragher was a late devloper.

But I think Rafa's only recently, within the last season, been able to bring in this foreign talent so it may take a season or two to see results.

I don't think it's fair to attribute the last 7/8 seasons of poor youth development as something that should be put on Rafa's shoulders (I'm not saying you are). He has already underlined the need to overhaul the youth system.

But the problems within academies in terms of home-grown players are problems experienced within the sytstem as a whole.
LFC2007

Postby mungi » Mon May 28, 2007 6:57 am

rafa is brining in foreign talent becasue quite simply the english lads dont hav ethe technical ability to make the grade. by getting foreign talent from technical countries such as spain, argintina etc it might lift the technical standard of the liverpool youth system. The standard now is quite simply poor
mungi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Mon May 28, 2007 7:52 am

does anybody know anything on these two lads specifically?
JoeTerp

Postby redtrader74 » Mon May 28, 2007 7:59 am

Bringing these young players in makes sense, even if we do spend big this year on 2-3 players, i think that in the future we will have a smaller budget, especially with a new stadium on the way, but if Rafa buys right this year then in the following years we might only need to buy 1 first teamer and start including the younger players.
Hopefully it is a sign that Rafa is thinking of the longer term, that being about 3 years in Football!
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby lio » Mon May 28, 2007 8:02 am

mungi wrote:rafa is brining in foreign talent becasue quite simply the english lads dont hav ethe technical ability to make the grade. by getting foreign talent from technical countries such as spain, argintina etc it might lift the technical standard of the liverpool youth system. The standard now is quite simply poor

Could you be kind enough to enlighten me your meaning of 'technical ability' ?? ???
lio

Postby mungi » Mon May 28, 2007 8:47 am

lio wrote:
mungi wrote:rafa is brining in foreign talent becasue quite simply the english lads dont hav ethe technical ability to make the grade. by getting foreign talent from technical countries such as spain, argintina etc it might lift the technical standard of the liverpool youth system. The standard now is quite simply poor

Could you be kind enough to enlighten me your meaning of 'technical ability' ?? ???

the ability to read the game. to know when to pass and what direction. to many times i see players thump the ball foward because they see no options. it also means the ability to hold the ball for long periods of time under pressure. we all know the first team can do this but from what ive seen from the reserves and the youth teams this hasnt been achieved. just basically the baility to read the game and the ability to carry out the skills required to not only win football games, but play as well
mungi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon May 28, 2007 12:43 pm

Official comfirmation of the signings from LFC.TV

Liverpool have moved swiftly to bolster their reserve ranks by agreeing deals to sign Hungarian pair Krisztian Nemeth and Andras Simon from MTK Hungaria. 
Nemeth, 18, and Simon, 17, appeared for Hungary in last year's UEFA Under-17 Championships.

The duo are both strikers, although Nemeth also plays in midfield.
account deleted by request

Postby tubby » Mon May 28, 2007 2:01 pm

Im not going to get excited about any youngster until i see him in the first team making an impact. Not even this Levia kid. Ive heard it all before and prefer to sit back and let them do their talking before I start getting hyped up.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redstavro » Mon May 28, 2007 4:52 pm

we have a problem with our youth system and i dont mean because they dont win anything but because they dont progress to the first team. one of the reasons highway left was non of his team have made it so basically his system has failied. that needs to change. but only time will tell if rafa can get it right.
Redstavro

Postby account deleted by request » Mon May 28, 2007 4:59 pm

There is an argument that says its the reserve team thats failed not our youth team. How many of the so called young "stars " that we bought came through the reserves (not the youth team) and cemented a first team place?
account deleted by request

Postby NANNY RED » Mon May 28, 2007 9:17 pm

hope its not the sinama and le talac sinario again they were  supposedly the 2 hottest youngsters at bleufontain even wenger tried to get them and look at the outcome there
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion