Liverpool's decline - Who to blame - long term

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:45 am

big al wrote:Bad Bob i was sad to see that this thread has been merged because they are not the same.

It's the power crazy mod's at work again :no

:D
LFC2007

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:51 am

big al wrote:Bad Bob i was sad to see that this thread has been merged because they are not the same.  I was and am still asking what's wrong with Liverpool.  I dont think theres much wrong, yet on this site we constantly are beating up rafa, the club, Ourselves. Liverpool is no where near being on the decline we are and have remained by and large one of the top four clubs in England, despite the bad managers before Rafa and after K Daglish.  We have never decended to the depths of Man u, since the days of Shankly.  We do have problems but they are minor Liverpool is and remains one of the biggest clubs in world football the difference between Liverpool and everyone else outside the top four in massive.  So I am disappointed you did'nt see the irony in my thread.  Does this mean Bob that you think Liverpool FC is on the decline, because I dont and thats why I started a thread different to Big Naill.

Sorry, mate, I didn't and still don't see the irony in your thread.  I see a thread that seeks to discuss what, if any, problems the club is facing in a holistic way.  Which, I'm afraid, is what Big Niall's thread is also trying to do, albeit with a more negative take on things than you've offered.  It's a topic worth considering carefully but it should be done in the same thread--with respectful dialogue carried out between those who think we've got big problems and those who don't.  No offense intended, mate, but I stand by the decision.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby bigmick » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:06 am

big al wrote:the difference between Liverpool and everyone else outside the top four in massive.  So I am disappointed you did'nt see the irony in my thread. 

Is the irony in this bit the fact that we're not actually in the top four?  :D  :;):
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:13 pm

bigmick wrote:
big al wrote:the difference between Liverpool and everyone else outside the top four in massive.  So I am disappointed you did'nt see the irony in my thread. 

Is the irony in this bit the fact that we're not actually in the top four?  :D  :;):

Champions of Europe and chugging into 5th place.

That's my dream. And Gollum's WORST NIGHTMARE.

I'd take it over 4th place and the Champions of Europe!!! :D
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redtrader74 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:17 pm

Scottbot wrote:
bigmick wrote:

Champions of Europe and chugging into 5th place.

That's my dream. And Gollum's WORST NIGHTMARE.

I'd take it over 4th place and the Champions of Europe!!! :D

I was having a laugh about the same thing last night with my brother   :D  :D
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby Scottbot » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:21 pm

The stadium - Will be GUTTED to see Anfield go but it has to happen and the new build looks fantastic.

The owners - An embarrasment

The directors and CEO - Can go with the owners

The Fans - LEGENDARY. It's up to the team to get the fans up for the game as well. It shouldn't always be the other way around.

The Scouting system - Bit hit and miss. Produces sometimes but could be better.

The youth system - Two FA Youth Cups but it's about producing PLAYERS for the 1st team, not TEAMS who win trophies. Time will tell.

The manager - You wanted short, sharp answers!!!??

Under-performing, Under pressure

The formations and systems - Again, short and sharp!!! ??? I can't do it!

The players - Far better playing personnel than when Rafa arrived but this year's results currently on a par with 2005 (hope that pans out to the letter!)

The club overall club - All Fu...c...k...ed up at the moment :-(
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion