Targets for this seasons

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby mike72 » Sat Aug 21, 2004 4:32 am

I think that after the signings we've made over the summer (with possibly Coloccini also to come), we should be aiming for 3rd place in the league this season.  The new players will take a while to settle in to English football, and at the moment we are lacking depth in quite a few positions, so I don't expect us to be still competing with Arsenal or Chelsea in April and May, but I think we can overhaul Man Utd this season. 

And next year, if we get another 3 or 4 good signings, and Alonso, Cisse, Garcia and Josemi have a years experience in the Premiership behind them, we could just end 16 years of hurt... :)
mike72

Postby A.B. » Sat Aug 21, 2004 4:52 am

I disagree, I think this is our year to shine. Third place is not good enough imo. If we work hard then we can get in the top two.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby The_Rock » Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:11 am

3rd place good enuff ? Depends on how we do in champions league as well. If we reach the semis and get 3rd, i would take it because it will take a while for the team to gel. (ie...Baros - Cisse partnership, Hyppia - Carra partnership, New Midfield combination...)

This will set the platform for the assault on all fronts next season next season.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion