What did use think of kewell's comeback?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby gordy_123 » Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:54 am

What did use think of kewell's comeback?? sell him or keep him?
gordy_123

Postby azriahmad » Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:10 am

Sell him and free 65k a week. The only problem is who'd buy him now that he is so expensive and has such a tiny heart and very low on desire to graft when the going gets tough?
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scott P » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:37 am

Give the lad a chance he came on for 20 minutes up front on his own with no match fitness!! He came on at the part of the game when we were on the back foot so what more could he have done!! ok he could have chased a few dead causes but to instantly say sell him is crazy!!
Scott P

Postby Paul C » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:37 am

You can't judge him on 20 mins after he's been out for nearly 7 months, though he's got a lot to prove to us.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:41 am

Make him get his hair cut or sell him....

Give the lad a chance, i think Harry will do ok this season
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:48 am

i think he was adaquate, but if we are to get the best out of him we cannot expect miracles.

I'd like to see him play against fulham, maybe not start but definitely play a part
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BringBackTiti » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:55 am

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:Make him get his hair cut or sell him....

Give the lad a chance, i think Harry will do ok this season

he looked a mess last night though bad wog head that.

id like to see him givin a go against fulham myself that's where we will be able to judge him.
''I talk about the table. We need a leg, so I have bought a leg.'' Rafa Benitez
BringBackTiti
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby steviec » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:55 am

Sell Kewell and throw Luis Garcia in for good measure.  I've been saying it for some time, he's not up to muster.  I can't remember the last pass he actually made to a 'Pool player. He can't read the game, he is very easily dispossessed whenever he has possession, and you could maybe throw in Traore as well.  In my opinion neither of these players are premiership standard let alone Liverpools
Save money on expensive binoculars by standing closer to the object you are trying to observe
steviec

Postby darwisigila » Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:19 am

throw in luis ' waster' garcia....come on..he also can't read the game, easily dispossessed and most important he is color blind. rafa should tell him that we had 2 jersey, red for home game and yellow/black 4 away.
darwisigila

Postby kazza » Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:35 am

Paul C wrote:You can't judge him on 20 mins after he's been out for nearly 7 months, though he's got a lot to prove to us.

Fair enough Paul but it is not like this was the first time. He looked overweight which means he was not working hard to get fit. That tells me his attitude is the same. He is not judged on 20 minutes of yesterdays game, but rather the last two years.

it is as simple as this: KEWELL OWES LFC 100% EFFORT (including while rehabilitating an injury), and I have never seen it.

For me yesterday was Kewells last chance and I did not expect him to score but rather give 100% to the team. He gave about 50% so therefore he has forever lost me. If he wants to stay he should show it (to win the fans back) if he wants to leave he should also give effort so another team will pay him what he wants. Both these are not the case. In Kewell you have a man who does not like playing fooball any more. He is now too comfortable with the money and the faicials, and the hard work that football entails is beyond him.

The search party that was looking for the Missing In Action Kewell has just called off the search. He is now presumed expired. Harry Kewell the footballer R.I.P
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gareth G » Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:44 am

Catch a grip mate, you give a player his last chance on 20 minute's with his first game back and no match fitness! ???

And about him being overweight, how does that mean he didn't work hard enough? When he was injured he obviously couldn't train and packed the weight on, losing weight again isn't some overnight process mate, it will take time for him to get into shape.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:52 am

Errr, he had 7 months. Just because he had an injury does not mean he could not work on fittness. There are many execises (there is a whole science about it for feck's sake) that he could do. You are talking to me as it I have judged him on twenty minutes of play. Read the post again!

You do not get fit by playing matches, you play matches because you are fit. Attitude is not hard to read.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:57 am

he barely gave an effort last night, he wasnt running for balls. At one point he was just standing there. For someone who is finally injury free, isnt doing much to show hes worth having on the pitch.
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:10 am

This is one of the most stupidest topics Ive ever seen on here, how can anyone judge a player that only played 20 minutes of football and who is recovering from operations and has not played for 5 months.
:no  I give up.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:13 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:This is one of the most stupidest topics Ive ever seen on here

Well thanks for adding to it.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion