Job too big for Rodgers?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Is the job too big for Rodgers and last season was a flash in the pan down to Suarez carrying us?

Yes
55%
No
36%
Not sure
9%

Total votes : 78

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:58 pm

The_Rock » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:49 pm wrote:Ok guys.....it is universal. I know I have said this a number of times in the last few months. But this is real. RAWK has finally turned. So we have to be on the same page here. Lets put all our nitty gritty petty arguments to bed 1st. We gotta make a big hoo haa to sack the fraud we have as our head coach.

^^
What he said...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:11 pm

Only a matter of time now I guess...
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:15 pm

damjan193 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:11 pm wrote:Only a matter of time now I guess...

Not too long, I hope...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:23 pm

Parked the bus in the first half against Man U today, despite the fact that we were absolutely dire he was  probably hoping a point would make him look good ?

Only after we went a goal down did we actually begin to play, too little too late.

I feel sorry for the players that have to play under Brenda's so called "leadership"

The fella's got no balls, sooner we get rid of him, the sooner we'll progress.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby kartiek » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:30 pm

"We lost here last year, but we didn't lose as badly this time, so that is positive".

I wouldn't such a sickening quote from even Hodgson. This guy is really not good enough.
kartiek

Postby devaney » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:36 pm

After today he should give his wages to charity and resign !!! BUT THATS NOT GOING TO FKG HAPPEN IS IT  :help

The owners need to take action and sack the overpaid joke.If nothing else they need to tell the very annoying twerp to buy a decent pair of trousers.

The concerns of the whinge committee have certainly come to fruition. I fear there is no way back for Rogers. He is lost and his new assistants look somewhat bemused.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:44 pm

As sad as it is, I doubt things will change. I asked before, why would someone like Klopp take the job now after BR has spent all the money? It would make no sense. And right now it's a poisoned chalice for any manager. Some may think this team has potential. Not me. Brendan has been dismantling our club and its identity since he arrived. I knew it. Others knew it. Many didn't. FSG certainly didn't. We're f**ked. It would take an absolute genius to get this team through to January and beyond with their reputation intact.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby redshade » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:20 am

kartiek » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:30 pm wrote:"We lost here last year, but we didn't lose as badly this time, so that is positive".

I wouldn't such a sickening quote from even Hodgson. This guy is really not good enough.

I wouldn't  be surprised if he uses these sort of excuses and so call positives when he has meeting with Fsg. They no nothing about football so probably think all is going ok.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:33 am

“It's difficult for the supporters and everyone connected to the club. We've just got to go away and work even harder at being better, and that'll be the case.

“The players are bitterly disappointed because they know we can play better than that and over the course of the season I'm sure they will but as you can see there's still a lot of hard work ahead for us. The players are still learning and adapting to how we work.”

The players are disappointed but I'm pretty sure they will have moved on by monday. I can't believe he's pulling the learning and adapting to how we work shyte when he has done his best to confuse them.

“At 2-0 you’re up against it. We then got on the front foot, Christian scored an incredible goal with a high level of technique, so we were back in the game at 2-1 and looking at maybe getting something. But we then conceded within a minute and at 3-1 the game is dead.

:laugh:

“You need to [be better] technically and you have to be superior with the ball in order to build your attack.So that's something that needs a lot of work.

“We spoke about it at half-time with the players. We’re five games in and we haven’t created anywhere near as much as we would have liked. That’s something I need to go away with the coaches and staff and have a look at and how we can find ways in which to be much more creative."

I swear he said exactly the same thing when he first got the job  :(
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby The Good Yank » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:48 am

I like the guy but I think his time is done.  Question though is who?  Kenny as caretaker while Rafa has his dream job?

Seriously?  Who takes over?
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:23 am

Alas I cannot support this kind of football we're playing under Rodgers anymore. The reason I was very critical of Hodgson was because of the type of football he made the team play and right now the football we're playing is no better.

BR is playing hard to beat defensive football with poor defenders. But the blame cannot be laid just on the manager. This circus is also created by FSG. The owners should have just fired BR after last season if they felt that the objectives were not met. Instead they gave BR one last chance and probably demanded to see changes to meet their objectives. BR I'm afraid is too inexperienced and too young a manager to stick to his guns/ his philosophy and wanted to keep the job. He changed his philosophy for fear of failing again and FSG has in a way forced these changes on him.

Of course still relying on Skrtle and Lovren is BR's fault and not having a better spine is as well. It is looking atrocious, the football that we're playing, no character, no gameplan and very similar to Hodgson's football.

It probably is a good idea now for the owners to approach Klopp's agent and try as much as they can to lure him to Liverpool.

Edit: Our squad is actually not too bad. I am becoming more and more impressed with Benteke, he is not just a typical target man, he has technical ability and movement as well. When Sturridge comes back, we will have quite a decent strikeforce with very good creative players. I believe the new manager could also make use of Illori, Sakho and Skrtle. If we could splash some cash on a premier CM, our team can be a top four team.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:42 am

Even I've given up hope for Rodgers coming good.

As I've said before, we have a team of worker-players without any game changers or game winners. We will never be successful on that basis.

Bye bye Rodgers, don't forget your tooth brush.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:48 am

3 against West Ham.
3 against Palace.
3 against United, twice.
4 against Arsenal.
6 against Stoke.
All this within the last 12 league games

Rodgers must go, sadly i think we will have to suffer a few more defeats before the owners act !

40 points (premier league safety) looks a long, long way off atm
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:30 am

One other thing that really p!sses me off is that FSG, though they have provided support to the manager and funds to bring in the types of players BR wants, and rightly so, they think highly of the likes of Jurgen Klinnsmann and Bob Bradley. If they decide to give BR his marching orders, please, please do not bring these types in to replace him. They are just as worst........

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby LFC1990 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:50 am

Jurgen KLopp or Frank De boer

Sack rodgers put gary mac in charge until we get on of these 2

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion