Job too big for Rodgers?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Is the job too big for Rodgers and last season was a flash in the pan down to Suarez carrying us?

Yes
55%
No
36%
Not sure
9%

Total votes : 78

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:07 pm

Santa » Apr 25th, '15, 17:04 wrote:
aCe' » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:56 pm wrote:
maguskwt » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:45 am wrote: I believe our squad is much stronger now with the likes of lallana,  can, Moreno, Ibe, sterling, Coutinho, all forming quite a formidable young team With tremendous potentia. 

No. You are deluded if you think this a "formidable" young team. This is a bunch of a mid table players who do little to with Sterling and Coutinho of the bunch. And neither are good enough to start for our competition for that top4 spot. By your logic we should just go out and buy promising 13 year old year in year out and celebrate having promising kids as the mother of all achievements.

but...but...sir we were unbeaten from Jan to Mar  :rasp

:D , exactly, and what happened in the first half of the season? Oh yeah, I forgot, with BR in charge, LFC's season starts in Jan.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:12 pm

Brendan explains it clearly in today's Echo, the owners have got a philosophy and they are sticking to it, their approach has brought them a lot of success in a number of different ventures and it's not negotiable.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Penguins » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:13 pm

Which is the stance I have had since day 1.
We will never get anywhere with american(show me the money) owners.
I'm tired of getting in potential/cheap/undervalued all the time and long will it continue.
Top class cost lots of money both in fees and wages and for the 1st time in a while we have no world class players anymore.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:22 pm

BR brought in the exact players that he wanted. Owners have inveted heavily and BR goes out spending like a kid in a candy store. Buck stops with him.

The Owners have never told him what type of players to bring in. BR decides that and its up to him whether he takes the advice given to him by others. He doesn't listen. The under 25 thing that some talk about is **** because the Owners never said that.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:37 pm

Kash_Mountain » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:22 pm wrote:BR brought in the exact players that he wanted. Owners have inveted heavily and BR goes out spending like a kid in a candy store. Buck stops with him.

The Owners have never told him what type of players to bring in. BR decides that and its up to him whether he takes the advice given to him by others. He doesn't listen. The under 25 thing that some talk about is **** because the Owners never said that.

Of the 20 odd permanent transfers made during Rodgers tenure 6 have been over 23.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:40 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Apr 25th, '15, 18:37 wrote:
Kash_Mountain » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:22 pm wrote:BR brought in the exact players that he wanted. Owners have inveted heavily and BR goes out spending like a kid in a candy store. Buck stops with him.

Of the 20 odd permanent transfers made during Rodgers tenure 6 have been over 23.

As I said, that is up to BR not the Owners. Read what you like in the Press, but much of it is ****

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:58 pm

We can change managers as many times as you want but the transfer policy won't change
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:15 pm

And what is LFC's transfer policy?

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:29 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32468781

"I thought the players were outstanding, their courage and play on the ball. Across the team there were some outstanding performances,"

???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:38 pm

Kash_Mountain » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:15 pm wrote:And what is LFC's transfer policy?

Here's a quote from today's echo -
"The owners have great belief in their model" Rodgers told the Echo "how they work has brought them success in their many businesses, they are not about to rip up the plan. They will continue to support the work they believe in which is wanting to get young players in who can be developed. If there's the possibility of a senior player who can help the team and the value is right and that availability and affordability is there for them then I'm sure they will look at it"
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:57 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Apr 25th, '15, 19:38 wrote:
Kash_Mountain » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:15 pm wrote:And what is LFC's transfer policy?

Here's a quote from today's echo -
"The owners have great belief in their model" Rodgers told the Echo "how they work has brought them success in their many businesses, they are not about to rip up the plan. They will continue to support the work they believe in which is wanting to get young players in who can be developed. If there's the possibility of a senior player who can help the team and the value is right and that availability and affordability is there for them then I'm sure they will look at it"

Oh, from the Echo, well, i'm glad we cleared that up then  :eyebrow. BR is always the policitian trying to deflect blame......

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby The_Rock » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:59 pm

Rodgers is out .....come end of the season. His (and his incompetent coaching staff's) demeanour in the match against WBA just says it all. He knows he is a dead man walking.

Even in Rawk ...loads of posters want him gone now. I guess there is only so much patience you can have before you realise that it makes no sense whatsoever continuing in the current path.

Also I have read the posts from yakka about Rodgers talking about the owners' transfer policy. Rodgers is just using that as an excuse to cover his incompetence. I wouldnt' consider Lovern, Lallana and Lambert as young moneyball signings. But we still signed them for $hitload of money because I am sure Rodgers pushed for it.

Anyway.....I can't wait for this season to end. A truly unremarkable season where our European coefficient ranking dropped to 50. Some truly despairing performance in big games. It is truly an horrendous season.

At least we would have either Klopp or Rafa as our managers next season.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:23 pm

Just a bit of info as the review continues. The advisors looking at the situation as part of the top down review have suggested a couple of potential names, one is a South American (i won't name names) but apparently there is a language issue.

AvB was approached previously,  if the Owners see fit to remove BR, AvB may be asked to take over, and some believe that if he leaves Zenit, it'll be to LFC.  In any case, I don't want AvB anywhere near LFC

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby andy_g » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:27 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:29 pm wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32468781

"I thought the players were outstanding, their courage and play on the ball. Across the team there were some outstanding performances,"

???

football players are like kids. keep telling them they are outstanding and making a great effort and they will respond. keep telling them they are useless and they will be useless. there are all sorts of quibbles we can have with some of his actions, but bigging up his players in a standard, public tv soundbyte is surely one of the smallest of them.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:39 pm

andy_g » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:27 am wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:29 pm wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32468781

???

football players are like kids. keep telling them they are outstanding and making a great effort and they will respond. keep telling them they are useless and they will be useless. there are all sorts of quibbles we can have with some of his actions, but bigging up his players in a standard, public tv soundbyte is surely one of the smallest of them.

Rodgers still thinks he is a youth team coach. I can't believe how he conned the owners in giving him the job. I would like to know what was in his 200 page dossier that seems to convince FSG in giving him a job on his terms ?
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion