JAVIER MASCHERANO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby mungi » Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:12 am

Torres 2007 wrote:Yes but you have to ask yourself, what does he actually offer???

I have heard the figure of 17m being banded about for Mascerano's permanent  residence at Anfield.

Simply not worth it. I worry about Rafa sometimes. How come he can let a player like Didi Hamann go, and excellent tackler and controller of the midfield go to City.??and then talk about paying 17m for Mascerano?
Why they F*** do you think Man City are in the Top 3 right now in the EPL?? down to one man in the midfield. Hamann!!!

total respect!

Mascerano is not a Xabi Alonso, and I dont even think he is as good as Mohammed Sissoko. 

17m or let him go?

Let him so. He aint worth it.

its a no Brainer. for 17m, I want KAKA from Milan.

thats ur opinion but obviously many fans, players, coaches around the world rate him highly. if u read the torres interview he is the cruical man that balances the attack and defence. he may not go on dazzling runs or score any spectacular goals but his contribution to the team is crucial for liverpool's success. 17 mill to me is a bargain considering his age and what he will become in the future. he is IMHO the second most important fielder with alonso closely behind. comparing didi hamanm to masherano is complete nonsense coz masherano hasnt even reached his peak yet while didi at Liverpool was at his peak.
mungi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:21 am

Torres 2007 wrote:Yes but you have to ask yourself, what does he actually offer???

I have heard the figure of 17m being banded about for Mascerano's permanent  residence at Anfield.

Simply not worth it. I worry about Rafa sometimes. How come he can let a player like Didi Hamann go, and excellent tackler and controller of the midfield go to City.??and then talk about paying 17m for Mascerano?
Why they F*** do you think Man City are in the Top 3 right now in the EPL?? down to one man in the midfield. Hamann!!!

total respect!

Mascerano is not a Xabi Alonso, and I dont even think he is as good as Mohammed Sissoko. 

17m or let him go?

:laugh:
LFC2007

Postby lio » Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:33 am

How could one rated Mashe so lowly and yet he's a regular for his country today.
Football is 'religion' in Argentina. :cool:
lio

Postby hello_red » Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:16 am

Torres 2007 wrote:yeah u 10 year old.

wheres your argument?

All foam, no substance.

:eyebrow  :eyebrow

Sorry forgot.

Well Hamann was about 32 when we let him go, he wasnt getting games and he was injured for most of his last season. We let him go to Bolton because he wanted to carry on first team football and Rafa, in my opinion wanted to start afresh in this area. We started last seaon with just Alonso and Sissoko as our defence mids but after a while Rafa new that he had to get someone in so he went after Mascherano which was a great bit of busness and he has turned out to be excellent for his age, hes only 23 and will get better.

There is my argument, its all to do with age and longer lasting ability IMO.
hello_red
LFC Super Member

Postby Torres 2007 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:20 am

Bamaga man wrote:

total respect!

17m or let him go?

OMG.

silly post of the season goes to this man.  :Oo:

come off it!  :D

just stop it with these delerious knee-jerk over reactions, for mascherano (if i can ever spell his name right!..a,b,c etc)

listen, go on then any of you justify to me why he is worth 17m of hicks money!

I bet you cant!

simple as.

And for those of you silly no brainer fans who know diddly squat, his transfer fee has nothing to do with "he's young 23,24 and can give LFC another 10 years of his career"

thats not how they work transfer fees out you dumbos.
:Oo:

yeah he tackles and so what else??.................

erm not a lot.

hes slow, and not in the same league as sissoko.

Rafa rates Mascherano so highly he hardly plays him, when Alonso and Stevie are fit.

Howmany games has mascha started this season?

Not a lot for 17m of him.!
tut tut ???  ???
Last edited by Torres 2007 on Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Torres 2007

Postby username » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:14 am

Torres 2007 wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:

total respect!

17m or let him go?

OMG.

just stop it with these delerious knee-jerk over reactions, for mascherano (if i can ever spell his name right!..a,b,c etc)

I bet you cant!

simple as.

And for those of you silly no brainer fans who know diddly squat, his transfer fee has nothing to do with "he's young 23,24 and can give LFC another 10 years of his career"

erm not a lot.

Rafa rates Mascherano so highly he hardly plays him, when Alonso and Stevie are fit.

tut tut ???  ???

Just stop it with these delerious knee-jerk over reactions, for not getting mascherano

Listen then, i will justify to you why he is worth 17m of hicks money!

I bet i can!

simple as.
1st, hes younger which means he can play for longer, thats why when your 31 your worth alot less

he tackles great, he can pass (sissko cant), hes always in argentinas starting line up, hes can control the ball, he makes less mistakes than sissoko, oh, and hes not slow

for 17m, I want KAKA from Milan. To bad hes worth around 35+ mil...

Oh, hes not an Alonso because he plays a totaly diffrent style, and man city doing so well is thanks to there new signings like Petrov and elano

I think that covers everything....
"Fernando Towers won't triumph in the premiership.
And you can quote me on that. " - Sabre 2007
Sorry Sabre, but when i see stuff like this i have to quote it :D
username

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:19 am

Mate your either a WUM or an idiot, my guess is your probably a bit of both.

Just like goals win you games, and you'd be willing to pay big bucks for Kaka. Not conceeding goals is equally as important. Both Mascha and Alonso do this to very good effect. Its my opinion that your just a glory supporter, and are not able to see the qualities Mascha brings to the team.

You said he isnt quick :laugh:  Get a clue lad, he may well not be as well positioned say as Xabi is in his position, by this I mean he drifts slightly more where as Xabi will sit and hold his position more or less infront of the defence. The reason Mascha can do this is infact because HE DOES HAVE PACE to get himself back into position.

He is a tenacious player and one I'd guarentee many forwards or midfields wouldnt like to play against, I think he is the best hussler in the squad. He doesnt give midfielders the time on the ball they want, he's constantly snapping away at their heels like little Jack Russell. Mascha puts pressure on any player in any position of the field better IMO than say Momo. He can pass well to, work in tight areas with the ball. He has a low center of gravity that sometimes almost makes him impossible to shrug off the ball. He works tiresly for the team, and I'm sure Carra, Hyypia and Agger appreciate the work he does infront of them, I'll bet they'll tell you he's worth every penny of 17 million pounds.

He is IMO better than Alonso at bringing the ball out of defence, (i didnt saying pass) but carrying the ball out, he ventures further forward and chips in from time to time helping the attack out. And like Alonso I'd say a big majority of our moves start once Mascha has retrieved the ball from the opposition, the process starts from there, and unlike Sissoko who you actually think is better :laugh: Mascha retains possession and doesnt give it away as cheaply as the Momo.

And yes ontop of that he's only 23 and has many years ahead of him in football, and yes you clown football clubs and managers like Rafa take that into consideration. ITS AN INVESTMENT you plank, and thats one of the reasons he's been priced at 17 million.
Last edited by 66-1112520797 on Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
66-1112520797

Postby crazyhorse » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:24 am

Torres 2007 wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:

total respect!

17m or let him go?

OMG.

I bet you cant!

simple as.

erm not a lot.

tut tut ???  ???

An amoeba could destroy this pathestic little argument; because having read this post it is obvious that one probably has more football knowledge than you.

It is plain that you know little or nothing about the sport, or indeed LFC.

Get a life soft lad. Mascherano for 17 million is GOOD BUSINESS for the club, let alone the benefits of having such a player on the books - he has a good head (look at how few yellow cards he picks up compared to players in other teams who do the same job), is a good passer of the ball, is tenacious in the tackle and is the perfect foil for the Gerrards and Xabis in the team. And i think that if you bothered to look you would see that Rafa prefers a midfield three with Mascherano playing behind Stevie and Alonso.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:41 am

He's a WUM crazyhorse  :nod
66-1112520797

Postby crazyhorse » Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:19 am

:buttrock  :laugh:  :D
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:21 am

:D  :D  :D  :D

that was quite entertaining... Torres 2007 and jeff capes... you guys got some talent... stay on I say...  :D
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sean » Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:20 pm

My biggest fear is that the Mancs will take advantage of our procrastination and make a move for Mascherano.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby Bammo » Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:33 pm

The exact workings of the deal are still a bit murky. there was an interview with kia joorabchian (sp?) on either football focus or inside sport recently where he said liverpool have first refusal on mascherano. what we don't have in place is a deal tying masch to us.

what this means:
noone can sign masch from under our noses.
we get first offer to masch of a contract.
if masch turns us down, his ownership reterns to joorabchian.
other clubs can then make bids and offer contracts.

the mistake liverpool made is not making masch commit to us: they could have put a deal in place where if we met the price, masch would be legally committed to stay. at present he has the chance to refuse.

before everyone panics about our speed, look at it this way: we get first offer to him in the summer. we could pay £17m for him now, only for him to break his leg and be out for 18 months ???
Twitter[url=http://twitter.com/IanBamford[/URL]Lego Pirates:
[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v....o0]http[/url]

Scallies: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SRWxvm_HNQU
Bammo
LFC Super Member

Postby lakes10 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:39 pm

It was reported Liverpool's American co-owners George Gillett and Tom Hicks had placed Benitez under a transfer embargo on moves in and out of Anfield. But Parry told BBC Sport: "I can say that this is absolute rubbish."

Liverpool, however, are likely to wait until the summer to complete a proposed £17m move for Javier Mascherano
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/7149636.stm

the summer
WTF
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:17 pm

was absolutely immense today. MOM for me. there's no way he should be playing anywhere other than here in the near distant future. sign him up on a 5 year contract now.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion