JAVIER MASCHERANO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Toffeehater » Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:24 pm

that was harsh ace , yea but saying masch is slow and not intelligent well maybe u deserve that then , but i think that what sabre said is true , if he is so slow , how does he reach so many tackles just in time ?? masch is a better player thne carrick , nani and anderson , i mean from what i have seen so far and not to mention that he is one of the most consistent performers in our squad and also in the premier league
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red--sangria » Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:33 pm

my argument is the price forMascharano (17 million) how much is going to be left available to strengthen parts of the team ( Centre Half, Winger, Forward) which for me is a much bigger priority than a position in which we already have massive strength. Surely that is a valid point and in no way any sort of negative dig at Mascharano or his ability as a footballer, Yes it would hurt if we never got him but surely it would hurt alot more if we did buy him and never had enough money in the pot in the summer to buy maybe a Richards, Queresma or top class forward that will take the team up to the next level, as mentioned before our record of keeping clean sheets is there for all to see wether Mascharano was there or not surely that must say something.
One last point is regarding the unfair stick Momo Sissoko has took, This is a young lad still finding his way in the English game and in that time has had a career threatening injury to his eye which near cost him his sight altogether never mind career and please take into consideration he did this playing for our great club, also he had a terrible shoulder dislocation which seemed to badly effect his confidence also. Now we all know Momo cant pass but lets give him support and time to get it right instead of talking about getting shut, I honestly believe he can still be that very same player we all thought he could be after his first season, lets face it out of all the central midfielders we have on our books nobody has a high energy, in your face, no nonesense game like his ask Deco, Xavi and Michael Ballack who all tried mixing it with him and all failed miserably, lets give him a chance to live up to the song of the "best midfield in the world".forgive me for be negative is what i see in this player for many years i no see many qualities in mascherano apart from defend.. style
i will not pay more than 8 millions for him... mascherano.

i love ALONSO not for liverpool . alonso is a player for spain in the top teams
red--sangria

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:37 pm

red--sangria wrote:my argument is the price forMascharano (17 million) how much is going to be left available to strengthen parts of the team ( Centre Half, Winger, Forward) which for me is a much bigger priority than a position in which we already have massive strength. Surely that is a valid point and in no way any sort of negative dig at Mascharano or his ability as a footballer, Yes it would hurt if we never got him but surely it would hurt alot more if we did buy him and never had enough money in the pot in the summer to buy maybe a Richards, Queresma or top class forward that will take the team up to the next level, as mentioned before our record of keeping clean sheets is there for all to see wether Mascharano was there or not surely that must say something.
One last point is regarding the unfair stick Momo Sissoko has took, This is a young lad still finding his way in the English game and in that time has had a career threatening injury to his eye which near cost him his sight altogether never mind career and please take into consideration he did this playing for our great club, also he had a terrible shoulder dislocation which seemed to badly effect his confidence also. Now we all know Momo cant pass but lets give him support and time to get it right instead of talking about getting shut, I honestly believe he can still be that very same player we all thought he could be after his first season, lets face it out of all the central midfielders we have on our books nobody has a high energy, in your face, no nonesense game like his ask Deco, Xavi and Michael Ballack who all tried mixing it with him and all failed miserably, lets give him a chance to live up to the song of the "best midfield in the world".forgive me for be negative is what i see in this player for many years i no see many qualities in mascherano apart from defend.. style

The first part of your post is fait enough. Its an ongoing debate on here whether we would be better strengthening other parts of the team rather than fork out major money for Mascherano.
One thing i will say is, how do we know its 17 million ? We have only read that. We dont know hardly anthing about how his original loan move worked and the costs involved etc.
So speculating about that price might be pointless.
Also you did have a negative dig about Mascherano's ability when you cleary stated that he was slow and unintelligent.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red--sangria » Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:49 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:
red--sangria wrote:my argument is the price forMascharano (17 million) how much is going to be left available to strengthen parts of the team ( Centre Half, Winger, Forward) which for me is a much bigger priority than a position in which we already have massive strength. Surely that is a valid point and in no way any sort of negative dig at Mascharano or his ability as a footballer, Yes it would hurt if we never got him but surely it would hurt alot more if we did buy him and never had enough money in the pot in the summer to buy maybe a Richards, Queresma or top class forward that will take the team up to the next level, as mentioned before our record of keeping clean sheets is there for all to see wether Mascharano was there or not surely that must say something.

The first part of your post is fait enough. Its an ongoing debate on here whether we would be better strengthening other parts of the team rather than fork out major money for Mascherano.
One thing i will say is, how do we know its 17 million ? We have only read that. We dont know hardly anthing about how his original loan move worked and the costs involved etc.
So speculating about that price might be pointless.
Also you did have a negative dig about Mascherano's ability when you cleary stated that he was slow and unintelligent.

yes mate  i do. mascherano is very slow player and meny time is lost in the pisch no glever in posicional in the game .is only my opinion...
red--sangria

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:09 pm

red--sangria wrote:yes mate  i do. mascherano is very slow player and meny time is lost in the pisch no glever in posicional in the game .is only my opinion...

Yes you are right it is....only YOUR OPINION.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:23 pm

Weird. You told me your english is not good enough, but you don't construct some phrases as a Spaniard. I only learned some expressions through reading my mates here, so well done Red Sangria. *cough* :)

You've explained your position about Mascherano, which is nice although I disagree.

I didn't quite understand this, though. What do you mean?
Last edited by Sabre on Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:32 pm

Sign him, but £17m is a lot of money IMHO.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:57 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:Sign him, but £17m is a lot of money IMHO.

I wouldn't worry about the money mate, we can always get it back by selling Xabi  :p
account deleted by request

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:59 pm

s@int wrote:

I wouldn't worry about the money mate, we can always get it back by selling Xabi  :p

I dont know.

Who do you think is better and more suited to playing with Gerrard  :D

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:15 pm

s@int wrote:

Is it just me, or we have been at this point before?

Deja vu!! :D
Last edited by Sabre on Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red--sangria » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:52 pm

Sabre wrote:Weird. You told me your english is not good enough, but you don't construct some phrases as a Spaniard. I only learned some expressions through reading my mates here, so well done Red Sangria. *cough* :)

You've explained your position about Mascherano, which is nice although I disagree.

xabi alonso- has proven that he is one of the best in his position. this is way the best teams in the world want him.
my wish for this season is that xabi leaves.
i find it very hard to handle the injutice towards this player for mainly selfish reasons to benefit a nother player intead of the good of the team ,
my second wish is that liverpool win the champion leaque.
red--sangria

Postby Sabre » Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:18 am

What injustice mate? Xabi Alonso has played well for Liverpool and he has been praised. When Mascherano has provided more quality depth to the squad, he has been rotated, as Mascherano has been. They're top players and they know in a big club they'll have that kind of competition.

Before his injury Alonso played almost everything in the premiership, he was rotated in cups and Europe. I don't see any injustice. I hope he stays in the club many years.

If you talk about some comments around here, it's just fans saying they like other players, not a drama.
Last edited by Sabre on Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:27 am

red--sangria wrote:
Sabre wrote:Weird. You told me your english is not good enough, but you don't construct some phrases as a Spaniard. I only learned some expressions through reading my mates here, so well done Red Sangria. *cough* :)

xabi alonso- has proven that he is one of the best in his position. this is way the best teams in the world want him.
my wish for this season is that xabi leaves.
i find it very hard to handle the injutice towards this player for mainly selfish reasons to benefit a nother player intead of the good of the team ,
my second wish is that liverpool win the champion leaque.

Honesty is the best policy, but insanity is usually the best defence  :D
account deleted by request

Postby RedBlood » Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:24 am

sell sissoko and carson to get money for him, hes top class

red sangria your a ti.t
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby Toffeehater » Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:46 am

s@int wrote:

crack head  :p . the problem is that if we sign masch , what will the price be? no 1 knows yet for sure except for his agent kia . Also if we sign him , gerrard's gotta play on the right with alonso and masch in the middle which leaves the left flank , maybe kewell? i find if we can stick with this midfield , winning the league shud be no problem . I also agree with sangria that spending so much money on 1 player might be abit foolish as that money perhaps could be used to sign a winger or a centre back that we more urgently need . We have momo , whom can play well as we have seen in his first season , all he needs is time and regular starts and he will be a star for the future . Not saying that i would be the one who would let masch go so easily without a fight , i would keep him but at the right price and the max that i would pay for him if i was manger would be ard 11 to 14 mill ,but thats up to kia and we  all know how he operates
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion