Jan '10 transfer window - ...who are we being linked with..

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Kopite-Jud » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:34 am

yeh £20 mil for Cole and we paid £21 mil for Torres, fun times :laugh:  i hear we wer linked with mohammadu diarra (sorry about the spelling) 

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news....929.htm
Kopite-Jud

Postby killerp » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:37 am

The_Rock wrote:
The Real Deal wrote:I will bet anyone in here £1000. Rafa will not sign ANYONE of any significance. maybe some dud greek defender for the reserves, but I doubt LFc will buy any new players.
With so many injured coming back, Rafa prob feels we have enough.

Although i'm not really benitez's biggest fan.....he does seem to be going in the right direction of "buying quality" instead of "quantity" this season. Yeah he bought that greek dinosaur who makes hyppia look like usain bolt. But 2 out of 3...isn't a bad start.

If benitez continues buying quality players (although aquaman is injured and all...i can make a prediction now that he will make a bigger impact than dossena, lucas, ngog), the team will deffo improve.

If he is gonna stay here for 4 more years...then hope he continues this trend. We already have a $hitload of average players........so quality is the way to go. And i think Benitez is going quality too..

Johnson, Aquilani & even Kyrgiakos all look like decent quality, just keep that trend going & things will be better in the long run.
killerp

Postby killerp » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:49 am

"Liverpool lining up January move for Ruud van Nistelrooy - Exclusive"

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news....61.html

If it's a loan move would be a better option than Voronin
killerp

Postby Kharhaz » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:11 am

Kopite-Jud wrote:yeh £20 mil for Cole and we paid £21 mil for Torres, fun times :laugh:  i hear we wer linked with mohammadu diarra (sorry about the spelling) 

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news....929.htm

Dont laugh, as much as I like Robbie Keane, even I thought the reports of £20 m for him were daft and thought it unlikely, and was miffed when we paid that much for him. As we all know, the joke continued.

Like I said, dont laugh, be VERY wary.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:11 am

killerp wrote:"Liverpool lining up January move for Ruud van Nistelrooy - Exclusive"

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news....61.html

If it's a loan move would be a better option than Voronin

I think that this deal could only work out if we don't make it to the knock outs.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby Ciggy » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:39 am

Oh well ............

[url=http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2009/11/23/liverpool-defender-martin-skrtel-s-joy-at-scoring-first-goal-ruined-by-costly-defensive-di
splay-100252-25229328/2/]http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpo....2[/url]
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fauxy » Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:53 pm

Here is my new january wish list:

1. Sell Dossena, Sell Babel, Sell Lucas (that should get us... £14 Million or so?)

2. Get either Javi Martinez from Athletico Madrid (would cost around £10 Million) or get Koman (would cost around £5 Million)

3. Loan Van Nistelrooy if possible. If not then try and buy Lavezzi who would probably cost 6-10 Million.

And then I would be a happy camper  :laugh:
Fauxy

Postby Waldo » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:01 pm

Fauxy wrote:Here is my new january wish list:

1. Sell Dossena, Sell Babel, Sell Lucas (that should get us... £14 Million or so?)

2. Get either Javi Martinez from Athletico Madrid (would cost around £10 Million) or get Koman (would cost around £5 Million)

3. Loan Van Nistelrooy if possible. If not then try and buy Lavezzi who would probably cost 6-10 Million.

And then I would be a happy camper  :laugh:

Dear Santa...
Waldo
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:07 pm

Someone who doesnt mind playing Europa League :down:
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Waldo » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:13 pm

Boocity wrote:Someone who doesnt mind playing Europa League :down:

You forgot to say please
Waldo
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:22 pm

Waldo wrote:
Boocity wrote:Someone who doesnt mind playing Europa League :down:

You forgot to say please

Please someone who doesnt mind playing Europa League

or

Someone please, who doesnt mind playing Europa League

or

Someone who doesnt mind playing Europa League please

How about

Please someone who pleasingly doesnt mind playing pleasing Europa League pretty please
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:38 pm

This cack result last night is going to make it significantly more difficult to attract players to LFC in January....That's assuming to start with that a prospective seller will settle for a couple of crateloads of never-to-be-used-again beachballs in exchange !!
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby CTID » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:39 pm

footballcrystal7 wrote:Have not got time to  type full message, but was listening to the Robinho news on the radio. Now I know he is trouble, has a big ego, but I believe he is the perfect signing for you. It would be a massive gamble, but quite frankly you need one.

The question is whether City would be stupid enough to sell him to CL spot rivals and if Barca come in for him. In my opinion he is the only top player you have any chance of affording.

OK......

So we spent 32.5M to bring Robinho to City a little over a year ago. Despite his niggling injuries he was world class last year and scored 14 goals from the left wing. Not even his natural position. Stick a fully fit Robinho behind the striker and he'd be unstopable.

IF (and it's a very big IF) we ever considered selling our prize asset it would only be to a foreign club. Selling to a direct premier league rival....Well you all know it's :censored: so i won't even bother to go there. Plus we would only sell him for a profit on what we payed for him and Liverpool are skint let alone in the market for a 40M brazilian. It's laughable.

As for those of you that say you wouldn't want him at Anfield. That's even more laughable. He'd stroll into your team. Only Gerrard and Torres are at Robinhos level. Sure he has a massive ego. But everybody in the City dressing room loves him. So does Hughesy. He always has a smile on his face. He says he loves it at City. I for one believe him. You can't blame a player if the media want to write bollox about you every 10 mins.
CTID

Postby Fauxy » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:45 pm

Hatem Ben Arfa set to leave Marseille after altercation with Didier Deschamps

Enigmatic young attacker Hatem Ben Arfa is set to leave Olympique de Marseille after a bust-up with coach Didier Deschamps on Tuesday.

Europe 1 reported that the Olympique Lyonnais youth product aimed angry words at the former Juventus boss, accusing him of “breaking his balls”.

Signed from Lyon for the princely sum of €12 million in the summer of 2008, Ben Arfa has failed to live up to expectations in the port city, only briefly producing flashes of the brilliance he is capable of.

Under Eric Gerets, he was frequently given an opportunity to shine, but Deschamps’ reign has brought with it limited first team chances – a situation that is clearly frustrating the 22-year-old France international.

“I could help, I can help, but it is he who holds the key,” Deschamps explained to L’Equipe.

“I know that at any moment he can eliminate four opponents and make a decisive action, but football is not just about that. There are also requirements with and without the ball, regularity and repetition. He has talent but he expresses it sparingly.”

I would take Ben Arfa anyday, class player.. can play on the wings or as a striker.
Fauxy

Postby lakes10 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:00 pm

if Rafa is still the manager he will only be given a small amount of money, it will be what he did not spend in the last window, 16mil, but they might even cut that.

if its a new manager you might be looking at around 40 to 50 mil tp spend.

i dont get much info on the take over stuff now but the last i heard Hicks was setting to  pump some money into the club along with a 3rd party.
after i heard that my mate left ml for city bank, so i only get small bits of info from other friends there, just before the press gets hold of it.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion