Jan '10 transfer window - ...who are we being linked with..

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby slickrick » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:33 pm

will ya stop goin on about buyin robinho, we've 12 million to spend, he would cost around 40, it not going to happen so get over it
slickrick

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:58 pm

slickrick wrote:will ya stop goin on about buyin robinho, we've 12 million to spend, he would cost around 40, it not going to happen so get over it

Were did you find 12  million, 12 pence more like an a lollypop :nod
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:51 pm

[url=http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Liverpool-duo-heading-for-exit-door-as-Rafa-Benitez-bids-to-raise-cash-for-Hamburg-star-ar
ticle221669.html]Mirror link[/url]

Liverpool duo heading for exit door as Rafa Benitez bids to raise cash for Hamburg star

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez is hoping to raise £15million from the sale of misfits Andrea Dossena and Ryan Babel – and wants to splash some of the cash on Dutchman Eljero Elia.

Roma and Napoli are set to battle it out for the signature of Italian international Dossena when the transfer window opens in January.

Liverpool want to recoup most of the £7m they paid Udinese for the 28-year-old just 18 months ago.

Benitez will also look to find a buyer for Babel, who has failed to meet expectations since joining the Reds for £12m at the same time.
The boss has identified Hamburg striker Elia as the man to ease the goalscoring burden on Fernando Torres.

But the German club will want a profit on the £8m they paid FC Twente for the Holland international last summer.

Benitez needs to generate funds for new recruits. And Dossena is desperate to leave  to safeguard his place in Italy’s World Cup squad.

His agent, Roberto La Florio, confirmed that Roma and Napoli have both registered an interest.

La Florio said: “Andrea is getting no space at Liverpool and he wants to return to Italy to play more regularly so that he can be a part of the squad for the World Cup.”

Babel, 22, scored a sensational Champions League goal for in the 1-1 draw with Lyon this month. But Benitez has run out of patience with him.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kawaton » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:19 pm

various reports this morning that we are after Eduardo for £10m
kawaton

Postby The_Rock » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:55 pm

kawaton wrote:various reports this morning that we are after Eduardo for £10m

I would like it if we sign him. He is a good player....but i am not sure how much that injury has taken off him. We already have an squad which is somewhat injury-prone. So getting eduardo ain't really a good idea.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:34 pm

Would Arsenal even sell him? He is a decent striker. Plus selling to a rival ect...
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby erlee » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:21 am

i say BUY benny McCArthy on the cheap
erlee

Postby killerp » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:21 am

The_Rock wrote:
kawaton wrote:various reports this morning that we are after Eduardo for £10m

I would like it if we sign him. He is a good player....but i am not sure how much that injury has taken off him. We already have an squad which is somewhat injury-prone. So getting eduardo ain't really a good idea.

Arsenal players are injury prone, just look at Van Persie, Walcott, Rosicky(their version of Kewell), Gallas, Clichy etc......

Better to pick players that are a bit more solid
killerp

Postby only me » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:07 pm

Redman in wales wrote:[url=http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Liverpool-duo-heading-for-exit-door-as-Rafa-Benitez-bids-to-raise-cash-for-Hamburg-star-ar

ticle221669.html]Mirror link[/url]

Liverpool duo heading for exit door as Rafa Benitez bids to raise cash for Hamburg star

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez is hoping to raise £15million from the sale of misfits Andrea Dossena and Ryan Babel – and wants to splash some of the cash on Dutchman Eljero Elia.

Roma and Napoli are set to battle it out for the signature of Italian international Dossena when the transfer window opens in January.

Liverpool want to recoup most of the £7m they paid Udinese for the 28-year-old just 18 months ago.

Benitez will also look to find a buyer for Babel, who has failed to meet expectations since joining the Reds for £12m at the same time.
The boss has identified Hamburg striker Elia as the man to ease the goalscoring burden on Fernando Torres.

But the German club will want a profit on the £8m they paid FC Twente for the Holland international last summer.

Benitez needs to generate funds for new recruits. And Dossena is desperate to leave  to safeguard his place in Italy’s World Cup squad.

His agent, Roberto La Florio, confirmed that Roma and Napoli have both registered an interest.

La Florio said: “Andrea is getting no space at Liverpool and he wants to return to Italy to play more regularly so that he can be a part of the squad for the World Cup.”

Babel, 22, scored a sensational Champions League goal for in the 1-1 draw with Lyon this month. But Benitez has run out of patience with him.

Elia would be a great signing ,saw a few Hamburg games and he is just superb ,he is quick and strong has good ball control ,would love see him land at Anfield.

Although i'm not sure he is a striker ,more of a winger...Hamburg doesn't play him upfront.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:21 pm

Yeah I just wrote something about Eduardo in another thread.He is a good idea according to me =D.So I have 4 strikers till now: Agbronlahore (who you guys said that Villa wont give him, so I gues out) Robinho (I saw that you guys were talking about him in the previous posts, he is a good idea, but i doubt that we can aford him), Eduardo (who is a verry talented player, who is a little out of shape but I bet that we could give him back his old shape if we buy him) and Pandev (the striker from Lazio, who is a great player, but is sitting on the bech becouse of the argument between him and the maneger).But I bet that Rafa will suprise us again with buying some un known kid who will prove to be the player of the century =).Sorry about the long post :D.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:25 pm

Dont apologise about long post mate - some love them on here :p

As for your options the only realistic one i can see is Pandev who is a very very good player and would be happy for him at the club

Robinho - no chance - got a feeling he wants to go back to spain

Agbonlahor - couldnt afford him

Eduardo - Wenger rates him and wont sell him .
Benny The Noon

Postby damjan193 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:36 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Dont apologise about long post mate - some love them on here :p

As for your options the only realistic one i can see is Pandev who is a very very good player and would be happy for him at the club

Robinho - no chance - got a feeling he wants to go back to spain

Agbonlahor - couldnt afford him

Eduardo - Wenger rates him and wont sell him .

Damn, I was really hoping on something with Eduardo =D.About Robinho, I think your right, and as we know Barca is trying to get him this seson, so I think we dont have the chances to get him.Nor the money haha.So Pandev... I would love to see some of my country's players in Liverpool haha.I mean dont get me wrong it aint the only reason why I want him in Liverpool, but since we are looking for a cheep but good player, and since Pandev is looking for a good team to countineu his carear in, then what is Rafa waiting for haha.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:37 pm

Well would snap up pandev - great striker and can easily drop deep and play in wider areas as well .
Benny The Noon

Postby slickrick » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:00 am

heard we're after ade akinbiyi
slickrick

Postby killerp » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:21 am

"Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez is reportedly contemplating a £10 million January move for Arsenal striker Eduardo. The Croatian forward is thought to be becoming increasingly agitated at the Emirates with his lack of first team football, although that could soon change after the weekend international injury picked up by Robin van Persie"

I think posts like this are utter rubbish & mega hyper speculation, why would Arsenal sell one of their key strikers to a rival team? & now with the Van Persie injury even less likely.
killerp

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion