Jan '10 transfer window - ...who are we being linked with..

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Anfield's Finest » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:53 am

I honestly can't see Agonblahor, Carlton Cole or Eduardo coming to Anfield.

God know's who will come in, if anyone but can't see it being any of them three. McGeady would be one of my main targets or Elia.
Anfield's Finest

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:58 am

Liverpool to have say in Bolton move for MTK star Lencse
17.11.09 | tribalfootball.com

Bolton Wanderers are chasing Hungary striker Laszlo Lencse.

The Sun says the Trotters are lining up a £250,000 move for Hungary's strike sensation Lencse, 21, who plays for MTK and has scored nine goals in 12 games this season.

Liverpool may have a say in any deal for Bolton as the Reds have a close relationship with MTK.

Bolton boss Gary Megson is anxious about boosting his goal shy attack in January.

I wonder if Rafa really is interested in this guy, or is it just a plan to foil Bolton's attempts to sign him ?
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Ciggy » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:09 am

3 or 4 are leaving and no replacements coming in sauce Rafa Benitez.

Bungle Mark dont quote articles atributed from the scum on here mate.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby made in UK » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:25 am

3 or 4 are leaving and no replacements coming in sauce Rafa Benitez.

It could be a smokescreen :;):
"I'm a bellend and now I'm banned for life"
made in UK
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:34 am

Ciggy wrote:3 or 4 are leaving and no replacements coming in sauce Rafa Benitez.

Mate, I didn't quote the S*n...It's from tribalfootball.com

But point taken and may I pray for forgiveness !!

Where are you getting this from : "3 or 4 are leaving and no replacements coming in sauce Rafa Benitez." ?

We don't know if nobody is coming in yet. I would be surprised if Purslow DIDN'T release some funds for new players, even without the additional money raised from selling the likes of Vorocrap and Dossena...
bunglemark2

Postby made in UK » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:46 am

bunglemark2 wrote:
Ciggy wrote:3 or 4 are leaving and no replacements coming in sauce Rafa Benitez.

Mate, I didn't quote the S*n...It's from tribalfootball.com

But point taken and may I pray for forgiveness !!

Where are you getting this from : "3 or 4 are leaving and no replacements coming in sauce Rafa Benitez." ?

We don't know if nobody is coming in yet. I would be surprised if Purslow DIDN'T release some funds for new players, even without the additional money raised from selling the likes of Vorocrap and Dossena...

It was in the interview with Rafa by Tony Evans, I've just had a read again and its not quoted directly from Rafa.
"I'm a bellend and now I'm banned for life"
made in UK
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:39 pm

Reports in respected Spanish publication El Mundo Deportivo reveal that Real Madrid are set to sell six stars in the January transfer window. The six set for the exit door are Mahamadou Diarra, who has been linked with Arsenal, former Manchester United forward Ruud van Nistelrooy who has attracted interest from Tottenham Hotspur, Argentine international Fernando Gago, former Liverpool goalkeeper Jerzy Dudek, Dutch international Royston Drenthe, previously linked with Chelsea, and German defender Christopher Metzelder.

The news will put the a host of Europe's top clubs on alert with Madrid president Florentino Perez looking to ease the clubs wage bill following last summer's 250 million euro blow out.

Which ones would improve us ?

Van Horse ,Drenthe, Metzelder and one of Gago or Diarra would improve our squad
Benny The Noon

Postby red_guy » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:13 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Which ones would improve us ?

Van Horse - Yes

Drenthe - attitude problem, i would say no.

Metzelder - err......

gago - NO

Diarra - If Mascher goes, just a replacement not an improvement.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Festy » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:58 pm

What about Bobby Zamora and Ricardo Fuller ? :p
ImageImageImage

-----YOU WILL NEVER WALK ALONE. WILL YOU ?-----
Festy

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:32 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Reports in respected Spanish publication El Mundo Deportivo reveal that Real Madrid are set to sell six stars in the January transfer window. The six set for the exit door are Mahamadou Diarra, who has been linked with Arsenal, former Manchester United forward Ruud van Nistelrooy who has attracted interest from Tottenham Hotspur, Argentine international Fernando Gago, former Liverpool goalkeeper Jerzy Dudek, Dutch international Royston Drenthe, previously linked with Chelsea, and German defender Christopher Metzelder.

The news will put the a host of Europe's top clubs on alert with Madrid president Florentino Perez looking to ease the clubs wage bill following last summer's 250 million euro blow out.

Which ones would improve us ?

No to any of the above, bar maybe Metzelder perhaps....

I believe we should be trying to promote from within if possible, deffo up front (Nemeth, Ecclestone, Pacheco), and at leas a couple of the lads at the back. Midfield is where we have a major issue....
bunglemark2

Postby Owzat » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:34 pm

Promoting from within isn't going to solve our problem of lack of quality, may well simply emphasise it even more and screw up any chance some kids may have of making it. They might be ok for subs appearances and the odd start, but our squad lacks depth and what we could do with is Rafa shopping in the bargain section and getting one of those named for less than they are worth instead of paying over the odds for Keanes, Johnsons and Dossenas.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:52 pm

Owzat wrote:Promoting from within isn't going to solve our problem of lack of quality, may well simply emphasise it even more and screw up any chance some kids may have of making it. They might be ok for subs appearances and the odd start, but our squad lacks depth and what we could do with is Rafa shopping in the bargain section and getting one of those named for less than they are worth instead of paying over the odds for Keanes, Johnsons and Dossenas.

exactly. Isn't Spearing suppose to be the best of our current youngsters?

He's cr@p!
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:39 am

Eduardo just signed a long term contract, his price just went up!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/footbal....ontract
killerp

Postby The Real Deal » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:27 am

I will bet anyone in here £1000. Rafa will not sign ANYONE of any significance. maybe some dud greek defender for the reserves, but I doubt LFc will buy any new players.
With so many injured coming back, Rafa prob feels we have enough.
The Real Deal

Postby The_Rock » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:21 am

The Real Deal wrote:I will bet anyone in here £1000. Rafa will not sign ANYONE of any significance. maybe some dud greek defender for the reserves, but I doubt LFc will buy any new players.
With so many injured coming back, Rafa prob feels we have enough.

Although i'm not really benitez's biggest fan.....he does seem to be going in the right direction of "buying quality" instead of "quantity" this season. Yeah he bought that greek dinosaur who makes hyppia look like usain bolt. But 2 out of 3...isn't a bad start.

If benitez continues buying quality players (although aquaman is injured and all...i can make a prediction now that he will make a bigger impact than dossena, lucas, ngog), the team will deffo improve.

If he is gonna stay here for 4 more years...then hope he continues this trend. We already have a $hitload of average players........so quality is the way to go. And i think Benitez is going quality too..
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion