JAMIE CARRAGHER - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Sir Roger » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:05 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:
Sir Roger wrote:
dawson99 wrote:He looked absolutely done in at the end. He cant put in that performance every week but he gave absolutely everything in that game. Awesome display

Hes had some terrible stick over the last few months, most of it deserved. But I think he deserves praise for his performance last week.
A true Captains performance
:buttrock

Agreed, he was brilliant the other night and led by example.
It was great to see that from him after some difficult times this season.

he is never a wing back though mate.

Wednesday would suggest otherwise...
???
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:30 pm

If your actually being serious then i suggest you look at every other time he has played full back.
He is a steady player in that position but nowhere near what you would call a wing back.
As a footballer, first touch passing, decision making in the final third etc he is nowhere near good enough.
If he played there he would be steady but not offer anywhere near enough going forwards.
Could you see him overlapping our right midfielder ?
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Sir Roger » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:49 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:If your actually being serious then i suggest you look at every other time he has played full back.
He is a steady player in that position but nowhere near what you would call a wing back.
As a footballer, first touch passing, decision making in the final third etc he is nowhere near good enough.
If he played there he would be steady but not offer anywhere near enough going forwards.

Like he did on wednesday?
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby crazyhorse » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:01 pm

Sir Roger wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:If your actually being serious then i suggest you look at every other time he has played full back.

He did, but he does not have the legs to do that any more on  regular basis. Also he had a defensively minded player in Deggen in front of him backing him up allowing him to throw caution to the wind and pile forward.. but to me his forrays were all power and passion and not skillful. He is no Johnson as a RB.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:25 pm

Sir Roger wrote:

9 times out of 10 when the ball is at carra's feet he panicks and hoofs it, he is poor in posession, one of worst players in that respect.
To suggest he would make a good wing back to me is ridiculous.
I suppose it depends on what you want from your wingbacks though.
I would want mine to help link defence and attack.
To provide a threat going forwards and to score the odd goal here and there and create quite a few.
He wouldnt do that.
Ben Patrick

Postby roberto green » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:47 pm

Sir Roger wrote:I dont know if anyone has mentioned Carras contribution on wednesday which has paved the way for the possibility of an upturn of our fortunes?
What a revelation as a wing back! Marauding down the line beating people, forcing corners, whipping in crosses. Unbelievable!
hes found his new position proving theres life in the old dog yet.
Well done the Bootle ball-bag...
:;):

less of the Bootle ball bag please

:D
roberto green

Postby Dundalk » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:54 pm

He had been leading by example lately and put in a real captains performance against Spurs on Wednesday. More of that please, it exactly what we need
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leep33 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:32 pm

Carra is a total legend and in my opinion would make a great manager for us!!
leep33

Postby Sir Roger » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:39 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:
Sir Roger wrote:

9 times out of 10 when the ball is at carra's feet he panicks and hoofs it, he is poor in posession, one of worst players in that respect.
To provide a threat going forwards and to score the odd goal here and there and create quite a few.
He wouldnt do that.

Are you saying he couldnt play like he played last wednesday ever again?
Really??
???
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby Rockthekop » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:20 pm

Carragher is an out and out CB, great at defending and reading the game. 

If you need a solid RB he'll do the job but don't expect much in the attacking sense. 

Carra is as much a wing back as Kuyt is a top winger :D
Rockthekop

Postby Ben Patrick » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:27 am

Sir Roger wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:
Sir Roger wrote:

He wouldnt do that.

Are you saying he couldnt play like he played last wednesday ever again?
Really??
???

see tonight

steady but unspectacular
Ben Patrick

Postby shawnk » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:28 am

Other than the good things already mention about him but I thought he was also awful as RB. Getting past by their left winger so easily in the match against Wolves. IMO Carra should not be at right back as he's no longer as quick as before, There's even occasion where Masch has to help out.
shawnk

Postby banana » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:47 am

shawnk wrote:Other than the good things already mention about him but I thought he was also awful as RB. Getting past by their left winger so easily in the match against Wolves. IMO Carra should not be at right back as he's no longer as quick as before, There's even occasion where Masch has to help out.

Based on his latest games he should no longer be in the starting 11. Last night he was awful and this was down to lack of actual skills in several departments:

-pace
-control
-crossing
-flair
-passing
-creativity

Carra is through.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby Zidane » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:12 pm

banana wrote:
shawnk wrote:Other than the good things already mention about him but I thought he was also awful as RB. Getting past by their left winger so easily in the match against Wolves. IMO Carra should not be at right back as he's no longer as quick as before, There's even occasion where Masch has to help out.

Based on his latest games he should no longer be in the starting 11. Last night he was awful and this was down to lack of actual skills in several departments:

-pace
-control
-crossing
-flair
-passing
-creativity

Carra is through.

Don't be a fool, Carra is far from through as a CB.  As a RB everyone knows he's horrible so criticism when he plays that position is unfair.
Zidane

Postby huang xiangwen » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:47 am

today is your birthday !happy birthday to bliss you happiness everyday! :)
一日红军人,一生红军魂!
huang xiangwen

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion