JAMES MILNER - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kazza » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:26 pm

I see a player with great energy, plays his position well, listens to the coach's instructions well, fantastic fitness and a team player. I just wish he had more quality about him. Poor corners one after the other yet he still takes them, a lot of loose passes and sometimes chooses the wrong option. I see why Klopp will play him but if he had more quality he would start any team and be world class. Honestly he is just too average in his technical skills but great to have his energy.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:13 pm

Can never fault his commitment and has the odd excellent performance in him like last night. City got the best years out of him though. Hes 30 and has got maybe one more season (if that) in him with his all action run 100 miles a game style. After that he'll decline rapidly... while still on a massive contract here.

At least he's got a bit of experience, which makes him important to this group in the short term.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:38 pm

He will be off to MLS or china to finish off his career.

Like many im happy aswel with his commitment abd energy on the pitch. Quality may lack but atleast he give it his all.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:24 pm

Pay me £130k  a week (or whatever he earns) and I'll run myself into the ground my employer. He's a journeyman at best and will be here until his contract expires. He'll end up being one of the most expensive bench players in our history in the next couple of years.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:34 pm

To be fair he can do a bit more than run about 7_kewell. No offence but I'd have him in the team over you - but cheers for the offer lad!
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:03 pm

FACT

When James Milner is sent off, Liverpool never lose  :nod
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:06 pm

FACT

James Milner once won a staredown contest blindfolded..... over the phone, without even dialing a number.  :nod
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:05 pm

Reg » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:06 pm wrote:FACT

James Milner once won a staredown contest blindfolded..... over the phone, without even dialing a number.  :nod

:laugh:  :laugh:   excellent
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:26 pm

Reg » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:06 pm wrote:FACT

Lolz :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:24 pm

Strange player this guy. Taking the whole match into consideration I thought he was woeful, not just the first half but the entire match. The decision to play him as a midfielder was horrible, James has absolutely no awareness to play in the middle. People during the match were complaining about "holes" in the middle and it was mainly because of Milner. In a total of 90 minutes, he had just a few moments of good football, and if we take those good moments and add them together, we would come up with like 5 minutes of good football, at best. The strange part of it all is that without those 5 minutes we wouldn't have won the match! Out of 4 goals he had 3 assists!

I really don't consider him a good player, he runs a lot, can put in a half-decent cross and that's about it, he's an average player. But his attitude is always top notch and has good decision-making, 90% of the time he makes the right decision. Like I said, I don't really like him, but he's a very useful player to have in the team. However, I hope that the last match was the last time we played him in a two man midfield.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Fri May 06, 2016 3:57 am

All credit to Milner, he's performing the exact role that was envisaged for him when he arrived, mature leadership, calming, solid impact in the middle of field, fantastic work rate creating opportunities for his team mates. What a star man.

Our midfield is working so well at the moment that I'd be loathe to change it in any way, I don't see Hendo as better than any player out there at the mo, and the Welsh Pirlo is an able impact substitute/rotation replacement.

Considering we got the lad on a Bosman, I think he's been cracking value for money, a modern Gary Mac.

Well done Mr Boring!
Last edited by Reg on Fri May 06, 2016 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Fri May 06, 2016 5:28 am

He always plays consistently well and is a better captain than hendo imo.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Fri May 06, 2016 6:00 am

Reg » Fri May 06, 2016 2:57 am wrote:All credit to Milner, he's performing the exact that was envisaged for him when he arrived, mature leadership, calming, solid impact in the middle of field, fantastic work rate creating opportunities for his team mates. What a star man.

Our midfield is working so well at the moment that I'd be loathe to change it in any way, I don't see Hendo as better than any player out there at the mo, and the Welsh Pirlo is an able impact substitute/rotation replacement.

Considering we got the lad on a Bosman, I think he's been cracking value for money, a modern Gary Mac.

Well done Mr Boring!

I agree with you Reg. I defended his signing cause he always looked very effective when coming on for City. But he had a very slow start at LFC. To the point i gave up on him. But now hes been playing really really well for the past 2-3 weeks.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 am

Reg » Fri May 06, 2016 2:57 am wrote:All credit to Milner, he's performing the exact role that was envisaged for him when he arrived, mature leadership, calming, solid impact in the middle of field, fantastic work rate creating opportunities for his team mates. What a star man.

Well done Mr Boring!

Does not have flair but you need a player like him in the team to solidify things. Last night he showed great stamina, great vision and great determination. A great captains performance.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Fri May 06, 2016 9:46 am

So much for a City's reject...and to think they cough up £49M for Sterling  :rasp
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion