JAMES MILNER - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:21 pm

To be fair to Thommo that post was written back in early September about 3 weeks into the new season!
I thought both our fullbacks were excellent yesterday, Sterling and De Bruyne are a handful for any defence but we dealt with them brilliantly.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:39 pm

Milner has impressed at left back and it mostly comes down to his positioning sense - something Moreno has none of. Milner is also good at getting crosses in too, overlapping and giving us a good option in attack...again, something Moreno offers little with.

We still need a proper left back, preferably a youngster who we bed in as a future first starter
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:15 pm

Milner is experienced and very intelligent. He reads the game really well thats why he is a managers dream and can play almost anywhere.
I just hope his replacement will be solid.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:30 am

"All the compliments in the world will not make him a left back, and to settle for a right sided midfielder to play in that position saddens me. If we are serious about progression then it has to be sorted?"
Once again this manager has made me eat my words. Once again he has brought something out in a player that I didnt think was there. Once again he has shown me how stupid and narrow minded I am.
And I am better person for it!!
:laugh:
Thommo's perm

Postby kazza » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:48 pm

Thommo's perm » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:30 am wrote:"All the compliments in the world will not make him a left back, and to settle for a right sided midfielder to play in that position saddens me. If we are serious about progression then it has to be sorted?"
Once again this manager has made me eat my words. Once again he has brought something out in a player that I didnt think was there. Once again he has shown me how stupid and narrow minded I am.
And I am better person for it!!
:laugh:

First part of dealing with the problem, is admitting you have a problem  :D
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:43 pm

Played sh'ite today
:glare:
Thommo's perm

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue May 09, 2017 9:46 pm

Milner has done an outstanding job over the campaign and would be just behind Firmino for me in player of the season. But how sad/embarrassing/pathetic/un-captainlike/disgraceful was his sh'ithouse behaviour before the penalty against souhampton?
Yes Forster was out of order for intimidating and psyching him out and the referee should have stopped it, but FML why was he standing there with his head bowed while the other big cu'nt was whispering in his ear and scuffing the penalty spot? For fu'cks sake just flick him in the nuts, push him away, tell him to fu'ck off-do something!
I knew he was going to bottle that penalty because he had let Forster frighten him. He was supposed to be our leader on the pitch and he looked like a terrified little boy who was picked on by the biggest bully in the school. Imagine Dalglish putting up with that?
We need stronger players who wont allow others to push them around or put them off with naughty words.
Grow a pair please!!
:angry:
Attachments
Forster-Milner-Liverpool-gossip-801582.jpg
Forster-Milner-Liverpool-gossip-801582.jpg (45.87 KiB) Viewed 1677 times
Thommo's perm

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue May 09, 2017 9:53 pm

Days like this I wish Souness was still playing. Can you image what would have happened if he'd tried that with him  :laugh:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed May 10, 2017 8:01 am

Shameful
:down:
Thommo's perm

Postby only me » Wed May 10, 2017 8:33 am

Thommo's perm » Tue May 09, 2017 8:46 pm wrote:Milner has done an outstanding job over the campaign and would be just behind Firmino for me in player of the season. But how sad/embarrassing/pathetic/un-captainlike/disgraceful was his sh'ithouse behaviour before the penalty against souhampton?
Yes Forster was out of order for intimidating and psyching him out and the referee should have stopped it, but FML why was he standing there with his head bowed while the other big cu'nt was whispering in his ear and scuffing the penalty spot? For fu'cks sake just flick him in the nuts, push him away, tell him to fu'ck off-do something!
I knew he was going to bottle that penalty because he had let Forster frighten him. He was supposed to be our leader on the pitch and he looked like a terrified little boy who was picked on by the biggest bully in the school. Imagine Dalglish putting up with that?
We need stronger players who wont allow others to push them around or put them off with naughty words.
Grow a pair please!!

That's your perspective mate ,and it's totally wrong in my opinion. Milner didn't react to Foster tactics as he was trying to keep his nerve and composure in fact Forster was probably trying to trigger a response and he failed ,I see no fault in Milly behavior and to claim he was frightened is pathetic ,this player has no fear crashing into flying tackles so it has nothing to do with fear.

He missed the penalty because his confidence level was probably low due to his performance on the pitch and because that dikk head reacted pretty well.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Wed May 10, 2017 9:41 am

Thommo we all write shight at times but your comments about Milner go beyond that. Frankly your view of the situation is pathetic.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Wed May 10, 2017 9:47 am

To be fair it was a decent penalty. Milner aimed for the corner and it was a great save by Forster. Not sure if it had an affect on Milners decision though. Maybe Milner could have taken the mick and rolled it the other side instead of using too much power. But like i said it was a decent peno and a great save.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Wed May 10, 2017 5:35 pm

only me » Wed May 10, 2017 7:33 am wrote:
Thommo's perm » Tue May 09, 2017 8:46 pm wrote:Milner has done an outstanding job over the campaign and would be just behind Firmino for me in player of the season. But how sad/embarrassing/pathetic/un-captainlike/disgraceful was his sh'ithouse behaviour before the penalty against souhampton?
Grow a pair please!!

That's your perspective mate ,and it's totally wrong in my opinion. Milner didn't react to Foster tactics as he was trying to keep his nerve and composure in fact Forster was probably trying to trigger a response and he failed ,I see no fault in Milly behavior and to claim he was frightened is pathetic ,this player has no fear crashing into flying tackles so it has nothing to do with fear.

He missed the penalty because his confidence level was probably low due to his performance on the pitch and because that dikk head reacted pretty well.

Agreed... milner was just trying to ignore foster and keep his concentration. If he'd gotten wild and missed the penalty, then ppl will be saying foster had achieved his goal. he had put away 7 penalties before this. penalties CAN be missed. just ask our legend SG. it was a decent penalty and foster guessed it correctly. That's all. Look at Klopp's reaction. He clapped and accepted it as a good effort by Milner...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu May 11, 2017 6:34 am

We'll agree to disagree.
In my opinion he was like a little scared boy who was psyched out by the intimidation of the giant who was towering over him. It wasnt a great penalty at all, no matter how you look at it. Yes, if Forster had gone the other way he would have scored, but he didnt. If he was being strong and blocking Forster out, then it didnt work did it? It was, for me, embarrassing to watch and I cant think of any other player, especially from days gone by who would have stood there like that and allowed Forster to bully them ?
:no
Thommo's perm

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu May 11, 2017 2:08 pm

Thommo's perm » Thu May 11, 2017 5:34 am wrote:We'll agree to disagree.
In my opinion he was like a little scared boy who was psyched out by the intimidation of the giant who was towering over him. It wasnt a great penalty at all, no matter how you look at it. Yes, if Forster had gone the other way he would have scored, but he didnt. If he was being strong and blocking Forster out, then it didnt work did it? It was, for me, embarrassing to watch and I cant think of any other player, especially from days gone by who would have stood there like that and allowed Forster to bully them ?
:no

What exactly was Milner supposed to do in that situation? he kept his head down and got on with it what else could he do, punch the guy in the face lol
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion