JAMES MILNER - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redshade » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:53 am

LoL
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:16 pm

With Rodgers finally gone Milner will no longer be Guaranteed his central midfield role.. which will be a massive boost for the club. Hopefully he gets stripped of the Vice captaincy aswell. I have nothing against Milner, he's a hard worker and a decent lad.. but no way should he have been promised that slot in the team and no way should he have been made vice captain.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:08 pm

HE JUST DOESN'T GET THE JUICES FLOWING DOES HE !! I just can't imagine screaming COME ON JIMMY LAD !!  :laugh:

Milner has never set the world on fire for England or City. He is just a hard working decent professional but nothing else.It sickens me to see him picked week after week and wearing the captains armband when all yo get is just nothing more than average at best.Watching Emlyn Hughes rally the team or Stevie G in his heyday was a sight to behold. Henderson is a good lad but just how much respect does he command and whilst physically he can run forever his brain unfortunately doesn't share the same capacity.I just don't think he is the brightest bulb in the box.As for Milner I'm not if he commands any respect?

Hopefully we will see some dramatic changes for the better in the very near future.THE FIRST BEING A MILNER DOWNGRADE !!

£120k a week is just fkg crazy !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:10 pm

devaney » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:08 pm wrote:HE JUST DOESN'T GET THE JUICES FLOWING DOES HE !! I just can't imagine screaming COME ON JIMMY LAD !!  :laugh:

Milner has never set the world on fire for England or City. He is just a hard working decent professional but nothing else.It sickens me to see him picked week after week and wearing the captains armband when all yo get is just nothing more than average at best.Watching Emlyn Hughes rally the team or Stevie G in his heyday was a sight to behold. Henderson is a good lad but just how much respect does he command and whilst physically he can run forever his brain unfortunately doesn't share the same capacity.I just don't think he is the brightest bulb in the box.As for Milner I'm not if he commands any respect?

Hopefully we will see some dramatic changes for the better in the very near future.THE FIRST BEING A MILNER DOWNGRADE !!

Well said. 100% agree. I don't think he's good for morale to be honest. Free or not he shouldn't be picking up £120k a week. And traditionally our captains have been players of note, loved by the Kop. His position at the club is typical of Brendan's arrogance. 'B*llocks to tradition. I know best'
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby damjan193 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:16 pm

The guy should definitely be stripped off the vice-captaincy and it should be given to Lucas.

Speaking of which, will the new manager be obliged to respect the promises given by our previous manager? I mean things like, promising Milner that he'll play week in week out and in midfield no less and that he'll be vice-captain even though there are players more deserving for that.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:19 pm

RedAnt » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:10 pm wrote:
devaney » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:08 pm wrote:HE JUST DOESN'T GET THE JUICES FLOWING DOES HE !! I just can't imagine screaming COME ON JIMMY LAD !!  :laugh:

Well said. 100% agree. I don't think he's good for morale to be honest. Free or not he shouldn't be picking up £120k a week. And traditionally our captains have been players of note, loved by the Kop. His position at the club is typical of Brendan's arrogance. 'B*llocks to tradition. I know best'

To be fair we do not really have a proper captain in the whole team
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:42 pm

If Klopp sticks to his 'philosophy' and plays the 4-2-3-1, I can see Milner competing for a wide role with the likes of Ibe and to a lesser extent Lallana and Sturridge. He'll undoubtedly get many games in CM because we are criminally short of decent options in the position and the alternatives (Allen, Can) have been worse this season.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:39 pm

GET
HIM
THE
FU'CK
OFF
CORNERS!!!
:veryangry
Thommo's perm

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:45 pm

Thommo's perm » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:39 pm wrote:GET
HIM
THE
FU'CK
OFF
CORNERS!!!
:veryangry

LOL that is the one thing I thought he would excel at here. I always thought he had a decent delivery on him at city and it would benefit us  :laugh:
Lallana was equally as bad at them and opted to go short too often.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:41 pm

Providing assist for our goal then conceding the free kick which caused the equaliser.
Milners contribution
:glare:
Thommo's perm

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:46 pm

Milner is a squad player who should be nothing more than an impact sub - like he was at City.

His work rate would be ideal as a sub from the 70th min. However, given the full 90, he looks like a donkey. Yes, he crossed the ball for the goal, but it was a simple cross. Nothing more.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:54 pm

The lad tries I'll give him that but he lacks quality, mind you he's not the only Liverpool player you could say that about atm.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby SkippyRed » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:45 pm

He is as effective as casper, and probably seen just as much.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:13 pm

Forgot to mention, not only did he concede the free kick, he failed to stop the scorer on the back post
:glare:
Thommo's perm

Postby kazza » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:10 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:54 pm wrote:The lad tries I'll give him that but he lacks quality, mind you he's not the only Liverpool player you could say that about atm.

He's a less skilful version of Dirk Kuyt  :down:
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion