Is Gerrard a "Problem" ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:18 pm

LFC1990 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:30 am wrote:Hopefully as I think his rest V Stoke gave him both the energy and the motivation for the game yesterday.

I don't see him starting against Sunderland at the weekend. Not with Basle and United coming up.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:32 pm

LFC1990 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:30 am wrote:Hopefully as I think his rest V Stoke gave him both the energy and the motivation for the game yesterday.

He had a nice rest in the first half last night as well
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:27 pm

That was his best all round performance in months if not years, I think what impressed me more than anything was when Leicester has us pinned back in the last ten minutes and Gerrard was the one racing out towards the halfway line imploring everyone to push out, I haven't seen those types of energy levels or that type of enthusiasm from him that late in the game in years.
He looks so much more comfortable up the field it's untrue.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:47 pm

Fantastic performance last night but hopefully it won't discourage Rodgers from starting to play him less. The less we play him, the more he'll be capable of coming up with performances like last night in the games in which he does play. Like others are saying, we should rest him in the Sunderland game so he could be ready for the Basel and United games.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:27 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:27 pm wrote:

That was his best all round performance in months if not years, I think what impressed me more than anything was when Leicester has us pinned back in the last ten minutes and Gerrard was the one racing out towards the halfway line imploring everyone to push out, I haven't seen those types of energy levels or that type of enthusiasm from him that late in the game in years.
He looks so much more comfortable up the field it's untrue.

I agree,in the second half Gerrard came to life ,and like you stated above his energy levels were reminiscent of when he used to take games by the
scruff of the neck ,what I find worrying though is Rodgers persistence in playing him in a role that was detrimental to both him and the team for such
an exorbitant amount of time when common sense clearly should have prevailed.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion